Big Firebird Toy - EX-01 NICEE *Post no Pictures*

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Moos Crew, Aug 20, 2020.

1. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    common repaint... come-on!!!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That sucks that a few bad apples ruin it for the bunch. I love feedback threads for ideas on how to pose figures. Nicee is far more poseable than I imagined, and having her in a standard "point gun in the air" pose just seems like im doing the engineering such an injustice...

As for the spare heads, I suck at painting, so I guess that rules out the purchase for me. Still, the stock head looks really good, so I can live with her being an Arcee clone or something.

Additionally, has it been confirmed as to whether or not her pearlescent color is due to paint or just the plastic color? I transformed her once with no issue, but I'm deathly afraid to try it again from fear of scuffing up that beautiful paint.

• Like Like x 2
  3. GAUGE

GAUGE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    Not a problem, friend. :)  Just trying to do what i can to help the community.

Tons of fans out there of this amazing figure. I'll do all I can to make sure Big firebird get's all the exposure I can since they really don't have any proper USA representation. :) 

It's not paint. In fact the only paint on the figure is the Metallic Pink.

• Like Like x 2
  4. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

Wow. I can't wait to see it in hand because the white looks great in photos... Totally looks like paint.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good to know. But are you saying that all of the metallic pink sections are paint? Because messing around with it, quite a few pieces seem like it's molded metallic pink plastic.

6. GAUGE

GAUGE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    I own 2 myself. Im not saying all the pink is painted. Parts of it definately are. The head alone proves that much. ;) 

None of the pearlescent white is painted though. Thats the actual plastic. Its got metal flake all throughout. Same with the pink. Super top notch look.

7. Zyros

Zyros Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm really trying to avoid painting because I'm super lazy with it. I've got around 15 personal projects waiting to be painted as-is haha.

If someone wants to quote me an insane offer, I'll do it. But I really don't want to

• Like Like x 1
  8. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Now there's an idea. Might buy a Paradron Medic version.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For those looking at doing the replacement head, I've examined the ones that @GAUGE got from the designer and the .stl files are in parts... sort of. The Arcee head has different ears than we're used to seeing, and all the pieces are in a single stl file, which makes it difficult to print. I had some luck with separating some of the pieces but not all - couldn't get the two halves of the head or the crest apart, the brow is stuck to the visor, and the eyes are stuck to the face (though it's possible the program I'm using just sucks). Also there is zero tolerance between any of the pieces which means if you try to print them, they'll never fit together. If you want to print the head in pieces, it will take a not insignificant amount of editing before that'll be possible (I'm poking around and trying to decide if it's worth the effort). You can print it all as one piece and I believe most slicers for resin printers will treat it as one large piece though that would mean the head couldn't rock forward and back on the neck piece. I'm still mulling over the best way to handle printing it.

As for @Zyros head, it looks wonderful but I feel like the price is a bit high. Not saying it's not justified but I have to say it's a bit hard to swallow. Does look really good, though. I'd like to see a little more as to how it's assembled - how does the neck post attach to the rest of the head? Or is the post and head solid and you only get the articulation from Nicee's neck piece?

Also, my Nicee arrived today! I have to say that, as much as I was all, "it's not that bad," in person the boobs are pretty damned... well they're definitely there. And with the pearlescent sheen, the curvature is pretty much impossible to ignore. I have to admit I'm considering designing a replacement chest for her - just not sure how I'd match it to her lower chest and make it look good. Plus color matching the white is going to be difficult enough - color matching the pink will be damned near impossible. In the end, I'll probably just live with her as is

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Zyros

Zyros Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can post photos later tonight, but essentially the head on mine is 3 pieces that combine with only a single seam line (hidden in the ear). It has the same neck swivel as the stock head.

• Like Like x 2
  11. UtahRobotInDisguise

UtahRobotInDisguise Herald of Utahcron

News Credits:
    Whew... dodged a bullet! My wife saw a pic of this on Instagram and almost had an aneurism! Glad I decided not to get it. Lol

• Like Like x 2
  12. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

If what you say is true this is breakthrough technology

I’m looking at a perfectly applied finish to this figure....... but now that you mention it, it is a little to perfect

I’m tempted take paint thinner to her now

13. XIII

XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I also downloaded the files that @GAUGE offered. Both heads the parts are vert welded and, under normal circumstances, not easy to separate. I chucked them into ZBrush and was able to separate all parts in few minuets. Helps to have 15 years experience with the software. Anyway, there are a few non-manifold holes in a couple of the parts but I can patch that pretty quick. The only real issue is that on the Arcee head, the visor is booleaned into the head crest and will require a little time remove and make it's own piece. The there are no "caps" for the side of the helmet except the "cones" and I'd have to make new ones.
    upload_2020-9-29_18-10-34.png
    Over all, it's pretty clean but FAR too low res for my tastes. Even at 20 microns it's going to come out faceted on most printers. I wouldn't bother with an FDM printer. STL (stereolithography not the file format) or DPL minimum. Just the unfortunate fact of converting NURBS curves from whatever CAD software they used (I think I saw some dev images of them using Rhino) and converting it to Polys for export to .STL. I'd love to have the native CAD and then I could export at a better resolution and separate parts. anyway... If enough people are interested, I can send the cleaned files to @GAUGE and they can offer them to anyone else.

Me, I think I'm going to rebuild at a higher resolution with this as a guide.

• Like Like x 6
  14. GAUGE

GAUGE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    that bad huh?

Sorry you aren't into her. :( 

I guess I'm different and don't really consider myself an Arcee Purist myself. So for me I tend to just keep Nicee her own character. :)  keeps life simpler. :)  and I'm not much limited to saying she's a Transformer for that matter. I guess I'm just a little more flexible.

It's a really great toy overall. in my humble (totally not biased) opinion. :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  15. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That revised Arcee helmet design looks like it's got a Twin Drive primed for GN Burst:

• Like Like x 1
  16. GAUGE

GAUGE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    Well... I was told by Tenxing, a Fan made them. So.... blame that mysterious Chinese fan. :lol 

17. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

I dont get what the complaints are about really, its "a" style and looks cool enough, though the Goodsmile Cyclion Type Lavender does the hyper feminine style in a less suggestive way.

18. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

As a human female, I find this bot awesome. Yes, it's kinda silly, but she also looks badass... She'll cut off your head and shit down your neck.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  19. indiprime

indiprime Member

Just got her in and wow! Really impressed with the quality. Very firm joints and would have never thought high heels could hold a pose so well. The pearlescent and metallic pink look fantastic. Piston knee joints are amazing. I put MMC Azalea's swords in her hands and she looks boss, they're a little short but they'll do. Had to slice through left trigger hand thumb to get sword in but the gummy plastic hands are no worse for wear. I would buy another MP scale figure from these guys in a heartbeat!

• Like Like x 2
  20. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Just a passing through rider...

I received my Nicee from ShowZ today. I pretty much knew what to expect and she is indeed a very nice robot with good posability and balance despite the backpack. She does have a, um, nice rack, but really isn't any more in your face than the thousands of female figures you see when browsing Japanese hobby websites. To me Nicee is a stylized Arcee, so the cancelled G1 head never bothered me. That said, I think I'm interested in the 3D printed Arcee head discussed here and will contemplate getting one. Overall, my first impression of Nicee is very good.

• Like Like x 1