Big thumbs up to Hasbro

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Putting aside QC issues :) horse: but still relevant), Hasbro has been doing a great job as of late in my book. Now I say my book, because I am not buying everything Hasbro. I am buying the generations figures. The stuff they are aiming towards the collectors as well.

As a collector, I have to say they are striking the right cord with me anyway. Rhinox and Waspinator have been gorgeous figures. Whirl is stellar. Then you have the legend sized figures that they seem to be hitting home runs with. Cosmos, Swerve and Skrapnel are some of the most impressive figures I have bought from Hasbro in a long time. For that size class, they give 3rd Party a run for it's money. Then add on Metroplex, Blitzwing and Sandstorm/Springer and you have these constant homeruns.

Before these releases I was ready to give up on Hasbro. I wasn't satisfied with most of their deluxes and all that they have been doing there. I am still not sure whats going to happen to future deluxes. But the more I see of non deluxe stuff the more I continue to enjoy the releases.

So to me anyway, I think they are doing the job they announced this year. As a collector, I am happy I am being catered to. So I don't care about the over simplification of the movie line to attract kids. They did what they said they were going to do for me. So congrats Hasbro. I hope you are seeing the return on investment here.

Now, just get the QC on point, and we will be all good. (You know I had to do it).

2. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Are you... feeling okay?

:) 

3. bman

bman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How much did you get paid by Hasbro?

4. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Hey I am allowed to say good things too. LOL. If you notice, my negativity tends to come from price and quality. I cannot really complain about price when I buy 3rd Party. So with Hasbro, it's been mainly a QC complaint.

But taking that out, they have been giving us some great stuff. I am still wowed by these legends figure. Skrapnel is absolutely fantastic.

5. Dachande

News Credits:
    Yeah, totally agree.
    I'm still in awe of Hound, and I've had it for about a week now. He's on par with Springer as one of the best modern voyagers (IMO).

6. Alucard77

News Credits:
    He is just a beautiful figure, good transfomation, good articulation and good paint.

Also getting Skrapnel and Hound in the same order helps with your feelings about Hasbro. It even makes your overlook Tailgate. LOL.

7. OldDirtyBot

OldDirtyBot ODB

Not sure if the thumb is the finger I would give them lol but can't complain to much. As long as I can find MP Sunstorm in stores when he comes out I will be happy. I'll pass on all the AOE stuff same as I did with the other movie lines.

8. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    I'm gonna agree with you Alucard. All the figures you mentioned I either have or want an I'm not even a classics collector. Those legends figures just tweak me the right way an I can't wait to find them in stores.

9. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I am sure you can find MP Sunstorm. Shit you can still find Acid Storm. Speaking of which, I wish that fucker was on clearance.

As for the other fingers for Hasbro as of late, why? I mean the Legends, the plastic is great, the paint is great. Transformation are good. The best from them in a while.

Metroplex. I mean, Titan Metroplex!

Then the voyagers. Oh those voyagers.

Trust me, I get upset at Hasbro, but props have to be given.

10. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While the new stuff isn't my cup of tea, hasbro has been nailing it!
    The movie line is a terrible joke for the most part
    The generations stuff is very good!

11. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Which is weird, because they are giving us the quality. This is not usually the case in a movie year.

But yet again, I think they are testing things with the movie to see if these gimmicks and quick transformations get in new kids/fans.

12. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They paid you that much, huh?

Eerrmahgawd! They're paying you in future releases of Masterpiece figures, aren't they?!?!

:wink: 

13. Dachande

News Credits:
    On a side note Alucard, it's nice to see something positive posted here every once in awhile. All too often, the nitpicking and entitled whining by some collectors (not you, per se) overshadows what some of us enjoy, which is collecting Transformers and cool transforming toys. Hearing others actually happy or excited about current releases is refreshing.

14. tfwmongrel

tfwmongrel Plastic Crack Addict

The worst part about Hound is that he's actually Bulkhead. Hasbro shouldn't have let that slide.

15. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I am trying to be more fair handed.

For me personally, I get a figure with QC issues and automatically that takes over for me. Like with Rhinox. Gorgeous figure that I felt so disappointed by because of the horrid QC.

I fixed it, now I love the bastard. So I am trying to focus on the positive.

Still hoping Hasbro eventually tries to fix up the QC.

:poke 

Hey, if the worse that can be said is that Michael Bay messed up the name, then that is not that bad.

16. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Thumbs up to Hasbro for Scoop and Cosmos, the two figures I have anticipated most in years, and they nailed both.

And yeah, Metroplex. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it turned out gloriously.

If those were the only three figures to come out in the past couple years, I would still think Hasbro was doing a pretty great job.

17. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Get Skrapnel.

18. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I can't comment on the items mentioned as I have almost none of them... SINCE HASBRO UK signed an exclusivity deal on generations so only TRU can sell them and they they didn't both getting any....

I might get some of them when I can be bothered but all that stuff is as much work for me to chase after as it was for many Americans to get RTS Windcharger.

Shame really as I like the look of Cosmos he looks like the sort of thing I like.

19. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator

News Credits:
    Couldn't agree more. I had some very low expectations after most of the Prime line.

20. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    my problem is that the main line (deluxe, voyager, and leader) is supposed to be geared towards collectors.. but it's just ungodly cheap feeling and a far cry from the REAL generations figures.

so, while hasbro may be doing a good job with the generations figures, i still think they botched the movie line. which is a shame because not all collectors have no interest in movie figures. it just seems odd that with all of the one step changers, and flip and twist, and smash stuff, that the core of the line ended up the way it did. .. ridiculously inaccurate colors, and just a clear lack of effort.

but yes, they did a good job with rhinox and waspinator.. although, some people have been displeased about the grey plastic used for masterpiece grimlock, and personally i'm very displeased about the color scheme they're giving masterpiece sunstorm.