Big Fire Bird MagicHenshin Series

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by guarayakha, May 28, 2020.

1. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

Lio Belle feels like what they were leaning towards
    Black Paw feels no nonsense. Which would align with her current vibe in the comic.

• Like Like x 2
  2. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

These are kinda cute in their own way. If they were done like traditional action figures instead of females in armor they would make pretty cool femmbots.

3. SomethingICanRemember

SomethingICanRemember Magic Henshin Fangirl

Twitter:
    I don't get what you mean by contrasting "traditional action figures" with "females in armor".
    They are poseable figures, females in armor, and robots all at the same time. Humans are turning into the robots, but that still lands them as robots in the end.
    I don't think they've explicitly stated they're turning into robots, but with the way they transform from vehicles (they're originally transformed into vehicle mode, then they have to rearrange into humanoid form), it only makes sense to call them robots. I guess we won't really know unless one of them gets cut open or something, revealing machinery inside. Scarlet Sonic might be able to make that happen with her energy swords, and they've already established they won't stay injured after transforming back, so it wouldn't be gruesome

• Like Like x 2
  4. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas The Snow Guard

Ebay:
    Indeed! Didn't the head thing describe it as being like they swap into their hero bodies or something? But yeah, they ARE robots!

• Like Like x 1
  5. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    You'll be waiting for a really long time sadly.

Some bullet points from my previous conversation via facebook messenger with Tenxing Wei last Thursday pretty much went as follows:

Casual chat for a little while since I hadn't heard from him in a few months.

We got into talking about some upcoming stuff he's working on while he showed me some images of some new stuff (really excited btw. a lot of stuff looks really great)

He let me know BFBT will be launching new product the second half of the year. seemed pretty excited and optimistic.

I brought up the subject of EX-02 Scarlet Princess. He said they'll have some things to show us later this year.

I asked about how progress on Lion Bell is coming, and how the MHG's launch was at Wonderfest as I was excited for him. That would quickly change to sadness.

He said, Sales are very bad. Not even 1/10th of what NICEE's sales were. So he's giving priority to other designer's projects and shelving the MHGs for the time being, and moving forward on new things.

Due to the Henshin Girls failing to meet sales expectations, plans of Lion Bell also are being put aside for the time being. *he's super bummed out as he invested so much effort, time, energy and funds into getting them made. molds very expensive.

He really wants their story to be told but first he needs to recover his loses aka money he invested in the failed launch with other hopeful projects. then maybe he might come back to revisit them.

I told him please don't give up on them just yet. tons of people really love them, especially here in the US. and I was really sad to hear about the failed launch. I told him we all love his products and we thank him for all he's done up to this point on getting this stuff out to us.

He thanked us all.

*convo ended*

I woke up the next day to all of those images from EX-01 plus Mocha in my DMs.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  6. Simp4Arcee

Simp4Arcee Well-Known Member

Was she scrapped?
    Didn't they have some teaser proto images a while back when the combiner Henshins were still in production?
    Or did they just toss her on the shelf to focus on other things?

7. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    apologies. I posted my reply prematurely before I was finished. Sorry my friend. Read my reply again after refreshing. :) 

8. Simp4Arcee

Simp4Arcee Well-Known Member

Oh, thanks for the explanation.
    That's sad to hear. I preordered the EX-01 Plus Mocha but was really looking forward to new Henshin updates.

Do you know if BFB is still working on the Science Team Catgirl posable fig or if she's been put on hold as well?

Thanks again in advance.

9. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    They are definately still working on the Scientific Catgirls for sure. one of the things he showed me was another character from that line. also some other stuff related to well....I can't say it yet. but trust me. if your a fan of female robots and a certain thing of a feline variety, people are gonne go crazy. At least....heh heh that's my greatest hope.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

That's really really too bad. It's so hard to get original IP off the ground. Looking forward to mocha.

• Like Like x 1
  11. guarayakha

guarayakha Guara-guara-booyakha~!

I wonder if the relatively high price point is also cause for poor sales? A few of my non-toy collecting friends did kinda point out that while they look nice, the price just seems a bit on the expensive side for figures of that size.

• Like Like x 4
  12. SomethingICanRemember

SomethingICanRemember Magic Henshin Fangirl

Twitter:
    That's sad to hear, but thank you for the update. Hopefully they're still working on the anime, and that will bring the boost in interest they need. It's hard to imagine the market's not there, especially in Japan. They definitely need more exposure, and I don't think the majority of their ideal audience would be within the population of Transformers collectors

• Like Like x 1
  13. cybeast

cybeast Freelancer Pun Maker

News Credits:
    Damn that's sad, but kinda understandable :( 

The long wait + the size for price value, and the fact that a mecha girl with this design is kinda niche...

Kinda bummed since I actually love it :( 

14. Crystal Convoy

Crystal Convoy Huh? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So with them being shelved, should I just assume I'm never going to get my set from AmiAmi?

15. Xaran Alamas

Ebay:
    I'm so sad to hear that :(  fingers crossed they'll get another shot down the line... hopefully it's not a never for more Magic Henshin...

Is EX-02 their Windblade figure?

And wow, I hadn't heard of this Mocha redeco of Nicee, tempting! I don't know where the best place is to keep up on updates for BFT figures.. any suggestions?

Maybe they could try selling some individual figures, jumping straight to the combiner might not have helped as most places just sold the entire set?

16. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    Aw man. That sucks about the sales numbers. What happened with the Tencent thing and making a show or something? Is that still happening?

Either way, I'm definitely buying a second set now. I know it won't be much in the long run but i like these enough and want to help where i can! I need Blackpaw darn it!
    *cries*

• Like Like x 1
  17. guarayakha

guarayakha Guara-guara-booyakha~!

HLJ only got their stock in recently, I guess Japanese stocks incoming soon?

18. rayce

rayce Decepticon Defector

Well theres some news i was not hoping to read. Damn.

Welp. Preordered Mocha. Im still in with BFB in hopes to get more HMG. I cant stop looking at mine and sorely want to populate my collection with more.
    :( 

19. Xaran Alamas

Ebay:
    I'm hopeful the Magic Henshin Gals will end up being a rethink rather than axed entirely. The phrasing in those posts gives me a small amount of hope for them :)  Fingers crossed!

20. Joeyz1231

Joeyz1231 Randomly shows up

welp, time to buy a second set!

• Like Like x 5