Minor/Repaint: Binaltech Onslaught, Hummer H3

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Jarrod, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    Well, if I was going for a realistic camo paint job, I certainly would have done something similar, but I based it directly off the G1 Onslaught toy instead, which it is quite similar to.

Lumpy, try KO TOYS, they still had stock of all three colors last I checked.

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Oh yeah, I know you were going for a straight G1 redo. You NAILED the deco and did it well. I just don't think it translates well onto a BT. I also want to stress that it's the only thing I don't like about the custom. Everything else blows me away.

I've also gotta give some more props to you. I just today finally decided 100% to use my red Hummer H3 as Ironhide. It was a tough decision because I had most of the work done on a KP Convoy, but the piece I was working with had a spot on the tailgate that would have been near impossible to paint match. Thanks for your inspiration, buddy :thumb 

3. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

That is just sweet! I didn't know that they made KO Binaltech Hummer TFs.

4. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    Fair enough :) 

Awesome, I really do think the Hummer makes the best Ironhide, and I'm not just saying that cause I love mine:)  I've done the Skids conversion and thought it was perfect at the time. Never really a fan of the Prime conversion, though I have seen some good ones. There's just something about his size and girth that looks great. Plus the simple, nearly detail-less flat arms and legs work for him. Glad I could finally inspire someone, I know I've taken alot from the boards.

5. GenZhao

GenZhao Banned

News Credits:
    That looks pretty sweet!!

Ive been wanting to do some sort of army camo custom paint job, but havent decided on exactly what camo and for what figure yet... Nice job, the metallics look smooth :) 

6. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    :)  Yeah, I'm certainly not being argumentative for the sake of it; I just really care about Alts/BTs :)  It's the one line that really focuses on accuracy and scale as the selling points or "gimmicks" if you will. That being the case, I try to let my work reflect that and help others do the same :) 

I never have liked the Scion as Ironhide, as it just doesn't seem to fit his character. As for the Dodge Ram SRT-10 vs. Hummer H3, I'm still actually 70/30 on Ironhide as a Hummer or a Ram SRT-10. The main reason I've always been a proponent for Ironhide as a SRT-10 is because [supposedly] the mold was intended for him to begin with with Takara being adamant on making Convoy since "trucks aren't popular in Japan". I actually like how the mold looks as Ironhide too :) 

The more and more I thought about it, was the more and more I was sold on the idea of Ironhide with this mold though. Despite my preceding statements, I'm now 100% on board for Ironhide with this mold. I must say, still, that Onslaught using this mold is a stroke of genius, imo. Great work, bud :thumb 

7. Sabrina_Ng

Sabrina_Ng La Femme Fatale

Ebay:
    Nicely done. Unlike Supersquad's sharp eye for BT's, I like anything shiny :) 
    So yeah. 3 thumbs up! Or 2. Lolz!

8. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    :lol  If you're seeing supersquads with 3 thumbs and got 2 lolz, then he's definitely got you :lol 

9. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    That's just Bling-tastic.

10. BruticusPrime

BruticusPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Freakin' sweet!

11. BruticusPrime

BruticusPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Are Road-Bots knock offs?

12. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

OH i love that hummmer!! nice blue paint job!

13. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    That is freakishly fanstastic. I wants me some of that

14. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    okay, okay. that blue camo paintjob is off the chain. and nice work on the head, you cant even tell it was modded.

15. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
  16. HUMMERH3ALPHA

HUMMERH3ALPHA New Member

alittle help tracking this transformer down

As you can tell I am very new to this forum (just signed up today) but I'm not new to Transformers by anymeans. I have a large collection to requires two rotoms to house them all from old hard to find ones like Fortress Maximus and Jetfire with the Valkarie symbol on his wings to the nest edition transformers from revenge of the fallen.

I also as you can see by my screen name own a HUMMER H3 Alpha edition (Alpha editions just come with the V8 and suspension that the H2 comes with nothing more)

Anyway I love my HUMMER as much as I do my Transformer collection and when I noticed in the Fallen that there was an H3T HUMMER as part of the N.E.S.T. team I started my search to see if the made just a staraight up H3 Transformer and then I saw this post and my eyes got so huge they almost popped out of my head!

This is where the help comes in. I don't know if the HUMMER H3 that is pictured in this post has been modified or if there really is a standard H3 on the market but i want it bad! Not to mention my son has Asbergers and ever since I purchased my HUMMER that is all he collects now (and of course his Transformers, like father like son) so he would be thrilled out of his mind as well as myself if we could find one.

So can anyone help me find an HUMMER H3 like what is pictured in this post or if it something that is custome made would whomever made it be willing to sell it to me or make another one? I can't stress enough how much I really want one.

So anyone who can help me locate one or can make one or has one to sell please contact me either on this forume or my e-mail address which is [email protected].

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and taking time out to help me find a Transformer HUMMER H3.

Sorry for the length of this message I just got very excited to see something that I have wanted since I bought my HUMMER.

17. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

i likey alot...btw what do you think about the quality of the KO?

18. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    You should still be able to find them on eBay. You can always try the Junkion Exchange here on TFW2005.com as well. :) 

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...3-binaltech-hummer-h3-review-jeep-remold.html I didn't see a post from Jarrod, but several others of us have posted there :) 

19. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    Combine!!!! Now!!!!

20. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Wow, awesome custom. Not even Hasbro could pull a better Onslaught like that. Most impressive.