Big Firebird Toy - EX-01 NICEE *Post no Pictures*

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Moos Crew, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Simp4Arcee

Simp4Arcee Well-Known Member

I also tossed ShowZ a pre-order dollar for BFB's Windblade.
    Once I see some actual prototype pics in progress, I pay her in full, whenever ShowZ Store gives the option.

Now let's see some more Henshin updates. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  2. Exousia

Exousia Lost Lighter

News Credits:
    So, I'm really liking Nicee. My copy did have a couple issues, though. A slight paint chip in the pink boxy bit on the forehead, and the middle finger on the relaxed hand (the one in the tray) bent up towards the the thumb. The former isn't much of an issue, and I believe I can solve by just swapping the heads and faces-- so I get the tray head with the standard face-- but the hand is more of a problem. Does anyone know if I could fix the hand, without damaging it, using the old heat with a hairdryer trick used on Marvel Legends?

Other than those issues, and some very tight joints on her left leg, Nicee is amazing. Really good articulation, solid materials, and amazing looking paint and plastic colors. I'm considering using a gundam marker to highlight some of the panel lines on the figure, but I'm not sure if I want to go all in on that yet. I definitely don't want to mess up that seriously amazing job on the white and pink.

The only thing missing is that Arcee head. Which I understand. I'm very interested in the head @Zyros has shown. Does that head work with transformation? If so I'm curious where I could buy a printed copy, and for how much. I wish I could get it prepainted, but I'm hoping someone around here at least posts what exact paints to use to match the figure.

3. guarayakha

guarayakha Guara-guara-booyakha~!

Really? I have no idea. All I've seen of EX-02 was that darkened teaser. But with ShowZ already putting up Preorders, I guess we can expect some updates soon? :D 

4. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    More than sure Big firebird toy will share some by year's end.

They are most certainly working on the renders for it at this very moment. I sadly can't share too much just yet. Once The main man shares what he's got, and gives the ok, I'll finally be able to share what I've got. People should be pretty happy, she's looking pretty cool from what I've seen so far.

But rest assured she'll def be different from that very early concept render art that was posted back in 2018. as for the silhouette, yeah it's def wrong. ;) 

Some other goodies too in regard to the Nicee Mold. But AAAAAAaaahhhhh! I have to wait to share. Until I get the go ahead from The main man.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  5. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    :cry Been waiting for days for Pitney Bowes to give this to my local PO. Says my home town for going on three days now

6. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Just a passing through rider...

I'm located in Minnesota. I preordered Nicee on 8/6 and it was shipped on 9/17 via CNE Express. It ended up being delivered by USPS on 9/29.

7. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    Everyone,

This is not the time or place for your take on societal Perception on women/what beauty is/why women don’t like this toy/the jealousy of said women. Stop.

Keep it on topic.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just a heads up about Nicee's joints; they're incredibly tight, but this issue can be fixed with some silicon oil. Her shoulder peg, in particular, for me was EXTREMELY tight to the point of audibly creaking and making me worry that the peg would twist right off. I ended up having to put oil on her neck, and both shoulders.

Additionally, has there been any clarity on the "rules" of Nicee photography? For example, if I were to take a picture of a figure in another thread, but she was also a feature in the picture (in a non-sexual manner, of course), would that be allowed? There's also a thread in the main TF forum about "boudoir" photos. Is she not allowed in a thread like that alongside a first party figure even though the entire point of that thread is to make the bots look sexual? Is she not allowed in ANY picture at all? Like, she can't even be on the shelf if I were to take a picture of my collection?

Sorry, the restrictions on Nicee as a whole just seems really odd to me. Especially when you have figures like MP Blackarachnia whose bust is bigger and who's literally based on a stripper.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The main man?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The mods have made it pretty clear that no pics are allowed.

11. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde born-again First Churcher

News Credits:
    That's pretty wholesome my man, she sounds like a cool gal.

12. Wolfdawg

News Credits:
    That does nothing to answer my question about to what extent it's not allowed.

13. Chainlink

Chainlink No real than you are

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    So Windblade is happening? Awesome. I'll wait to preorder until I see more, though.

In other news, Nicee is traveling around the country, but at least she's out of customs. Just gotta wait for her to get here...

• Like Like x 1
  14. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    As things stand currently, no photos of the toy. Not here or in any other thread. If this changes at any point, you’ll see the info in this thread.

Additionally, if you have questions/comments on the rules/moderation, pm me or another mod. The thread isn’t the place for it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Wolfdawg

News Credits:
    I didn't know if specific rules had already been discussed in the previous 43 pages of the thread.

16. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No pics of Nicee whatsoever are allowed on this site. Period. If you need more clarification as to the reasoning, you'll need to PM a moderator as we're not allowed to discuss or criticize moderator action on this site, per rule 7.

As for your comment on the Boudoir thread, yes it's of a sexual nature but it was always more of a tongue in cheek joke - putting completely non-sexual blockish robots in suggestive poses. It got a little more real with some of the Arcee figures and particularly Blackarachnia but the mods have always kept it reeled in and tame. There has never been any indication that we're allowed an exception to the no Nicee picture rule in that thread or anywhere else.

What we can do is post links to offsite picture galleries but the mods have made it clear that we will be held responsible for the content of those links. So no sites with nsfw content, and when I asked about the comment section on those sites, it was indicated that we would be held accountable for them and we should have comments disabled.

[edit] Sniped, but I think I also added a bit, particularly the bit about the off site galleries.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Wolfdawg

News Credits:
    This is an excellent post. Thank you for the clarification.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thank you! On the subject of offsite galleries, check mine out: Nicee

I tried uploading a public facing gallery of Nicee on Imgur last night but got at least two comments that I figured would get me in trouble so I re-uploaded it as a hidden (no comments) gallery and that's what I've linked here. Did a handful of poses and camera angles - not much really to say about any of that. I added a white outline Autobot logo to her alt mode 'cuz I thought it'd look nicer on her than a red one would. Haven't put one on her bot mode yet and I might not do one at all - there really isn't a good spot for one.

• Like Like x 9
  19. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Just a passing through rider...

Nice pics! The white outline Autobot logo looks like a good idea. I'm going to try that on mine. I was thinking about putting logo on the robot mode, but the only real spot for a logo that I could think of are the shoulders. Not sure if that would look good. I'm probably skipping the logo for robot mode as well.

• Like Like x 1
  20. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Man, i sure they decide on which repaint to do.

Would prefer the mostly silver colors, or the gold one they teased on facebook (like the Wonder Woman), or a darker colors scheme one, or a regular G1esh pink one.

• Like Like x 1