Beware of TFSource.com Choose Big Bad Toystore instead! You won't believe my story!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Oberon, Jul 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Asking for evidence from a newly signed up member accusing a site sponsor of shady business practices instead of taking those claims at face value qualifies as trolling now?

2. RoDu

RoDu Well-Known Member

I wonder if the Takasa KOs on Ebay are modified

3. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
  4. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

Takasa Tony?

Did you just make that up? Pretty clever.

5. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    tfw2005 is such a nice friendly place sometimes :peoples: 

6. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    The Op is new, feels pissed off and may indeed be "guilty" of letting off a little too much steam all at once. There are plenty on here with a higher post count that have been pissed off by most Etailers we could name and vented similar stuff for similar valed reasons.

Give him a chance before slamming.

I've not had a problem with TFSource beyond them being painfully slow these days - usually weeks behind other retailers in what arrives and how long they take to ship - but I'm in the UK and didn't have any of this cancelled order BS at any point.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2016
  7. deathsheadII

News Credits:
    people are jumping on him because he's new , see it happen all the time on these boards

8. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    TFW is viewed from the outside by some as a cesspit full of vitriolic posters... and this thread kinda confirms it.

9. beardy

beardy Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

This.

10. deathsheadII

News Credits:
    yep sums it up

11. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    Nah, I'm with Nevermore. It seems shady that a new user would bad mouth one retailer while praising another one to the point where it's a pretty strong suggestion.

Had he came in here and expressed frustration with TFSource, I would have agreed, but the whole CHOOSE BIG BA DTOY STORE INSTEAD raises a red flag with me.

And that might not even been his intention which I thoroughly get and understand, but the way it comes across seems more like mudslinging but from a business standpoint.

It's all in the wording, really. I have my own issues with TFSource but I won't "strongly suggest" where to take your business otherwise unless you ask me my opinion.

12. Oberon

Oberon Creator of Neo Cybertron

Motorthing, I am Arthur from Malta. We know each other. I have been collecting since the early 00s and have stuff like MISB AFA Targetmaster Scourge and Cyclonus and the four Japanese dino tapes among almost a complete G1 collection. I think I bought something from you like ten years ago (or viceversa) - my memory is not that good, but I hope you remember me. :)  I am not a forum person and yes, I just signed up here and elsewhere because I am mad at the way I was treated. Does that make me a bad person?

To the others who sympathized thanks. Just for the record, BBTS did the same - they opened their Ramjets and fixed them themselves. The difference with TFSource is that the latter FALSELY claimed that the job was done by Takara when that is not the case since Takara denied having special arrangements to that regard with ANYONE other than Takaratomymall.com.

I don't see what good screengrabbing emails or bank statements can do. I could easily send an email to myself and lie, if I wanted to. My issue with them is not that they didn't want to send me the toy but that they accepted my order and billing address, left me waiting for 4 months (like many other people until they fixed all their Ramjets), charged my card, took the money, refused to ship for no valid reason and made an improper refund that caused me to pay additional charges.

Had they refused to sell me the item right away, I would have had no issue with that. I have a complete MP collection for the main characters and I was lucky I managed to find Ramjet from BBTS considering so much time had passed since his release (and also considering that he is an exclusive). Their behavior was outright DISGUSTING.

And just to be fair, I will admit they started mocking me after I sent them a picture of my MP01 showing them his middle finger... Yeah, maybe it wasn't the most professional thing to do but they are a bunch of criminals who deserve no better. I was charged €15,77 because of their decision not to ship the item AND the fact they issued a refund the wrong way. Had they issued a proper refund, at least I wouldn't have had to pay the fee. That still wouldn't have justified the way they treated me. These people are horrible human beings and totally unprofessional sellers.

And BTW they do advertise a "shipping discount" for INTERNATIONAL orders above $150. This discount was advertised in the emails they sent to me and it's a total fraud as the full shipping cost from BBTS was (a few cents) CHEAPER than their FAKE discounted shipping.

13. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Should I talk about the few times I've had shitty experiences with BBTS? No? Why? Cause shit happens. I think these companies try their best, and I don't think any of them have any nefarious intent. If you don't want to use TfSource, then don't. No need to get pissed and go on some childish tirade. Just don't deal with them anymore.

Honestly, my favorite place is ToyDojo. They have SUPERB customer service.

14. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I call it the MP madness, Takara has unleash their own version of the hate disease through their MP toys that turns people, especially TFWers, in raving know it alls and nitpicky assholes that scream at you for not starting their opinion on a toy.

Never in the decade plus years that I've been part of this comminuty has my ignore list ever been this big.

15. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    This is basically my take on the subject, it's all in the bizarre, buzzword littered wording, and, while I'm not an international customer, I do seem to vaguely remember hearing about that credit card policy in the past. I doubt it's "Racism" against Malta (What the the hell is there to be racist about? I know nothing about it!)

16. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    It's ok. I still love you. :lol 

17. Oberon

I am just grateful that they sent me the toy quickly and hassle free. Like I said, I actually use HLJ not BBTS because the prices from HLJ are actually cheaper than retail and I am not rich enough to pay premium prices. I actually don't understand why people in the EU buy their Japanese TFs from American stores at higher than retail cost. The reason I posted my experience with BBTS is to drive away customers from TFSource (which is the way I want to say thanks for the horrible and disgusting way they treated me).

I am not hiding my intentions. I posted my Facebook profile. I am not a BBTS affiliate, a Youtube reviewer or a BBTS owner. I have a toy collecting page on Facebook called The Great Rebellion Collector's Club with 15K likes where I posted multiple times that I recommend that people don't buy from stores like BBTS if they can get cheaper prices from other websites. In this case, my options were extremely limited due to the four months TFSource left me there hanging.

I will not stop until those thieves get what they deserve.

18. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Has it gotten worse in recent years? I ask because I haven't posted consistently since spring 2014.

19. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    No, it's about the same. I've been lurking on this site since 2003 it's not nearly as bad as it was back around 2008-2013. I think it's better. I'm sure there are others in this board that would disagree.

I suspect a few things are going to happen.

This thread will get closed.
    You'll get an infraction.
    You'll eventually get banned.

Just let this shit go. Wash your hands of the situation and move on.
    Really, that's all you can do. You've said your bit, now let it go. People are just busting your balls in here. Can you not see that?

Holy Moly. He's doing it over at Seibertron too. Yea, I think we need a mod in here.

20. Oberon

I see no reason why I should be banned. I posted legitimate feedback about an unscrupulous retailer. I am willing to provide a scanned copy of my bank statement to the admins if needed or even mail a physical copy from my bank outlining the charges I mentioned in this post.

Are you suggesting that the forum has a rule that people criticizing one of the sponsors are to be automatically banned? I haven't been rude to anyone in this thread. Yes, many people have been rude to me but it's not my fault how they choose to behave.

I admitted I am posting this on every Transformers forum (12 so far more to come this evening). I see no need to say "holy moly". That was already stated in the thread. We need a mod here? For which reason? I am not allowed to post on other forums?

I also filed a complaint with the better business bureau and initiated a chargeback with my bank to get the rest of my money back, for the record. I have talked to a lawyer friend about pressing charges too but because they are located in another country it seems pretty difficult to do so that may not be an option. He says though there may be a chance to file an international fraud report with their merchant through the EU legal system which would force them to stop selling in the EU altogether. It looks complicated but I will try that route too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.