Beware of TFSource.com Choose Big Bad Toystore instead! You won't believe my story!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Oberon, Jul 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fenrir Zero

Fenrir Zero Permanently Retired (1984-2020)

Ummm... Yeah.

I will just repeat the fact that this is a case where contacting the seller in advance may have helped prevent this. And that asking for assistance would have a friend (or help) call TFsource and see if they can resolve the issue (by phone) on your behalf. And that contacting the BBB would also have helped since they would be forced to step up and resolve this.

And I will cap this off by point out the fact that bashing and vilifying a company while praising the competition does not give the competition an overall positive/trustworthy image. And it just makes you look like you are trying to play politics within a community, opposed to being a victim that needs help resolving an issue.

2. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think you and I may be talking about two entirely different types of bears. :sly: 

3. Fenrir Zero

Fenrir Zero Permanently Retired (1984-2020)

Dorothy, Scarecrow, and the Tin Man: "GoLion, no tigers, and bears..."

George Takei: "Oh my... :) "

4. TheDecepticon

TheDecepticon Resident Asshole

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

5. Chrisola

Chrisola Solid crotch ratchet

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

6. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i will just generally concur, as I have my reasons too.
    TF Source is overall a joke (for me)

7. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That always makes my day. :D 

8. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It took me a minute and then a realized that someone photoshopped Worf's head onto Picard's body, added Worf's sash, recolored Picard's uniform to match Worf's then recolored Worf's uniform at his security station to match Picard's and put Picard's head on it and blurred it all appropriately to add proper depth of field. Now THAT is seeerious commitment to making a meme! :eek: 

9. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

"His hair was black as midnight" is a simile. :p 
    A metaphor would be more like "a crown of midnight adorned his head."

10. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Similes are a subset of metaphors that use "like" or "as" so all similes are metaphors, but not all metaphors are similes. So technically we're both right.

11. robh

robh Decepticon

i can't believe this is still going on.

12. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TFSource is a complete cluster f*** and it blows my mind people still, after ALL the crap that's been reported about them over the years, shop there.

Mind blowing.

13. GiganGoji

GiganGoji Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's probably the fact that some people still have transactions with them that are perfectly fine.
    Not that it excuses any bad ones, but if people like myself are still ordering from them with no problems, then that's just what we're going to do.

14. Genetic

Genetic Morg Than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    QFT

TFSource DO NOT NEED YOUR CONSENT, the terms and conditions are that they can withdraw products on offer at any time and they did that. I already posted about why, but the longer this thread goes on I think that you're convincing more people that they did in the right thing in telling you to go elsewhere.

Sorry but you keep shifting the goalposts. Don't make this a moral crusade when it's clearly about you seeking revenge.

They laughed in your face? Alleging that they sent the Ramjets to some kid, racism, cyberbullying. You really are a giant drama queen.

It's really funny how you lose out on $20 and you go all over the internet to slag off TFSource as racist cyberbullies but yet you're totally fine with ripping them off for $450 and think that's just. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Yes you did. Read the terms and conditions of their site. You agree to pay for the item allowing them to charge your card. They retain the right to refuse service so they have the right to refund. The endless nonsense you're spouting just increases with each post. Kid fixing toys, racism, cyberbullying and now crime. In a minute you'll be telling us that they sexually assaulted your dog.

I have no doubt that you've had a real issue with them but you've embellished the truth so much now that if BBTS had any sense they'd blacklist you too.

Not really. Each time someone posts it is 1 person having a problem out of how many thousands of successful transactions? The problems people have had probably make up 0.001 of all of TFSource's sales. No one ever recalls TFSource being awesome like when they screwed up that guys MP Skywarp order so they refunded him in full and sent him one for free. Everyone loves bad news and gossip, it's why there's nothing positive in the press.

15. Oberon

Oberon Creator of Neo Cybertron

Any merchant isn't allowed BY LAW to touch a customer's credit card except for the purpose for which the credit card was provided and for the amount stated.

If their terms state that they are allowed to charge a customer's credit card, put the money into their bank accounts and then refuse to provide the service for which the authorization was originally given, then their terms are illegal as per the law of the United States and are against VISA's terms of service.

I will definitely check this out and, if true, I will forward this information to their merchant account provider so it can be immediately suspended.

Thank you for the information provided.

Like I said I gave them the opportunity to refund my fees that I incurred as a result of their actions and for no fault of mine. Their reaction was mocking me by congratulating for my purchase with BBTS. Had they refunded the fee, they wouldn't have lost their money nor would we be here talking about it. It was their choice. The bank saw the emails, decided they were wrong and said they will reverse the transaction. I reported them because they didn't agree to an amicable solution. Whatever consequence there was to my report is a result of their outrageous behavior and not my fault in the least.

16. MartyFeeb

MartyFeeb Wait... it's a bug?!

News Credits:
    These are valid complaints and valid warnings. Whether or not you choose to listen or care is optional. Whether or not they apply to you, also debatable.

HOWEVER, I always "appreciate" other members being total DOUCHEBAGS about TFW members' plights. DON'T laugh at others or call them drama queens. If you're too sensitive to complaints, STOP READING AND MOVE ON.

I don't get the purpose of bullying the OP out of his frustration. To defend TFSource? Really? To make yourself feel better by putting the OP down? Seriously, don't attack other members or make them feel insignificant. If you REALLY want to make someone insignificant, be a real person and just IGNORE.

God forbid you offer some constructive criticism or advice.

Sorry for your troubles, OP. Shop elsewhere and IGNORE the douchery you are reading here! :thumb 

17. Oberon

Oberon Creator of Neo Cybertron

Thanks Marty :) 

Don't worry. I don't feel down at all. To answer your questions - maybe I am being a bit paranoid here, who knows? - I think that the purpose of the insults that TFSource's friends are directing at me are meant to make me go nuts and get mad at them so they have a valid reason to ask that I get banned.

I am not falling in that trap though, I am afraid.

18. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Haha funny....

19. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Is this guy overreacting? Maybe, but TFsource was in the wrong here and this guy has every right to express how they dicked him. They could have, and should have, just made their fuck up right. They should have canceled the order at the time it was placed if they weren't going to follow through, and at the very least, refunded the transaction fee after they decided to wait 4 months to cancel it. I'd be pissed to... That people are defending TFsource for being dicks here is kinda surprising. This dude is just lucky the Ramjet supply didn't already dry up while TFsource was sitting on their thumb.

20. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    What you don't seem to understand is, by using the card, you yourself are agreeing to the terms and conditions provided to you when the card itself was issued to you. You should go and read that. If not, ask your card issuer to send you a copy of it. Honestly, I think you're being overly sensitive and misconstruing their reply to you. I get it, you're upset over this. But every post you make, you're making yourself out as grasping at straws any which way you can to vilify someone. You've clearly described multiple times a foreign transaction fee, not a currency conversion fee. Again, there is a difference between the two, and you're not even trying to acknowledge that. What you also don't seem to understand is, typically, merchants are charged a processing fee for credit card transactions. So when you pay with your credit card, guess what? TFSource got charged a fee for that transaction.

https://www.merchantmaverick.com/the-complete-guide-to-credit-card-processing-rates-and-fees/

The only valid complaint I've seen him make is the fact that TFSource messed up by not handling the transaction in a timely manner. Other than that, he's making baseless accusations without any viable proof, and he's also clearly shown he does not understand how foreign credit card transactions work. And then he's just going off as if TFSource is the "source" of all evil, calling TFW out to join him on some crusade to never shop at TFSource at all or ever again. Overly embellishing things isn't what I would consider a "valid" warning of any kind.

How do we know TFSource was being a dick other than what the OP said? This is all one sided, and we don't know if his accusations are even accurate. As I'm reading his posts, there's a lot of confusion it seems on his end as to what actually happens in a credit card transaction, and he's not really trying to understand it or acknowledge it. It's obvious that there's a bias going on with his posts, and some people are eating it up as if his posts are absolute truth.

The one thing I do agree with is that TFSource should have handled this in a timely manner and not make him wait 4 months. As for the fees, I've already been a broken record about that.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.