Big Lots! Bendy Bootlegs Optimus as "Space Warriors"

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sage, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Sage

Sage The ZetaConvoy

"Space Warriors."
    Yep. Plural. The newest KO of the Autobot leader hits the Armada "Bendy" Optimus Prime mold.
    I found these today at the Big Lots! location in Niagara Falls, NY. (This is the first I've seen or heard of them.)

He's at approx. two-thirds scale of the deluxe original, and I hope you like repaints/redecos...
    They regurgitated this little trucker eight times over.

Review:

The plastic "quality" is god-awful, and poseability is devastated.
    In short, a lot was left out.

Robot Mode Details:

The head is part of the solid chest mold (no head-turnin'), and the chest plate was just plain skipped. His naked, matrix-free chest is bared in all of its Hasselhoffian glory. What was the chest plate/grill is stuck to the tops of the shoulders. These brilliantly inhibit almost any forward arm motion, but the elbows do move slightly forward and back (as part of the transformation). The fists are molded onto the forearms, and fist holes are present to hold the nothing he was packaged with.

The legs are solid sticks, without any knees to articulate. Surprisingly, the feet still fold into the legs for transforming. The hips can open his stance a trifle, but no forward motion was accounted for. The tires do spin, though.

The New Booty:

A light bar has been added to the truck's roof, and each mold has the same Optimus "cab," just with a different back end. This is an uncompromising mass, but the gimmicks for each seem to be functional (i.e. the dump truck still dumps, etc.) When transformed, the back end is still attached, and has nowhere to go. So... he's just carrying the world's most unwieldy fanny pack.

One detail that amuses me is that they actually applied stickers to several of the molds that say "OPTIMUS."

...at least they got the spelling right.

Final Thoughts:

The retail was $2.50 each, so if you're a fan of shoddy bootlegs, this KO may be for you. My five bucks, however, are lost forever.

2. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah those space warriors really go bare bones. I bought the upsized WST bootleg of Sideswipe. He was G1 size but with WST styling at that size it really shows how crappy he is.

3. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

He looks good a dump truck.

4. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Yep, old news. Saw these a long time ago.

I also bought the upscaled WST Sideswipe and Prowl and they both blew chunks. I also got the 3 Armada minicon cars that were upscaled. Two sucked, one was surprisingly good.

5. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    total Knock_Off_ness!