Beware of TFSource.com Choose Big Bad Toystore instead! You won't believe my story!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Oberon, Jul 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oberon

Oberon Creator of Neo Cybertron

The bank did nothing wrong. TFSource kept taking money from my account and putting it back in WITHOUT MY CONSENT (and they have been reported to the bank and their merchant account provider).

The bank charged a legitimate fee based on THEIR (TFSource) actions. They already said that the fee (along with the whole transaction) will be cancelled and TFSource fined accordingly. I just talked to the clerk who is handling my complaint and they verified that it's TFSource's fault.

My bank charges a currency conversion fee for all transactions I make in USD or JPY. For example they charged the fee when I bought Laserwave from HLJ and Ramjet from BBTS. Had TFSource issued an actual REFUND to the transaction, the bank would have refunded me that fee too, instead they initiated a second separate transaction to return my money (which, again, I did not ask for - they took the money and simply decided to return it based on prejudice) which forced the bank not only to not refund me the original fee but also to charge me a second one!

I only want to warn others who may be from places like Portugal, Greece, Italy or Spain all having much worse credit ratings than Malta that what happened to me may also happen to them. I don't think these people should be allowed to continue doing these shady business practices and taking advantage of genuine customers just because of their geographical location. Why should this be considered irrational?

2. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

So why did they charge you if TFsource is at fault? Have them charge TFsource directly. What does this have to do with you? How does that help you stay with your bank? And please don't argue for the bank. That does not help you in any way.

This is what I mean by this BS is between TFsource and your bank.

3. Oberon

They said they are going to charge TFSource and not just €15,77 but $415+$30 chargeback fee. They cannot just make a partial chargeback. I did email TFSource and told them that if they refunded me the fee I paid because of their mistake I would not take any action against them (including making the whole incident public) but they laughed at my face telling me that "the bank clerk is wrong" and that they were happy I got Ramjet from BBTS so I don't feel guilty at all that they will lose all that money. Like I said I will donate all of it to charity including the €15,77. They just asked for it. The bank confirmed that the money will be in my account within a week. This is not for the money but because I want to stand against any and all forms of cyberbullying.

4. seali_me

Did you call the bank again?

Again that clerk didn't really explain why you as a consumer should pay for a fee.

TFsource charged fines or not. It doesn't matter. We both don't care about that. Why are you charged a fee?

I hope you get the point of me badgering you why. Do the same to your bank. First one to cave is the loser. Play a video game or play with your TFs while you're doing it. First one to lose their cool loses money.

5. Oberon

Because my card in a European card in Euro and when I pay a merchant in USD or another foreign currency the bank charges a fee (3%). TFSource took the money and the money was deposited into their account. It was a normal transaction that in the yes of everyone was COMPLETED to the point that TFSource themselves sent me a shipping notification.

Then these people, out of the blue, decided to not ship the item after they left me hanging for 4 months and informed me that they didn't want my credit card payment because they believed (for no reason other than my location) I was a fraud. Instead of issuing a refund for this FIRST transaction, they initiated a second one to return my money. Again the bank charged a second currency conversion fee to convert the USD into Euro.

Had they issued a refund on the FIRST transaction the bank would have returned the original fee and not charge a second one. I hope it's clear now. :) 

6. seali_me

The money was returned to your account why should they still charge you that exchange fee?

You get my point? That's a policy for the bank to earn money when a transaction is made. the transaction failed between your bank and TFsource. Not you. Did a transaction transpire between you the bank and TFsource? If it did we would not be here. They have the audacity to still charge you?

The bank already made money from TFsource by charging them a fee. Why should you continue to patron a bank who makes money off of you when no transaction was made?

This is also what I mean by playing their game.

7. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    I agree. If the bank is the one charging the fee (as the OP stated himself), then it is the bank who's charging and collecting the fee for a service performed in that transaction. Why the OP is accusing TFSource of stealing his money is beyond me when it is his own bank that's charging him the fee that he's so upset about. Again, that's something he's stated himself. I'm beginning to see a lot of misplaced blame here based upon the OP's emotional state on how he feels TFSource treated him. All he wants to do is vilify TFSource for everything that's going on even if it wasn't their fault (but he sure wants to make it seem so). I don't particularly agree with it, but I can understand it though.

8. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    There's... A lot going on in this thread. But I will say one thing that struck me, and that's that if I ran a store and due to fraud risk from some geographic regions I decided I couldn't take credit card orders from those areas; I wouldn't set the site to accept credit card orders from those areas. And if I couldn't get my store software to do that, I'd at least check for such orders daily/weekly and cancel them early (while offering alternatives).

9. Oberon

So Dark Seeker, if a robber goes into a room armed with a gun, a policemen shoots the robber and hits a passerby, the policeman should go to jail and the robber is innocent, right?

It's the same thing: TFSource did a mess, the bank charged a legitimate fee as a result of this mess but TFSource is innocent and the bank is to blame.

Can you see how out of this world this argument is??? Cheers...

And if someone you don't even know gets hold of your credit card and charges €1,000,000 to it - which would result in most banks charging a fee of at least $20,000 (for currency conversion costs), then this person refunds your €1M using the wrong protocol and as a result of that you still have a negative balance of $20,000 for the fee - I suppose you would be OK with that, right? And you would say that the stranger did nothing wrong? Messing with people's credit cards without their consent is A CRIME. I never gave permission to TFSource to do what they did (putting money in and money out of my account). I only consented to pay them money for a toy - a service which they REFUSED to provide so they didn't have a right to even TOUCH my credit card.

TFSource must be stopped! No matter the cost. [Time to play "The Touch"]

10. seali_me

He didn't get his toy after waiting so long.

TFsource, according to the OP kept his money for during that time frame(?).

No one here would like that.

But that fee. That can easily be reversed. Play their game while you play one during the conversation.

No one's okay with that fee the bank is charging but it seems that you're arguing for them since you've accept what was told to you as fact.

Wrong. that policy is for the bank to reap money out of your account without you benefiting from what it's suppose to give you as service in return.

I wish I could call your bank for you. I'd get that fee back and make more money out of that call. That's clearly a clerical error.

11. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This thread is quickly reaching critical mass. :lol 
    So now we're bringing it down to the level of gun toting cops and robbers hypotheticals? Can Godwin's Law be far behind?
    In your imaginary cops and robbers story where is BBTS?

12. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    What's that old saying about attracting more flies with honey than vinegar?

13. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Except when it attracts bears instead.

14. Oberon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaphor

Seral Mi, no they did not keep the money for four months. I provided my card and billing address when doing the preorder but the card was only charged when the item became available (four months later). They kept the money for 2-3 days, sent me a shipping notification and then decided to cancel the transaction.

But during those four months, I was told that I was "guaranteed" to get my Ramjet figure with no indication of what would eventually happen. Had I not found one on BBTS, I would have had to go to eBay and we know what the eBay prices for RJ are NOW.

15. seali_me

Call your bank. Hopefully, you get someone else who understands the situation.

There's quite a few people in customer service who have chimed in on this even one who works for a bank.

16. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
  17. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're mistaken.
    "His hair was black as midnight" is a metaphor.
    "All the world is a stage" is a metaphor.
    A metaphor is a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.
    "Cop shoots someone" is not a metaphor.

18. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    No. Your example is "out of this world," and makes absolutely no sense at all with regard to what you're trying to say.

First of all, what you've described all along falls in between either a foreign transaction fee and a currency conversion fee. Both are different, but are easily confused as one or another. Since you stated it was the bank that charged you, that's more in line with a foreign transaction fee, as a currency conversion fee is charged by the merchant. This is an issue you have to take up with the bank, not TFSource. TFSource did not charge you the fee (according to what you've stated several times). Your bank did. They're the ones that can waive the fee even if TFSource didn't "process" the refund "correctly." Granted, I don't know if English is your first language, so I'd be willing to give a benefit of a doubt here, but you keep repeating the same thing even after I've stated there's a difference between a currency conversion fee and a foreign transaction fee. I have to think you're blaming the wrong person/entity for these fees, but you refuse to accept it because you're just too mad at TFSource for their poor handling of the situation.

I'm sorry, but with the way you've been embellishing your story, I can't help but to feel like we're being trolled here somewhat. So with that said, I'm just gonna wish you luck in getting a satisfactory resolution.

19. seali_me

Never said TFsource is innocent. It kept your money for 3 days then refund you back. Why TFsource did that is beyond me and is a sign of incompetence. Any bank or institution would charge it for interest (for a mistake) which I think they did.

Then in turn the bank double dips and charges you as well. You're defending the wrong company.

You shouldn't defend these companies unless you're paid to do so.

20. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Ooh. But who doesn't like a big hairy bear? I know I do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.