Black Adam - Movie Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by eagc7, Jan 19, 2017.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    With this film releasing in weeks, clips have started releasing too.

A lot of this looks neat IMO.

2. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Well, at least this DC film is reaching MCU levels of popularity to get leaks like that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:

4. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:

5. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Okay, so the plot has been released. Spoilers below for those who want it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCEUleaks/comments/y4w4en/full_black_adam_plot_summary_leak/
    On the link above.

On the whole, I would call it a mix between Aquaman (which I found good) and Shazam (above average).

The film rewrites Adam's origin to be heroic enough for the Rock, though it does a mean a retcon since the SHAZAM film made him more villainous. But otherwise a lot of it sounds neat enough.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    That actually sounds like a pretty solid film.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kingfish333

Kingfish333 Well-Known Member

agree. It is. By far the best super hero film of 2022 so far.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Gaastra

News Credits:
    Reel rejects review. They had fun with the action, adam has creative kills but said script was dumb, they saw adam as the rock more than once, says it feels outdated and rushed and bad guy was wasted. Synder slow motion scenes return.

They said you can tell it was cut down. Not much history with adam. JSA was great and they loved dr fate but they complain female member has next to no screentime.

They said this whole film was the end cg fight in wonder woman with nothing new at all.

Ouch!

They said you can wait for video! It's a film they saw many times already!

Ouch!

These guys are big dc fans so this is a ouch!

10. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think more and more people are becoming openly bored and tired of the MCU. I certainly have, just have been so far earlier than they have been. Shang Chi was the last one I watched in theaters, even that one more so just so I can meet with my half-brother after many months of lockdown.
    I want to go into this movie knowing as little as possible, so I am not spoiled. Mostly, I am curious given how incredibly powerful Adam is, how Intergang can pose any threat to him at all pre- SABAC's appearance.

I always assumed Atom Smasher had some face injury or something, as most I saw him in comics and JLU he never removes his mask. Was he not the son of some older JSA hero, btw?

11. Gaastra

News Credits:
  12. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    A certain guy wearing red and blue with an s on his chest guest scene has leaked all over youtube.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mudslide

Mudslide Eyes rolled so hard they fell out of my head.

Spider-Man! Awesome!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    His mask was a homage to the Golden age Atom. Who was a wrestling type character. Who was short.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    his Atom Smasher was an improvement from his old Nukleon look from Infinity Inc
    [​IMG]

The JSA member with the face Damage was Damage
    [​IMG]
    both characters had history with the Golden age Atom.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:

16. Fc203

Fc203 Jazz is a Pontiac not a Porsche

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Movie was good I enjoyed it pretty interesting story. My friend whos not into superheros really enjoyed it too.
    can't believe we finally saw Henry cavil as superman again after 5 years my whole theater cheered.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

How did you see it already?

18. Fc203

Fc203 Jazz is a Pontiac not a Porsche

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If I were to give this movie a rating I would give it a 6/10.
    Story is kinda all over the place. I went in blind ive only seen a few tv spots but kinda disappointed one of the spots spoils something from the movie. The justice society was neat to see on the big screen. One thing I didnt like is that atom smashers mask reminded me alot of movie deadpools due to it having white eyes like deadpool and I couldn't stop thinking about it whenever he showed up with the mask on. Another thing I didnt like was the way kid actor delivered some of his lines, sometimes they were kinda bad.
    The movie starts off making you think the kid from the beginning is supposed to be the black adam we see but thats not the case. While he originally had the shazam powers he gave them to his father because he was weak then gets killed. This is what a tv spot spoiled for me.
    One thing I wish we saw a little bit more was cyclone and atom smasher. Cyclone was a bit underused she didn't really do much. Atom smasher was there to be the comedic relief from the team.
    Still I enjoyed it. I would say this is a little bit better than thor love and thunder and I enjoyed that.

19. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  20. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1...

News Credits:
    I was pretty satisfied with the film overall

the DCEU lives on!

they walked a fine line
    with the Justice Society not necessarily in the wrong but since Adam is the protagonist of the film, he cannot be all the way in the right either...

really liked Hawkman in the film, a real badass but not so strong-headed he can't compromise...

Dr Fate could have come across as a cut-rate Dr Strange but Pierce Brosnan brought some depth to the character even if his powers and future premonition perhaps mimicked Strange a bit too much at times...

I cannot fathom why the Society sent two very inexperienced kids into battle when they knew they were going up against someone with Superman-level powers...call in Billy Batson maybe but boy it seemed like a bad decision at first even if the kids played their roles pretty well...

Atom Smasher could have been seen as a knockoff (Gi-)Ant Man...he was sorta Tom Holland Spider-man more in demeanor...Cyclone was a genius and aerokinetic (not sure how much of the genius is from the comics or if they just needed a techie on the team) and I guess Stargirl would have been on the team except for her CW tv show precluding that...strange how its usually the other way around and the films dictating usage of characters...

the Fonz was a superheroe! cute cameo there...

so they had a bit of a twist to Adam's origin, with his son being the one granted the power and being transferred to Adam only to save his life...does that mean the Wizard Shazam sort of lied to Billy a bit when he was telling the origin of his powers?

I mean, yeah Adam abused the powers, but his son was a legit hero who didn't go power-mad...its a small distinction I guess, but sort of opens up the character to being redeemable instead of a crazy power-hungry despot...

was nice to see a different corner of the world getting powers, much like how Moon Knight expanded the world a bit...

nice to see a nod to Capt Marvel/Shazam villain King Kull in the armor of the ancient Khandaqians...

I almost thought it would have been a good point to end the film when Adam surrendered his power to leave a sequel to follow up, but of course I already knew about Sabbac being in it so that meant the film wasn't going to be over before we had our standard cgi vs cgi big finale fight...

I get that's the standard way most of these types of film end up building towards, but it still feels a bit like they've worn out their welcome...the first fight with the Justice Society was well done...by the time we got the Sabbac battle it seemed less well thought out...

I guess there might be potential for Adrianna and Amon to get bequeathed Shazam-powers in the future to create the Black Adam Family?

and of course seeing cameos of both Amanda Waller AND Superman himself means there's still a bit of life left in the connected filmatic DCU...pretty darn cool credit scene, even though I had heard it was probably going to happen it was still a legit highlight...

• Like Like x 2