Big Firebird Toy - EX-01 NICEE *Post no Pictures*

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Moos Crew, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, the basic head will just be airbrushed. White pearl, blue eyes, with the option for a pale pink/lavender for the face. I figure that'll be $20 or less to keep it in line with the vaporware version. Then an option for eyeliner and lipstick that'll be a few bucks more cuz I have to do that by hand, and options for extra faces (if I decide to go through with making them). Probably $3 for a basic addon face and $5 or $6 for the hand painted makeup version.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Piemanbegins

Piemanbegins Well-Known Member

I'm interested.

• Like Like x 2
  3. XIII

XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd be interested too

• Like Like x 2
  4. geekatron prime

geekatron prime Master of the Kerfuffle

I'd be interested in this, and no problem using the neck off of the other head.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Legate

Legate Plastic Crack Addict

Yeah, price matters. That said, that's some good work there.
    I might be in the minority but I'd be interested in unpainted heads/faces in order to take a swing at doing them myself. Or at least, the main one painted and others not.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, there'll be an unpainted option as well. Probably like $10 or so.

• Like Like x 1
  7. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    that's a great deal honestly. too good. I'd probably toss in a few extra bucks just to help pay for paints used alone. Those paints I know for a fact are hard to get hold of. in fact the white pearl paint for the head needed is only obtainable through an Australia hobby site if memory serves.

So yeah, count me in for 1 for sure. :thumb 

In all honestly I hope to see you make a custom face the has a Mouthplate in place of the exposed nose/mouth too. That would also be pretty slick.

I'm dying to finally get my EX-01
    NR (Nightracer) custom
    retool done. :D 

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  8. thrustjet24

thrustjet24 Little known member of the Rainmakers

This looks great. Would definitely be interested in the hand painted makeup option with additional faces (smiling, sad, angry, flirty, etc.). Also would have no problem using the neck from the other head.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Legate

Seconding @GAUGE's suggestion of a mouthplated face.

Might I also suggest a visored face(like Jazz, where the visor IS the eyes not on top of them), and a face that has a visor and mouthplate?
    Edit: mouthplate over the nose, not under, is best IMO.
    For expressions, a determined face without gritting teeth; essentially a "things are serious" face as opposed to a more intense "I'ma kill you!" one.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A mouthplate, huh? Not something I would've thought of but it looks pretty good in your Digi and it shouldn't be too difficult to make.

Which white pearl is it that's needed? I have a few white pearl options (I'm a sucker for white pearl so I've acquired a few paints as well as a pearl powder meant for mixing into paints) - I figured one of them would be a decent match. A few people on this board have matched the pink pretty damn well using a couple of Tamiya paints and I figured white would be easier than that.

As for it being too good a deal, I might revisit those prices once I get too painting but you also have to remember that there's going to be shipping charges as well. I agree it wouldn't be worthwhile if I were doing one or two but I'm hoping there'll be more orders than that - lining up half a dozen pieces and spraying them all at once is much less work per unit than doing them individually. Hand painting the makeup is more work but even that is better in bulk. Go through and do all the eyelashes, then go through and do all the lips. Only have to mix colors once for several faces instead of mixing them up and just getting one face out of it. My hope is that, instead of spending an hour on one head, I'll be spending like three hours on ten heads. Honestly I never would've considered doing this at all if I hadn't seen @NOCV do it and he seems to be pretty happy with the money he gets from it - not enough to live on, of course, but enough to help feed the toy addiction.

Alright, seems there's a fair bit of interest. I'll get to work on the other expressions. I want to say I'll try to have something to show by the weekend but every time I say something like that, it doesn't work out, so I'll just say we'll see what happens.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Interesting. Like the existing visor but just opaque or like a newly sculpted visor tighter to the face?

• Like Like x 2
  12. thrustjet24

Excellent. Looking forward to seeing them. Any chance you would ever do an alternate Elita One head for Nicee? I assume that an Elita One head would prevent transformation but it would be worth it....imho.

DF97F27E-1617-4742-B092-A283B5032B3C.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  13. Nemesis Compactor

Nemesis Compactor Well-Known Member

Geez, the longer I look at Elita's character model, the more insane details I notice.

Of course the helmet
    Arm antennas
    Flat upper arms
    Face on the chest
    Cylinder waist

Gonna look away now

• Like Like x 2
  14. Legate

I would say sculpted closer to and as part of the face.
    That said, I have a feeling you're going to play around with both options and experiment to see which you feel works best. ;) 

I would further specify an angled visor over a straight RoboCop-style one.

Although... That could look cool too, actually...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Autotot

Autotot Well-Known Member

I'm tempted by Snaku's head, but so pleased with the Elita head I made (tutorial here) the figure is Elita to me now. Then again, getting an extra Arcee head option wouldn't harm...

I considered making and painting Elita heads for people, but the cost of materials would be quite high, so I didn't bother offering. However, if people don't mind paying around the $40 mark DM me.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  16. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    If you can make separately colored parts be separate parts that you assemble post painting, that's the way to go. .2mm between pieces has worked well for me.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll consider it. Done right, it could look very cool.

Sounds good. I'll experiment. Might not be available in the initial release but I'll try it and see what I come up with.

I do really enjoy your custom and it's part of what inspired me to actually getting around to fixing up the Arcee head. I figured if you could match that pearl pink, then I shouldn't have too much trouble matching the white. I've also been experimenting with an alternate chest for Nicee, again because of your color matching success, but I haven't been thrilled with how it's been going and I've kinda temporarily abandoned it which is why I haven't been showing it and talking about it here. Might pick it back up after I'm finished with the face but I've also got several other projects going.

If I were to do an Elita head, however, I would make it stylized to closer match the BFB aesthetic. Nothing against your custom - again, I found it very cool and it definitely inspired me - but for my taste, I'd just want that stylization.

Yeah, that's what I do. I underestimated my gaps on my first try - tried to eyeball them instead of measuring and it made it very difficult to assemble the head. Unfortunately, I don't think I can make separate lips and eyelashes - the seams around them would destroy the sculpt. But if you can be bothered to beautifully paint Kremzeek's eyes and the little details on his circuit trap, then I have no excuse not to do lips and eyelashes on Arcee.

• Like Like x 4
  18. thrustjet24

Cool. Looking forward to seeing your stylized take on Elita One if you decide to do it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    Stuff of nightmares, right there. I even tried using paint syringes and that was just a mess.

• Like Like x 2
  20. BlueAngel_Bolt

BlueAngel_Bolt I'M REALLY FEELING IT

News Credits:
    I just saw pictures of the black Nicee on the discord and I think I have a mighty need for her and their "Windblade"

• Like Like x 2