Beware of TFSource.com Choose Big Bad Toystore instead! You won't believe my story!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Oberon, Jul 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

this reminds me of my time in the 3P forums. Endless lines of posts defending companies.

Are you serious? None of those companies would defend any of you. Companies just want your money. That's it. They don't care. Same with CC companies.

And again this fight is between both not the consumers fighting over whichever dog they picked.

I find the mentioned mentality quite disturbing.

2. Chrisola

Chrisola Solid crotch ratchet

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A UK retailer asked customers to return their mis-assembled Ramjets back, sent them back to TT, who then replaced them. Check TFS-Express Facebook for evidence.

TFS-Express also inspected the next batch they received to see if all was fine...this is evidenced in their for sale listing on their site.

So....who is to say TFsource didn't have the same resolution to the problem? Not saying Takara fixed them all, but there is a precedent here for them being sent back and replaced, and TFS-Express is likely not a small company volume wise, being one of 3 UK retailers.

Attached Files:

3. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

They say all the boxes have been opened to check for the issue...basically like all the vendors did once they figured out the situation.

TFS-Express wrote:
    All boxes have been opened to check for the shoulder assemble issue from the factory. Our stock is the corrected version from their later batches.

And TFS-Express may have sent back defective product, but they didn't say there was a recall and they sent ALL the product back as TFSource claimed. I dunno, I don't have a problem with TFsource making sure they're sending out properly assemble figures...most places ended up doing this. What I don't get is why they lie about the details around it.

4. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not that I ever buy from TFSource, but thanks for the warning.

5. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Veteran

News Credits:
    I may be misinterpreting your post, but you're making it sound like since it was easier to just speculate and run with it, that's what you did as opposed to just asking them and seeing what their response was.

Well, recall may have been the wrong wording they chose to use because:

Fair enough. I know BBTS put a disclaimer under their product page about this issue. Since I don't have a Facebook account, has anyone asked them to clarify this? Or better yet, let me send them an e-mail. In fact, I'll respond to Curt directly from that e-mail in question. Let's see if I get a response.

6. Oberon

Oberon Creator of Neo Cybertron

Dark Seeker, like I said, the rep I talked to may have very well not been informed about the whole deal (I am sure it's all a lie but anything is possible after all - in the crazy world we live in...lol).

I am sure many of you are in contact with people from TFSource. Why don't they just provide the name or email of a contact person at Takara, TT Mall or Hasbro Asia so that an independent party can verify their claims with this person? Is that such an unreasonable request?

7. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    One reason why is because it's probably deemed company proprietary info if not having something to do with privacy and stuff. Asking them for that info is like asking for contact info within the company you work for or any info on any associates of the company. Privacy laws may be violated if such things were to occur. I'm sure if you do search engine optimization, you do work for some entity/company? I'd also venture a guess that you guys in Malta also have to adhere to privacy and data laws in terms of what information you're allowed to hand out and what information any third party (all of us basically in this situation) are not privy to and have no need, personal or business wise, to know. I've heard of people getting fired for disclosing such info. I know that doesn't help the conversation we're having, but I'm sure you understand the restrictions.

At any rate, I'm going to wait for a reply from TFSource/Curt.

8. Oberon

Proprietary info is info on suppliers, vendors, accountants etc. There is no way on Earth you can call the email of a Takara representative "proprietary info".

They themselves stated a number of times that they sent the product back to Takara. An e-mail confirmation from a company we all know about regarding information which they made public themselves is in no way proprietary info.

So let's recap: 1. No other vendor knows about this recall. 2. A Takara company rep said he knows nothing about the recall 3. TFSource don't want to have another Takara rep confirm it (because it's...uhm...proprietary info) and 4. I have to prove that they are not telling the truth and we just have to take their word for granted.

I hope your friend Curt chimes in to talk to me and answer my claims on the recall, on the way I've been treated (and their claim that they treat like this ALL international customers automatically) as well as the "discounted shipping" scam. If a company is honest and has nothing to hide, there is no reason for them to not come here and answer! :) 

The only bad thing I did was sending the (well-deserved) picture of Optimus Prime showing his middle finger (one reason why MP1 and MP5 are still my favorites - lol MP10 can't do it). Otherwise, my behavior and conduct as a customer have been perfect, honest and flawless. I only flipped out when they screwed my order and I got debited fees to my account because of their unprofessional and irresponsible actions.

It's pretty simple: if they didn't want to take my credit card for whatever reason, they should have just refused it in the first place. Once they accepted the order, left me waiting four months and took the money they should have acted as responsible merchants and take whatever risk they felt there was, not reverse everything and put all fees on me.

9. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Everybody at some point is going to have an issue (no matter how small) with any given retailer. It doesn't really matter if it's domestic or international, whenever you order something online, you are taking a risk. That risk does increase when you buy internationally. As much as it sucks, you do run the risk of losing money, the items or both.

I'm sure every single one of us has had an issue with a retailer at some point in time. On the flipside, not everyone has had issues with the retailers others may have.

Personally, I've had more issues with the USPS than all the retailers I buy from, combined. If the issue cannot be resolved then you cut your losses and move on. Again, yes it sucks, but fixating on it for a prolonged period of time with no chance at a resolution is not worth the added stress. Just take it as a sucktacular life lesson and buy from someplace else.

I'm thankful that I haven't had any real issues with any of the places I buy from nationally and internationally (HLJ, AE, TCP, CP, BBTS and yes, TFS). I may not care for how BBTS chooses to answer general questions, but I understand that's how they choose to do things. I don't like that I can't prepay for preorders on HLJ, but that's their policy and I respect that.

I've also had very good experiences with various retailers, especially when an unforseen issue arises. They went above and beyond to work through the issue with me.

I do hope you can get your issue resolved with your bank and TFS, but if it cannot be resolved, do not dwell on it longer than you have to. If it comes to it, cut your losses and buy from other retailers. It's not worth the stress or ruining your joy of collecting. :) 

10. Oberon

This has nothing to do with money. I bought AFA MISB G1 movie Targetmasters for over $1000 EACH. $18 is NOTHING to me.

These people have bullied me. I was bullied as a kid for years and years and growing up I made a resolution to not let anyone bully me. These people are not going to be an exception.

I have nothing against them. I understand they are merchants doing their job but their behavior was inexcusable. If I let them run away with it, they will do it to more people and I would be responsible too.

If the bank returns my money, which according to the clerk is highly likely they will, they will refund the full amount of the transaction which is $415 as "partial chargebacks" are not possible. I will definitely give all that money to charity as I don't want to keep anything that isn't mine.

11. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    I don't get it. You think TFSource can just give you or anyone else the contact info of any Takara rep? Are you in the habit of giving out contact information without gaining the consent/permission of said individual first? Because if you are, I'm fairly certain you are violating some kind of privacy law. And you expect others to do the same? Sheesh! And where did you get #3 from? Who said TFSource didn't want to have "another Takara rep" confirm anything? Can you at least stop speculating, because it really is not helping you at all.

Also, with the way you're justifying your behavior; one moment saying you did a bad thing, the next praising your own bad behavior, I'm not even sure I want to bother anymore. All this drama over a toy. As far as the fee you got charged was concerned, are you sure it was a currency conversion fee and not a foreign transaction fee? I only ask this because I've used my credit card on purchases made to overseas sellers and there wasn't a "currency conversion fee," but there was a foreign transaction fee. And if that's the case, that is something you should take up with the card issuer, not TFSource as it is the card issuer that charges you the foreign transaction fee.

12. seali_me

Ah. It's personal.

Watch the Godfather and learn real lessons in life.

13. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This ^

I used to order through BBTS. Then they did something bad that ticked me off. Now I order through TFsource. And will continue to until TFsource does something too bad to forgive and then I'll move on to another online retailer. It's the circle of e-life.

I think this whole thing of "BBTS is better then TFsource" is based on a pretty weak argument that basically boils down to "BBTS hasn't screwed up yet"

14. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Exactly. I've been using BBTS since 1999. I know they're just as capable as fucking shit up as anyone.

15. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    So TFsource bullied you? I guess you got bullied in school and now TFsource is back to torment you? And you sent a picture of MP-01 flipping the bird to customer service? Aside from that, your behavior as a customer was "flawless?" Your perspective is pretty skewed. Take a step back and remember they are toys.

Frankly if a customer did that to me, I wouldn't give them the light of day. Kudos to TFsource if they do make it right. Not saying they handled it all well on their end, but jeez.

16. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Pretty sure that many of us were bullied in school, it's up to you whether you let that affect your views of others. As for that whole 'racism' accusation, it's not racism. If what you claim indeed did happen, that's discrimination.

You also say it's not about the money, but it's just as much about that money as it is principle. You claimed that money was stole from you and how you contacted TFS and the bank. All I said was that I hope you get back the money you claimed was taken from you. I was trying to be supportive. My entire point was, if a resolution isn't possible, don't dwell on it and invite more stress. That's all I was saying.

Now as someone who works in customer service, I can honestly say that if a customer responded to me the way you are coming across to others in here, I'd be hesitant to help you. If you sent me a picture of a Transformer (or anything else) flipping the bird, I would cease to help you as well. I can understand that you were upset, and rightfully so. However, you have to realize that the people trying to help you are also humans with feelings as well. Those in customer service will only appease so much negative feedback before they refuse to help at all.

That being said, if TFS truly did respond the way you claim they did prior to the middle finger pic, then that is atrocious customer service.

There are two sides to every story, with the truth laying somewhere in between. I'm more apt to believe this is the case in this situation.

I do wish you well and hope you reach a resolution to all of this that makes you happy.:) 

17. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Aight so.

GoT jokes aside, I know how it is when a retailer is called out. I had a different experience with Billystoysandgames when I first signed up here. I was called out like you were and my topic was locked.

tl'dr I paid for an item that was in stock, never shipped, got dud tracking, no communication. Finally arrived 6 months later. Few months later others complained about the same thing, and the store was removed as sponsor and then it was shut down as everyone realized they were a scammer. Similar thing for BeyondMortalityToys.

Best thing to do is provide screenshots of your correspondence. You can edit out your info, like order # / email / address / card info / bank info. Then we can see for a fact and move from there.

18. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    i myself havent had a issue with them, when i had to contact over a simple issue, 3rd party starscream crown being broken in package they sent the crown out to me all the way in new zealand for free, though bbts has done this for me to, i am greatfull for when that happens as i know how much shipping is.

I think everyone has diffrent expernces with companys i myself have brought loads of toys from bbts and the shipping time has always been around 1/4 days for package to leave and 6/ 12 days for the package to get here :D 

19. Fenrir Zero

Fenrir Zero Permanently Retired (1984-2020)

How about this for a story?

Oberon was the name used by Sugou Nobuyuki after he created ALfheim Online, as seen in Sword Art Online's Fairy Dance arc. His purpose of the name coincides with the fact he was also creating a mind control program that would have made him be a god. He also kept Asuna locked up, dubbed her "Titania", and was hoping she still being in a coma would have her parents adopt them into the family.

His main purpose for all of this was to get revenge on the same family, as he felt that they had wronged him. In a similar manner you are entailing.

Which leads to you...

From my understanding, you had placed an order for said item. This item was reported to be a TakaraTomy Mall exclusive. However, TFsource was unable to meet its orders and had to find an alternative means of ordering this piece. Which meant that their stock was coming for, lets say, their shared branch in Hong Kong. An additional store (or stores) that they have done business with had enough extras to cover their orders.

However, citing this as the solution to their troubles might have not bode as well for many buyers. Because there are those who do not like this idea, since it means theirs might be tied to Hasbro Asia, etc. Which leads to the QC issue, which also meant that they sent their supplies to that branch and not the one in Japan. And this leads to TOMY not having a clue about this right away, or had any reports that are tied to their actual markets.

Meanwhile... Your patience wears thin, and you decide not to be patient anymore. This leads to them trying to cope with your issues, while noting their (still being tweaked since the last time I talked to them about this) policies. You don't like it, and demand all of this stuff. They cannot because of processing fees, and other factors you would oppose despite them giving you a refund is costly. Which has you choose to come here, skip the introduction, verbally attack a company that you refused to be both civil and resolve these issues with, and try defending yourself while playing the role of the victim.

Oh, and racism is bigotry aimed at your race, not your actions. For them to be racist, they would have to know what race you are before deciding if they will do business with you. However, in your case, they obviously had past issues with your region to the point you became the victim of what they had faced in the past. Which is not racism, but rather you being the victim of being in the wrong area.

Which has me conclude by pointing out your only two options:

1) Do not trash talk one specialty store while praising another. This will make your actions look suspicious, and will help make the store you are trying to praise develop a bad reputation.

2) Always contact any specialty store you hope to do business with. Knowing both what you need to know and how they respond will help you decide what businesses fit your collecting needs/styles.

Beyond that... Always blame Hasbro. The rule of thumb is that if the issue is Transformers related, and Michael Bay did not direct it, then it must be Hasbro's fault.

20. seali_me

Feels like I'm watching Sherlock Holmes. Where's your buddy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.