Beware of TFSource.com Choose Big Bad Toystore instead! You won't believe my story!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Oberon, Jul 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    It's hilarious that some of you think that this guy is making this stuff up to help BBTS.

Like this is BBTS's way of advertising; that's just stupid thinking.

2. lebowski

lebowski The Dude abides

3. Oberon

Oberon Creator of Neo Cybertron

I am not surprised. The impression I got from them is that they are a bunch of kids who don't know what they are doing. Even when cancelling my order a person who signs herself "Janet" told me straight and plain "we're glad that you have chosen our platform but based on your geographical location we feel that this transaction is risky because we had a lot of fraud lately." LOL that's not how you tell a customer you want to cancel their order. Something like:

"Dear Arthur,

thank you for choosing our store for your Transformers needs. We regret to inform you that our financial service provider has flagged the transaction as they were unable to verify your data successfully. This is a decision that we have no control over. We are giving this issue top priority so you may have your funds back as soon as possible. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused and, once you get your refund, we would be pleased to sell you the item through another payment method if you still want to purchase it."

LOL That's how a professional CS rep deals with situations like these, Janet. You don't tell people you believe "they are a fraud"! And before anyone says my good CS skills are evidence I work for BBTS - I already said I work as a CS in SEO but definitely not for BBTS.

4. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Here are some simple facts for people who have to always defend those perfectly capable of defending themselves (usually before the issue even arose - by not doing the accused negatives):

-BBTS would never and has no reason to have anyone post anything remotely like this. They do way bigger numbers than TFSource anyway and their reputation is as good as you can get for a retailer. End of story.

-TFSource has made several bad and unprofessional business decisions over the last few years. You may like them, have never had any issues, etc, but there have been numerous publicly vetted issues. That does not go away just because you like them personally.

-The Ramjet issues are one of said public issues. His complaint aligns with said issue. Therefore it is pretty logical his complaint is truthful.

-People who are angry have the energy to do things they wouldn't normally do - like post on TFW. Hence he may not have posted before, but that actually lends credence to his complaint again, because it isn't that unusual. Human nature, you know.

I'm sad to hear about this experience. I have had some strange experiences with them myself. I am still willing to shop there, but it definitely isn't my go to.

Buyer beware.

5. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Any chance you can clarify and expand on what these are? I've used TFS without hesitation in the past occasionally when other retailers didn't have what I was looking for, so I'm curious to know.

6. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Veteran

News Credits:
    No, I read your post. What you stated was that you speculated on what actually happened based on a reply from Takara. That's still not any proof to really go off of. But if you or anyone else want to believe wholehartedly that it's some kind of "smoking gun," then ok. As for the card/shipping, what you got from them was an automated reply that everyone gets after they submit an order. Did they not handle your order properly? Yes, based on what you said it would appear they handled it poorly. I'm not refuting that at all. 4 months is a long time to wait. If they were going to make that decision not to go through with the order based on your location, it should have been made known to you much sooner. I still maintain that it's not a racist reason, but rather a business decision that they should have gotten back to you in a timely manner. That's all.

Actually, I've had several bad experiences with BBTS, but I never post them. Why? What for? What good would it do other than to make me seem like I'm on some crusade to get everyone to stop shopping with them? I'm sure some will see it that way as these kinds of threads have a habit of turning into such things. Am I saying one shouldn't complain? No. I'm just saying I personally don't really feel it worth it. People are still going to shop with them primarily because those poor experiences haven't happened to them (yet). That, is actually the fact here. Rather, I choose to limit how much business I do with BBTS because of poor experiences. Especially after witnessing how they treated a really good friend of mine on some QC complaints on stuff he purchased from them. They basically gave him the run around and told him not to buy figures anymore. And some of the stuff he got, like chrome chipping right from out of the box, paint apps all messed up, loose joints (floppiness), and other QC problems I'm sure you would all complain about (unless you like settling for paying such high prices for Chinatown KO special type quality). Yeah, BBTS told him not to buy figures anymore. And yet....he was always annoyed that the same figures I got didn't have those QC issues. But I purchased them elsewhere.

In short, with almost every retailer, you'll have a lot of praise, and some complaints. Will everyone post about it? Unfortunately no. As far as his accusation (because that's what it is) being "truthful," it might. But I'm not one to just take one's word for it so lightly especially if you're practically calling someone a "liar." For me, questioning or putting someone's integrity into question is a big deal. Especially since they're a site sponsor.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  7. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Regarding Takara's comments, I think it's important to keep in mind that any store other than TT Mall is buying this figure as a customer, as if they were an individual person, and then reselling it to you. When Takara states that they don't have a business arrangement with any other retailer regarding the figure, that's absolutely right. Now, suppose for a moment that TT Mall accepts returns and will make corrections to the figure. If a reseller like TF Source wanted to take advantage of that, they'd have to go through the return and repair process like a normal person, just the same as how they ordered it in the first place (and with so many orders, it could sure explain why it took so long). So when TT says they don't have an arrangement to fix the figures for another store, that's still 100% correct from their perspective. Their reply seems to emphasize that they don't sell through any other store, not that they aren't fixing the product.

So nothing's proven either way at this point, because we're asking the wrong question. If we want to find out whether TF Source's claims are on the level, we would need to ask TT Mall whether they will make repairs for TT Mall customers, not whether they have an arrangement with TF Source.

8. Chrisola

Chrisola Solid crotch ratchet

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I used TFSource once, I'm based in the UK, paid by credit card, and had no issues. I've only used them this once, and only made a single transaction that was not cancelled. This was earlier this year.

One of the items was miss-assembled and they sent me out a correct part within a few days at no cost to me (as in, it arrived with me in the UK pretty fast)...so customer service was good.

If you pre-ordered and paid up front, then any transactional issues should have been flagged there and then, not when the item was actually ready to ship.

That is just very bad all around if that's what happened.

I've worked in customer services at a major financial institution for a long time, and sometimes, both parties need to take a step back, reflect and then try again...and as a customer, don't be afraid to escalate past the 'first line service' if you feel you haven't had a fair outcome or service...I've seen hundreds of complaints come through where someone had guessed a senior leaders email address and wrote to them directly.

I would suggest putting together a letter \ email of complaint that apologizes for any 'bad behavior' from your side so far, calmly and factually outlines what went wrong for you, the costs you have incurred, and what you would like as a resolution.

Then, send it off to customer services, and if you can find it, a more senior contact.

This is something people do all the time....if you do a bit of research and find the director of sales on LinkedIn, and you know the format of the emails from the company you want to contact, it's not too difficult to guess at a few email address variations and see what happens, that will probably take you less time that what you've spent so far!

Should you have to do this? No, the first line should be good enough, and it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

I had a customer service issue with a ltd edition comic book i purchased direct from the publisher - it never arrived and the company never replied to my emails over 3 months, despite having an active presence on Twitter, Facebook and their own website. Frustrated, 20 mins of Google later, I had tracked down the books editor, so I sent him a very polite email asking if he knew of any problems with the publisher and outlined my situation.

He replied straight away, saying there had been some behind the scenes problems and to contact the publishers CEO and gave me his email address (the only contact he had). I didn't get a response, but 3 weeks later the book arrived.

So...do not stalk these people, but if you can, fire off an email and hope they pick it up :) 

9. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

This.

But again, that pic with the MP bot giving the finger.

These are people you deal with not garbage.

10. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

What are you questioning? That it was "a kid" or that they didn't send them back to Takara? Because I coulda told you when they made the claim that they sent them all back to Takara that it was bullshit. I did say it was bullshit in the Ramjet thread when it was first posted, and that they were doing it themselves...which is fine, but why lie about it?

11. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    You can read flamepanther's post up above for reference because he said it better than I could have. And if you're saying they did it themselves, again, where's the proof? That's all I'm asking for. Right now, stating that you think they did it themselves, or if you wanna say you "know" they did it themselves is nothing more than just words. Without proof that they lied, I can't expect anyone to really believe it. Myself included.

12. Oberon

The pic of the bot giving the middle finger may have been "nasty", OK but it's just a pic, in the end. How about the way I was treated? I agree people are not garbage myself included!

Dark Seeker, let's assume the rep who answered my email was misinformed or assume that I am a liar if you want to.

Still:

- Japanese companies especially big ones like Takara don't like to do special arrangements with small stores overseas.

- How is it that a larger store like BBTS doesn't have a similar arrangement?

- if TFSource has this special relation with Takara how is it that BBTS have no order limit on Thrust where as TFSource is limited to one figure per customer???

- Would it not make more sense for Takara to have a special arrangement with the other bigger store that has a limitless supply of Thrust figures rather than the smaller shop that has an extremely limited supply?

- if TFSource have such a special unique relation with Takara, why haven't they secured more Thrust figures so they could accommodate their customers?

The logical conclusion - even if the rep and I are liars which is NOT the case - is that they didn't tell the truth.

When logic is against them, it's up to them to prove it wrong not viceversa. All they have to do is provide evidence that they shipped the Ramjets back to Takara.

13. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Yes, they have. More then once as well.

As was mine, despite dozens of posters trying either to say, "Well, that could happen to anyone" and "Are you sure it's TFSource and not PSN or some other company." Even though I repeatedly stated that it was a brand new card that had been used for one online transaction, the same purchase that dozens of others had the same thing happen to, that Paypal, Amazon, BBTS, and others didn't even have in their system as it was so new.

Yet, there were people denying it, defending TFSource and after 15 days I finally got a reply to my inquiry apologizing for my dissatisfaction. That was the first and last time I did business with them.

And those stories aren't that uncommon over the years here. Even in the local sightings forum, when there's a good deal at TFSource, there's several people who remind the rest of the local users not to use cards there, debit or credit.

Oberon, you probably could've approached this with more tact, but yeah, outlining that they didn't give you a refund but a credit is something you should stay on them about.

14. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Where's your proof this guy is lying?

TFsource claimed there was a recall that no other vendor heard about, and yes, more than one vendor was asked if there was a recall and all responded none that they had heard of. And this guy says he emailed Takara and their response was that there wasn't. But let's question his word that lines up with what other vendors were saying and believe TFsource, despite their sketchy track record.

15. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    To you, it was just a pic. To the recipient, it wasn't. Can I send you a pic of someone throwing up a middle finger after we get into a disagreement about something, and you feel ok about it? Or would you feel I'm trying to say something "not nice" there? I think the answer would be obvious. How you were treated in the order was wrong. What you did in reply was also wrong. I'm sure you know that two wrongs do not make a right. I get it though, you want vindication for the wrong you felt was done unto you. Anyone in your position would want the same.

As far as the rest of your post, I don't think that rep thought you were a liar. I believe the rep probably just took at face value, your question and answered it as he/she felt necessary or appropriate. I'll quote flampanther's before it gets ignored even more:

And why would I need to provide proof that the OP is lying when all I'm asking for is proof of his accusations? That's all that is being asked of. Where in any of that does it say that I'm saying he's lying? There wasn't any. All that you've posted is still considered speculation. Circumstantial evidence even. It doesn't prove that TFSource lied nor does it prove they hired some "kid" nor does it prove they fixed the issues themselves in-house. But like I said, if he can provide that proof, then even I would have a bone to pick with TFSource. Such would be the same if you could provide proof instead of speculation. So instead of misinterpreting my posts, and reading into it something that isn't even there, why not provide the proof so that there can't be any skepticism?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  16. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Do you actually think TFsource sent a few hundred figs back to TT and they fixed them then sent them back to TFsource...and they were the only ones TT did this for? I guess I need proof that this actually happened, because it sounds like a load of BS to me. Plus, TFsource called it a recall...in which case other retailers would have been aware of this happening, yet none were.

17. Oberon

Well said. Precisely my point. Their claim doesn't make sense so it's up to them to prove that something that doesn't make sense is indeed true not the other way round. And it's so easy to do: just show us a postal receipt. Problem solved.

Proving something to be untrue is way more complicated than the other way round.

18. byk500

byk500 Well-Known Member

Hilarious!

19. Shiro1

Shiro1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have no dog in this debate but I am a bit puzzled why everyone here is acting like TFS got their stock through TTMall. Maybe I'm missing something, but didn't international retailers (international meaning outside of Japan) get their stock from Hasbro Asia? If the OP e-mailed Takara directly, I'd imagine they would have no idea of a recall since they aren't the ones that would have done it, Hasbro Asia would have. It also seems to me that the people that went through Tenso and did get theirs from TTMall didn't have the same shoulder issues that everyone else did, so it would stand to reason that TTMall (thus Takara) didn't need to do a recall. I'm not saying that Hasbro Asia did or didn't do a recall; I seriously doubt that they did. It is entirely possible though that TFS simply sent back their entire stock of their own volition to either get them fixed or replaced. I do know that whoever supplied U.S. retailers can be contacted since I requested replacement parts (through my retailer, not personally) for my Ramjet and though I haven't yet received them, I've been told they are on their way.

20. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I have ordered from TF Source a few times and never had any issues with them. Also BBTS doesn't offer the free shipping over 150 bucks either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.