Biggest complaint about DOTM toyline?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AutobotMirage, Sep 1, 2011.

1. AutobotMirage

AutobotMirage Wrecker

News Credits:
    Title.

For me, it's the lack of paint on some of the figures like Voyager Megatron.

2. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Well, I have many.

They're too simple. They can't really ... reach the same level of quality ROTF brought us. They've been dumbed down for sure.

Couple that with shrinkage, lack of paint, shitty gimmick, sense of overall apathy from Hasbro...

3. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's either the lack of paint on figures like Voyager Megatron and Deluxe Sideswipe or the overall downsizing of figures (especially bad with the Voyager figures, as well as with Deluxe figures of characters who should be Voyagers, like Crankcase).

4. Star 56

Star 56 Active Member

I dislike the whole mechtech Gimmick! Out of all the movie gimmicks I rank them as
    1)Mech Alive
    2)Automorph
    3)Mechtec

I hate how they have becom smaller due to big stupid wepons that have no use to a collecter I understand that the target market is kids and tha it's cool to have interchanging weapons but to me it holds no value. Automorph was decent but sometimes made things to simplistic. Mechalive was by far the best as it did not hinder transformation. I understand that the ROTF line was to complex for children but they did not have to make it this simple yes there is the odd one that is more challenging then the other like Sentinle Prime he was a bit trickeyer then Ironhide.

Also the lack of Interesting characters to buy, we have like what we have 6 difrrent voyager molds and they are just repainting them now, An optimus in everywave I don't think was nessicary considering it is a terrible looking mold. I would have liked to see some diffrent things in the voyager line like hatchet.

I also feel like wave 1-3 came out way to fast and wave 4-6 are taking there sweet time. It has made it impossible to find anything as at my local wallmarts zellers and toys r us all they have is wave one Deluxe and nothing else.

5. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    size

yes, that's what she said

6. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Everything....

7. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Smaller sizes.

Lack of paint I can at least fix myself, since I drybrush and add some details to most of my figures anyway. But damn, the DOTM figures got really gimped in size. Especially the Voyagers. Why does DOTM Voyager Prime look WORSE than HTFD Prime? The hell?

Mechtech isn't that bad, because at least it's a gimmick you can easily toss aside if you don't like it. It only really hinders a figure for me if it has really obvious peg holes in bad spots on the vehicle mode. See: Voyager Ironhide. But I think I still liked Mech Alive more because it also never hindered a figure much either.

8. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Voyager Optimus Prime. Small. Simplistic. Shelfwarming.

9. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    The repaints of TFTM/ROTF molds instead of utilizing the new DOTM ones.

10. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

- price increased while the size decreased.

11. DanicusTF(cdn)

DanicusTF(cdn) Well-Known Member

I can understand the simplicity of the designs because, lets face it, alot of the ROTF transformations weren't exactly accessible to the younger fan base. Mechtech is a neat gimmick, but I feel that in some areas it could have been excecuted a little better. The only major complaint I have is the lack of paint on the figures. If you can't even bother to apply some silver to paint the hubcaps on the wheels, then you've really become a whore for money, Hasbro.

12. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    They've only been doing that with exclusives.
    In fact, Hasbro went out of their way to make new molds for DotM. Ratchet got two completely unique Deluxe molds recently, one for NEST and one for DotM. Optimus likewise got two new Voyager molds, one for HftD and one for DotM.

13. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    how they are geting released over here such a pain i feel like there is no hunt at all

14. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mechtech.

While I don't dislike the weapons themselves, a lot of the problems I had with the line seem to have stemmed primarily from the mechtech gimmick.

15. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They aren't Generations. ;) 

16. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Only really the fact that you have to mod the deluxe weapons to make them lock

17. Astronopolis

Astronopolis Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    those cyberverse toys selling for as much as deluxes did not-too-long-ago is really irritating.

it might just be me but the mystique of the movies and toys is totally gone for me. the 07 toyline wasn't bad, but its successor promised to be bigger badder and more explodey and there was alot of hype that came along with it. the toys in turn recieved a bunch of the hype as well, but when everybody saw the film for the rush-job that it was, excitement for another sequel kind of diminished, at least in my opinion.

this complaint is ever present, and i know i sound like a broken record saying it, but just the sheer number of bumblebee toys. i know he is the kid appeal character and he is necessary for sales, but they really outdid themselves this go round.

anyway, tl;dr: cyberverse are glorified expensive legends, DOTM jumped the shark and took the toys with it, and bumblebee sucks.

18. mikenoynoy

mikenoynoy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My biggest complaint....Wing Blades Prime is not stateside!!!!!

19. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    my complaint is the lack of paint and I dont think the lien is that great either most fo the figures so far are either Bumblebee or Optimus

and the price for the Cyberverse figures, id like a few but no way in hell am I gonna pay almost $10 for something smaller than a scout

20. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    I also expect Hasbro to ignore increasing costs, deteriorating exchange rates, whilst offering larger, less profitable toys at the same time.