Big Decisions ; Little Time PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Ratchet2007, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    You better add Super Paper Mario to that list.

Add it.
    Now.

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!!!!!!

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool man, you make good points as well. Like I said, it wasn't anything against your points.. It was more the "lack of games" argument that I hear so much. You are still the Supreme Omega!! heheh

But Uncharted is much ownage.. Didn't know about the lack of blood thing though. That really does suck llamatron balls.

Give Rygar a chance when it comes out and let me know how it plays. At the end of the day, I will eventually own a Wii. I just need that title that will push me into it... I dunno, maybe Mario Kart. But I will own them all. If I owned an Atari Jaguar and a 3DO, I will eventually have to rebuy a Wii. Not that I am comparing the Wii with the Jaguar, rather I am such a gaming whore that I can't be without experiencing all of the games.

4. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  5. McBradders

No, I've seen the Zero Punctuation and his Uncharted review, and he's over-exaggerating for lulz.

So, again, I put it to you;

What?

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is one game that I can't find a flaw in. Uncharted was some kind of bliss. And sometimes I pop it in just to look at it. No bias, but that is one of the best looking console games I have ever seen. Overall, only dwarved possibly by Crysis, but even then Uncharted has more polished Animation and added details. Graphics don't make the game, so thankfully, it's such a blast to play, and the characters are nothing but love. I need to start wearing my shirt half-untucked like Nate.

7. kronos

kronos PSN = METROPLEX_84

News Credits:
    Wii just dosent have the games I had wanted. (So I traded it for a PS3).

360 is a scarry option with all the issues I keep reading its haveing. So I stayed away!.

PS3 hasnt failed me yet and its pretty much future proof in the aspect of the BluRay player. Its got all the games I like and has a bunch coming out for it!

Basically, just do your research and see what ach has to offer that you would use. They all have their posatives and negatives. Whatever your choice, enjoy!

8. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

90% of thread says 360. I lol'd.

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And the dollars earned would say the Wii is the best system, but 90% people here don't agree :) 

10. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    360 for sure.

And I rented Uncharted as well and was unimpressed.

11. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

I'm married to my Xbox 360.

I choose the 360 because it delivers video game content that I prefer.

12. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    360 for the present, PS3 for the future, Wii to waste your money.

Seriously, take a look at each system and see if you can come up with at least five games (that are out now or coming out very soon -- less than a month), which ever one has the most titles you're interested in, then you have your decision.

13. McBradders

:lol  you said that about Rock Band ;) 

14. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Be sure to get Metroid Prime 3 as well, it's brilliant.

15. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Make a list for each console of games you want to buy and known upcoming games you want to buy. The console with the biggest list of games is probably the one you want. Make sure those games don't suck.

Simple enough.

16. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

I know that I'm late and all, but oh well. Wii is a fine choice, and it would have been my recommendation to you anyway. Great games for the system include Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and the criminally under looked Zack and Wiki. Only thing is that you should be warned that Nintendo's online is D- at best.

I don't understand all the 360 love. Almost all the games that appeal to me are also available on/coming to PC with better graphics, better controls and higher resolution. I am the type of person who refuses to pay for Live, and simply will not pay for a downloaded rental or whatever. I also find the game library to consist of mostly fratboy shit such as the me-too FPS games, sports, and me-too racing games. Just not my bag.

PS3 is a nice choice if you have a HDTV (aka, I love the Bluray), although the game library is still a little shallow at the moment. That said, there are some sure to be big games coming out this year including GT5 Prologue, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Little Big Planet.

17. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    NO. GET A 360. All the cool people are doing it. All of TFW has one!! Peer pressure FTMFW!!!

I keed.

Get what you'll enjoy in the long run is all I have to say.

18. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Now now, we can't actually expect people to PLAY a game before making opinions on it can we?

19. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    You know, I was pretty excited for a Wii Rygar and I was mostly let down when I saw that it was going to be an 80% port of the PS2 game.

Still, there are opportunities in that game for meaningful motion controls and I loves me some Rygar.

I have fond memories of playing the arcade game at the 5 and Dime (until they replaced it with Popeye. Popeye!) and it was one of the first NES games I ever rented.

20. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    That's like replying to a post and not reading the whole thread :D  And that never happens, does it :p