Big Firebird Toy - EX-01 NICEE *Post no Pictures*

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Moos Crew, Aug 20, 2020.

1. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    I'm half-tempted to post photos when I get mine just to spite all the puritans.

But they've already banned me for less, so I can't really be bothered.

Just wish my Nicee wasn't literally on the slow boat from China (along with all my other ShowZ purchases, but I can't really blame them for that). The waiting period between tracking number updates is painful, because you see when it leaves the port in China and when it arrives at the destination port (New Zealand, in my case), with just weeks of anticipation in-between. Especially when it's a figure that looks this good!

• Like Like x 2
  2. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you do such a thing and they deletethe entire thread like last time, and maybe bam all mention of the toy from this forum for good measure, then I don’t think anyone is going to be very happy; especially the makers in here who are using this thread to network and try to provide on-the-spot upgrades for the community.

• Like Like x 1
  3. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Bro...

Just a head's up! I discovered even more fun modes for Nicee. Such as Mantis-Mode!

f20f12b89ee16aea4355277812aa8d65.png

• Like Like x 1
  4. Phase Sixer

Phase Sixer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just noticed this thread and wow, I didn’t realize tfw was this puritan...

• Like Like x 4
  5. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What would you recommend for lubrication of the joints? I haven't messed with mine much since she's so tight and I don't like the sounds she makes when moving joints.

6. Autotot

Autotot Well-Known Member

I found just messing with her for a couple of days loosened up her joins (!)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Judgement prime

Judgement prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Sup. You got my message

8. Sanity Bleeds

Sanity Bleeds Well-Known Member

Just got my Nicee in from Baba today. Haven't gotten a chance to transform yet, but initial thoughts are pretty good. Packaging is pretty nice for those into that sorta thing. In hand, figure feels pretty solid, with very tight joints, which is slightly unexpected given how many points of articulation there are. The chest and butt plates don't seem nearly as noticeable to me in-hand, but the thighs seem rather gigantic when handling the figure. The various weapons all look and feel great to me. The knee struts look really cool, but the knee joints are very tight on my copy, making it somewhat harder to appreciate this aesthetic (but doesn't really make me worried about breakage).

One of the only real complaints I have thus far is despite 8 total hands in the package, none of them hold the sword worth a heck. The pistol locks and holds in either respective hand perfectly, but both apparently hinder transformation just slightly. So far, no noticeable paint rubbing, scuffing, or chipping. The small vehicle seats and windshield on the back kibble could be better, but it's a small nitpick, especially when we've seen far worse both from official and other 3P.

Overall, I'm happy with the purchase. I've definitely bought far worse, at higher costs, from bigger and better known companies.
    /rant

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  9. captainfantasy

captainfantasy Der Komissar

News Credits:
    West Coast, 'cause you know it's the best coast.
    Good to know, I wasn't sure how the head attaches and the scale. Azalea's head just has a simple socket for a ball joint. The color is not the Protoform color/design, but rather the original standard Arcee coloring and style. I saw a pic with FT Rouge's head, It's quite similar.

10. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Ebay:
    I use shock oil for my bots. A little 2-oz bottle can be had for under $10 and will last you a lifetime.

• Like Like x 3
  11. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Only one hand holds the sword (Thumb's up hand). While only the default (open) hands that come on the figure work for alt mode. pretty common knowledge. no worries you didn't know. ;) 

Watch the only transformation video that actually gets it right. Really not sure why people keep struggling with transformation. (ALL of the reviewers do) :lol  In this particular figure's cas, the Instructions actually do work.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pro tip: For the sword hand, just use small blow dryer to tighten her grip a bit, by gently closing her grip a bit. *sword hand fixed* :thumb  (of course don't do it while she's holding the sword, you'll ruin the sword) Use tweezes to hold the hand by the ball peg.) (Do NOT use blow dryer while hand is attached to figure)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
  12. Sanity Bleeds

Sanity Bleeds Well-Known Member

K.

13. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    @GAUGE -

I got two nice heads coming in from @Zyros ! I’d be interested in hearing how the other people are making out on their own versions - and will any of them come painted? Going to try painting one of my heads when they come ... pretty scared tho :(  lol

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2020
  14. kollekxon

kollekxon Well-Known Member

Thanks for this info, i couldnt recall it, will have to order some.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The squeaking sounds her joints make scare me too much to try.

Is it like scale rc car shock shock oil? I've never bought any for figures and don't want to get the wrong thing.

• Like Like x 2
  16. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Lucky you. :thumb  That's awesome! He's still working on mine. I'm probably getting mine last out of the lot. which is more than fine. :thumb 

yeah @NothingHead is also working on some heads for folks. I'm getting 1 or 2 from him as well. I'm pretty sure he's painting a few as well.

Wait, I am pretty sure @Zyros is painting a few of them too. though I can't speak for him. :D  out of fear of death.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  17. FireFury190

FireFury190 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So I've had my Nicee for the past 2 weeks and have been loving it. However recently one of her knee joints has become loose and now it's harder to have her stand. It's basically the opposite problem I have with her ball-jointed shoulders which are too tight. Should I put floor polish on the hydolic piston on her knee joint, and does floor polish work on diecast?

18. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Just a passing through rider...

For diecast on diecast joints, I’ve found Loctite 271 to work great. If/when the knee joints on my Nicee gets loose, I would try to work some Loctite 271 into that joint. I will say I’m not quite sure where I would try to apply it into the joint though. Will need to study more closely when the time comes.

19. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    If you have a question/concern/need clarification on the rules or moderation, please see the first post and send a pm to me or another mod. The thread isn’t the place for it.

Thanks

• Like Like x 2
  20. FireFury190

FireFury190 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Isn't Loctite like a kind of glue? Or is that specific product number not a glue? I'm just worried it'll end up gluing the joint and making it unable to move.