Beyblade

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by SoundMaster, Jun 11, 2009.

1. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh jeese. I remember spending like 60 bucks on this crap, only to find out that I'd not only spent money on spinning tops... but cheap KOs that my yugioh locals was passing off as the real deal.

2. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Waverider: And therein lies your problem. If your son wants to get into Beyblades, you have to reach a balance between safety and competitiveness. If you get him the new Metal Fusion ones, they're competitive, but way dangerous. The plastic generation isn't competitive anymore, but much safer.

Anyways, just be prepared to have metal flying at high velocities, sometimes at you. Get an arena, but it's not a guarantee you won't be a target.

3. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Haha, metal weight rings were the best when they weren't fully deburred.

... sparks would fly!

4. Treadshot A1

Even HMS was dangerous. Beyblade's power creep is insane and really dangerous. That said, I've had fun with some of those things and heir blood spewing antics.

5. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That has never happened when I use them, no matter how fast I a launch them. Once you just keep you face away from the arena you are fine.

Way Dangerous is a bit of an overreaction, if you are sensible with them and don't go doing the flying jump launches from the show you are fine, +the stadiums are walled so that keeps them from flying out.

6. Treadshot A1

You should see the stadiums they released for Plastics and HMS which were exactly like the stadiums you see used on the show by the unnamed, crowd-filler kids. They have a fence about an inch tall, missing sections, and Beys are encouraged to be made to knock the other Bey out. That was dangerous.

Also, i've actually had stock Beys which managed to leave gashes and holes in my stadiums. So i would certainly say they're dangerous. Plus, just the idea of having metal whizzing around at that speed... I quit Beyblade after HMS; it was just too unpredictable, sometimes painfully so. :(  I certainly understand that the metal makes a more efficient top, but...well, i just think they've crossed the line from children's toy to play-with-care collectibles. I certainly would never buy one for a kid, imo that's just stupid.

Oh, and the attack tops are just scary to look at when they're going. Anyone who has the inside top of Magical Ape, or who's seen the sudden change in a Dark Leopard knows what i mean. ;) 

7. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I remember those. My friends all had the plastics ones, and I used the metal ones. Destroyed their blades. Hurt like hell picking it up while it was spinning though.

8. Airspeed

News Credits:
    Wow this thread just turned into the Anti Beyblade thread.

Helmet, Knee, Elbow and Wrist pads everyone when using Beyblades.........ohh and don't forget Eye protection.

If they were that dangerous they would not be sold, if you use them sensibly they are perfectly fine.

Anyone coming into this thread thinking of getting some beyblades is probably leaving fearing for their lives, lol

9. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    And millions of kid across the world are playing it. You would think there will be major news if injuries was caused by Beyblades.

10. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Yep.

I still have my pink stadium (only has one small gash), but my friend's wasn't lucky, and it might have something to do with the fact that he glued little nails onto one of his beyblads and let it rip. His sister came down & was like wtf are you guys doing, and we were like yeah, lets just say that we're playing Pokemon.

11. Airspeed

News Credits:
    Now THAT is not safe :lol 

12. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Yeah I know.

We probably should've gone with JB Weld or something because those little fuckers would break off & fly all over the place.

13. Barrett Sturge

Barrett Sturge Well-Known Member

Not to be a necroposter, but I thought I'd stop by and say that I'm a fan of Beyblades, and just for fun, my friend put one of his old ones against one of my new ones, and it held up pretty good until it exploded. My new one broke the old one's metal ring in half, but the plastic parts just went flying. 'Twas crazy.

14. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are these still around, Anyone collect or still play? I was watching the anime again and I'm tempted to start a collection.