Biker Mice from Mars returns

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by General Magnus, Jan 19, 2023.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

• Like Like x 1
  2. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    Oh great. Can't wait to see how they'll screw this one up.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I have a friend who is going to be over the fucking moon about this. She adores the Biker Mice and she was convinced it was a permanently dead franchise since it rarely ever gets mentioned.

Given it's being funded by a company whose cited works were documentary series about the impact of toys, and indeed why these toys were so successful, it'd be real embarrassing for them to fuck this one up.

• Like Like x 8
  4. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    Awesome. Very unexpected. Looking forward to seeing what they do with this.

I also wonder what the other licenses they mentioned acquiring are.

5. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Something else that gives me hope that I'll eventually see a Dinosaucers toyline finally get made. :lol 

6. Firestorm

Firestorm Red Mage in Training

So I'm expecting something similar to Thundercats Roar. So maybe Biker Mice Squeak.

But seriously, if they do an actual faithful revival me and my sister would love to watch it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. AgentOrange

AgentOrange Banned

Because the original was such high art? It was just another of the slew of shitty TMNT coattail riders. Maybe marginally more memorable than COWboys of Moo Mesa but that's damning with faint praise

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What did you think of the remake series that aired on nick years ago?

Original--

• Like Like x 1
  9. DJBot

DJBot Well-Known Member

Didn't they already try to revive the Biker Mice once in the mid 2000's? I recall that show came and went with little fanfare, so who knows how another crack at it will go. I remember both shows but have no strong attachment to either series, the original just seemed like one of the many Ninja Turtle clones that came out in the 90's.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Venixion

News Credits:
    Please no. :redface2: 

11. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Considering the company behind this and the two pure nostalgia based shows they're known for I'm willing to believe that this will be a pretty faithful attempt until evidence shows us something different.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Venixion

News Credits:
    Erm... how many times have people claimed to be big fans of whatever they're rebooting? Not arguing with you or anything friend. Just pointing out that we've all heard those words before, and they've turned out to be hot garbage, more often then not. Or worse, name slaps.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I'll give you that, but if you've seen The Toys That Made Us or The Movies That Made Us you can see that they clearly have done their research on the subjects they were presenting and not just what worked but what didn't work for the toylines either. So, I'm not really saying this will be good because "they're big fans" but because their previous work shows that they seemingly have a good understanding of what made many of the nerdy things we love work/not work. At the very least they've shown they're capable of putting in the research. Now, will that translate into a good or even a great show? I can't really say, but given their previous works I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until something shows me I should think differently. Not all reboots end up being hot garbage and many of them do end up very good so even it being a reboot doesn't really automatically mean it's going to be a garbage cash grab like Thundercats Roar or Teen Titans Go or whatever other shit show people have potentially compared this too. Again, this could be good or bad, but I'm willing to give these guys the benefit of the doubt given their credentials until something in production or the show itself shows me I should think otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Venixion

News Credits:
    Just some examples:

Jem and the Holograms-They turned a fun, futuristic, pop-rock show into a boring-ass, generic, youtube fame...thing.

Teen Titans Go-What an awful reboot of a great show.

Thunder Cats Roar-Teen Titans Go reskin, but fortunately died early.

Mega Man Fully Charged-Has some charm, but its issues outweigh any good. The main protagonist was an obnoxious, callous, Ben Tenn wanna-be.

Castlevania Animated-Beautiful show, some great characters, suffers severe and uneven dialogue quality.

She-Ra reboot-Looks fine, but it is shit on a platter.

I don't know how good or bad Rise of the Turtles was?

It seems the new He-Man got a mixed reception from what I could gather?

Plus making a documentary series where they interview the staff is a tad different then rebooting an old property, if I understood that part correctly.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Okay? Shit reboots happen. I could easily counter with plenty of good reboots but that really wasn't the point I was making. Just that the people involved in this based on their past track record have earned the benefit of the doubt.

16. Venixion

News Credits:
    I do see your point. But my point is equally as valid. It's hard to believe these people anymore when they say these sorts of things, and the end result is a steaming pile of diarrhea, or they completely gutted the source material to make it unrecognizable. In fairness, I have heard good things about Duck Tales and Voltron, although I don't know anything about the latter. And again, documentaries aren't reboots, they're two different mediums.

• Like Like x 1
  17. IDWDrift

IDWDrift Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    The Nacelle Company is really buying up all the dead toy franchises they can, huh?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gaastra

News Credits:
    A film that wasn't even jem. It was an old script he wrote long ago called "famous" and just changed the names from the script to the cartoon names and added a robot and post misfits scene. Script had nothing to do with jem when wrote!

On the other hand, the jem idw comics were fun.

As for reboots some can be good like ninja turtles 2003, he-man 2002, spectacular spider-man, transformers prime among others.

Gundam had some good reboots also.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    He-Man was also rebooted in the early 2000s with little fanfare but is currently seeing a resurgence with 2 shows (granted one has yet to be renewed for a 4th season to my knowledge)

Duck Tales and Voltron were both awesome, and Rise of the TMNT was different, but ultimately pretty good (it helps that every version of TMNT is pretty different in it's own right)

I'd also include Thundercats 2011 as a good reboot, and while not exactly a reboot, conceptually Young Justice is a reboot of Teen Titans. Then there's the previously mentioned Duck Tales and Voltron as well.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Gaastra

News Credits:
    He-man 2002 was pretty liked in its first season. It wasn't the ratings that killed it. It had great ratings. It was they clogged the toyline with a thousand he-man and skelotors and no one could find the other characters on the shelves killing the line.

After toyline was killed why keep up the cartoon even with it doing well. The second season was already getting worked so they cut half the episodes leading to a rushed last half and killed the cartoon.

• Like Like x 2