Beware the Batman

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by UltraAlanMagnus, Oct 4, 2011.

1. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Who do you think it is? Ben McKenzie?

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I honestly don't really have any guesses. The voice definitely sounds familiar, but at the same time no names come to mind. I want to say I've heard this voice used for a villain in something I've seen before.

Listening to some youtube videos of Ben McKenzie speaking, it could definitely be him. Looking at the list of what he's done, I'm honestly not familiar with any of his past work. Though he did apparently voice Batman in Batman Year One (I still haven't seen it), so it wouldn't shock me if they hired him to voice Bats in the new show.

No matter who it is, the voice is definitely a good fit. Hopefully that's a sign that the people behind this one know what they're doing.

Side note, this will be the fourth modern cartoon I'll be following that's entirely CG. The first three being TFP, Green Lantern TAS, and Nick's TMNT. Looks like I won't be able to say I'm not a fan of CG cartoons anymore, lol...

3. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

well who ever it is, sounds a lot like a younger version of Conroy to me.

4. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    What about Star Wars The Clone Wars? It's in CGI.

5. Dolza_Khyron

well; i think with cg improving, thanks to clone wars showing that it CAN be done well for a series, it's good to see another cg show i guess. the animation looks pretty good, but yet still simple enough to make it not too expensive.

transformers prime is pretty neat. and nick's tmnt should be ok.

i mean at least they don't look like ps1 cut scene series any more :lol 

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I've seen a couple of episodes, and kind of regret watching what little I have. The style of it is the main reason, I absolutely hate the style of the animation. Also doesn't help that I feel no need for Star Wars to continue to exist. It's had it's run, let's move on already.

Anyways, back tot he topic at-hand, I'm very curious to see how the villains will be portrayed. I don't know much about them, but what I've read about the one makes me think that this take on him will be downplayed a lot. Which I'm ok with, cause this is a kids show after-all.

While the animation doesn't look all that bad, I still would have preferred a cell-animated show. It's something that's becoming a bit of a rarity these days. Out of the three cartoons I currently follow, only one of them is cell-animated (Thundercats), and the only cartoons coming out in the future, atm, that I have any interest in are CG.

7. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So... "Batman - The Brave and the Bold" was cancelled for this.... Yes, some CGI cartoons have been doing great lately but this just looks bad.
    Batman's voice isn't that good and the CGI doesn't look good... I'm trying not to judge because it's too early but....

TBATB's Batman voice is a hell of a lot better, his voice is suppose to strike fear in to villains.... This voice just seems very normal.
    I know TBATB's voice wasn't that good, but it was still way better and had the potential to freak villains and criminals out.

As for the CGI, it's way too cartoonish, even for a couple of seconds, it's the same animation as the Green Lantern show which I think it's very cheesy animation to be serious with... It's hard to take it serious.
    It worked for The Flaming C Trailer and that's it.

But it may have a chance, because if well written... I could easily forget about the voice and the CGI.
    I just feel after Young Justice success, we get this and this isn't looking so good from this one teaser trailer.

.... :banghead: 

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Wow.

That's hilarious. Especially coming from somebody with a Prime character in their avatar.

9. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Animated Batman has not let me down in 15+ years, I'm sure that this one will be no different.

10. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

This show had me at "Gun-toting Alfred Pennyworth".

11. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Getting sick of the CG stuff. Clone Wars and Prime is it for me. I'll pass on Green Lantern, TMNT, and this. I prefer shows like Thundercats, Young Justice, and Legen of Korra. I would like the next TF series to be like these.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    How is what I said hilarious? The Transformers franchise has reinvented itself several times over the years. Where Star Wars hasn't. They've made some minor changes here and there, but nothing that's given any real reason as to why the Star Wars franchise is still as active as it is.

Edit: Let me clarify what I'm trying to say here. I don't think Star Wars needs to completely reinvent itself, but I honestly think it's gotten stale since the prequels ended. They haven't done anything I would consider interesting in a while now, so I personally see no reason for it's continual presence. Doesn't help that I don't enjoy the Clone Wars show.

Now please, can we get this thread back on topic?

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I like the CGI, so sue me. Honestly I like Green Lantern the Animated series so I have nothing to worry about besides you'll all warm up to it.....

......90% of fanbases do.

14. Dolza_Khyron

star wars is still around, obviously because it HAS stuck with the same story for 30+ years.

star wars in the prequel trilogy was mostly cg, there for the only difference here is that the cg is much cheaper, since it is a tv show, and the people, aka humans, are now cg too.

besides, it's not just the animation style that makes a great story. and we all know eventually the majority of tv cartoons will be cg. We all know this. most of us are just resistant to the change.

with that said, i think the batman cg, that's clearly not the finished product, does look pretty neat to me. but as others mentioned, Alfred is what's getting to get a piece of the action is pretty cool too. still say the whole thing reminds me of big o. so where is bat roger smith's giant robot? :lol 

15. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    This sounds interesting. Not sure about commando Alfred, but I'll deal with it. Hopefully it'll be better than The Brave and The Bold...

Also, hoping for Black Mask in this series...

16. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Let's hope Nolan North reprises his role as the Black Mask in the show.

17. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    And hope this one doesn't get beat up by Tyger Guards... :lol 

18. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    So the prequels and animated show aren't good enough? Please. It sticks with what works, which is something Prime didn't do, and the reason I don't watch it. This show might be good. But it isn't my Batman, just like Prime isn't my TFs. Sometimes something doesn't have to reinvent itself to work. And sometimes when it does, it sucks. SW is loved because it hasn't changed.

19. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Looks interesting so far. I just hope the minor villains (that they want to have appear more) don't take the place of the major villains.

I'm cool with guys like Professor Pyg getting some screen time, but not if guys like Joker, Two-Face, Scarescrow, Mr. Freeze, Penguin, etc lose theirs

Also not sure how I feel about Alfred, though I can see him using a gun resulting in issues with Batman. Maybe Alfred will kill someone, and this will cause a conflict with him and Batman

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YES. *shake him violently* I don't particularily agree with the Prime or Batman points but the logic here is sound. Star Wars works because it is more of the same. It improves the formula, not changes it and gets a totally different and inferior quality product. You should change because you think it will improve the subject or that it will yeild higher quality, not just for the sake of being different. Prime feels like it's just doing for the sake of being different, instead of shooting for something because it feels it's worth it.

Which of course has little to do with this Batman but whatevs... that Batmobile's pretty nice, BTW.