Beware of TFSource.com Choose Big Bad Toystore instead! You won't believe my story!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Oberon, Jul 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motorthing

motorthing One of these days.........

News Credits:
    Tough crowd.

2. Oberon

Oberon Creator of Neo Cybertron

What's wrong with my "name" - you mean my nick? It's just Force Commander's horse from the Micronauts. I use it in most forums I post to. Or my real name? You can google it to find that I am a real person. If you have issues with the way it sounds or anything like that, I would recommend you to just try to move past the preschool mentality of mocking people because of the way their names sound.

I am angry because a US store stole money from me. It's irrelevant where I am located. I suppose you are in the US so if you were to buy a TF from Japan and they take away your money without sending you anything, would you be happy??? Would you feel it's "stupid" to complain because they are located in a different country? Please explain what you mean.

3. The13Primes

The13Primes hot shot fanatic

News Credits:
    You never mentioned your nationality?

4. Oberon

I live in Malta which is a country in WESTERN Europe member of the European Union with one of the lowest credit card fraud rates in the EU (way lower than Italy or Spain as an example).

It doesn't really matter - I have no issue with stores refusing to ship to me. Even if I lived in Afghanistan they shouldn't have accepted my order and CHARGED MY CARD and then refused me service after FOUR MONTHS which had me pay a €15,77 bank fee for NOTHING.

Also, in their last email where they made fun of me, they said this is the way they treat ALL their international customers (which I suppose would include people from Canada or the UK according to their own words), accept the order, charge their cards and return the money through a credit rather than a refund - which cause ANY bank to charge a currency conversion fee. I am sure it's a lie but that is what they claimed.

You being in Australia, I suppose you can enlighten me on whether it's a lie or not if you bought from them with a CC. Did they charge your card and then return the money refusing to ship to you???

5. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    It was a fairy king before it was a horse.

6. Brum Bot

Brum Bot You’re an idiot Starscream

News Credits:
    Very tough crowd.

Plus Malta is a lovely place and OP, my sympathies for your loss of time and money. Hope you get some kind of resolution.

7. Oberon

Thank you Brumbot. :)  It's not for the money - if I save at least one person from having to go through the ordeal I went through, it will be worth all my time.

8. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Some things...

Edit
    Yeah, @ amd098 The name 'Oberon' has been used before Game of Thrones y'know...

Also, Oberon, care to post the email where they made fun of you?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  9. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    He was also a character on Gargoyles!

10. The13Primes

The13Primes hot shot fanatic

News Credits:
    Malta is nice.

Anyway i would suggest showing the email to us so we can help you further.

11. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    If it's not a screen cap, then it's just text.

I don't see what anyone would have to gain by complaining about bad service from a retailer.
    I get good service from the local petrol station (no not that kind) but one time I got exceedingly bad service from them, that was borderline abusive.

Does all their previous "good" service excuse even one example of "bad" service, or give them the right ignore a customer? No way, but it does happen.

If it's true that a customer has asked for a refund on a product they didn't send, and then ignore a customer for 4 months (assuming that is true and accurate) then that is appalling customer service from ANY company and totally inexcusable.

I don't see how harassing or making fun of someone here on the forum is going to improve (a) the service of any online retailer (b) the quality of conversation and feedback on this forum.

I'm pretty disgusted reading the comments in here.

SHAME ON YOU ALL.

Grow the **** up.

Oberon - you need to write / email the customer service department of the store you purchased the item from. You need to make screen captures of your purchased and mail correspondence (or forward emails) and INSIST on getting a FULL refund and nothing less. No retailer has the right keep your money for a product they did not deliver or cancelled. It does't matter what BS policies they may insist they have. No business has the right to just take your money.

If they have a Facebook page, post on it every single day until they give you the full refund. Don't change your story, lie or exaggerate, just the truth, and repeat it over and over again until you get what you want and don't listen to people's condescending unhelpful attitudes in this thread.
    Be persistent.

• Like Like x 1
  12. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

Oberon, dont pay attention to the Troll, by answering them you are just feeding them.

And I think you have a case there, as Im also from outside the US, and I would feel the same way if this happens to me. And I also believe you will be happier if you go with BBTS from now on.

13. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Oh this thread reminded me, remember the HUGE backlash TFSource got over the whole MP Exhaust thing? Where they were opening all of them and repainting them themselves or something?

So they have a history of opening toys and modifying them before sale.

14. RoDu

RoDu Well-Known Member

Why would they do that?

I've never had an issue with BBTS in the past buying non MP stuff, but I've only just used them for the first time to buy MP10

15. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    The Gargoyles character is that same fairy king. Shakespeare riffing on kids telly, Gargoyles was awesome.

16. Flexx Ark

Flexx Ark Original Cyberverse - Yes! New - Meh......

News Credits:
    Good post. I agree

17. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I wouldn't write off the op so soon, especially not as quickly as several people in this thread did. Blind loyalty doesn't even begin to describe what's been demonstrated here.

I've ordered from TFSource before without issue, and I've got some other stuff on preorder. That said, they could absolutely be jerking other people around. It's not unprecedented, and for that reason alone I'm giving Oberon the benefit of the doubt.

18. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

Ive been using them since 2006 (BBTS). And the only 2 times I had a defective item, they not only exchanged them for me (at the time not even a picture was required for them to prove it) they let me to keep the defective item.

Expensive? maybe. Top customer service? you can bet on that.

And I dont work for them either. Just to feed the trolls a little;) 

19. bubbalew

bubbalew Well-Known Member

I can understand wanting to vent and warn people of your bad experience. However this high praise for BBTS just makes it sound like you work for them. I personally will not use BBTS unless I cannot find the item I want anywhere else due to poor customer service. If a manufacturer is offering parts to fix a figure then you should be able to get them, not given a runaround that the replacement parts are no better than the originals. If you are out of the parts let me know there will be a wait while you get more. Refusal to get and send replacement parts the manufacturer has made available is very poor customer service.

20. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    MP Exhaust was infringing upon the Marlboro cigarette likeness, and the parent company Phillip Morris issused Cease and Desist noticed to pretty much every Western retailer who wanted to sell Exhaust.

Even though TakTom had already modified the paint job from their original prototypes, the final paintjob was still sufficently close enough to the Cigarette package that Phillip Morris basically raised their legal hammers, poised to strike.

Anyway to get around the issue TFSource decided to open up all their Exhausts and repaint the distinct red/white arrow shape into a horizontal line to get Phillip Morris to back off and they could sell the toy legally in the West.

It's all there in the http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/1000681-takara-mp-23-exhaust.html thread, but if it's too much to read check out the post by Anubis20 from the original MP Exhaust thread...

Specifically his two pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What got us all at the time though, was that TFSource didn't tell anybody that they were going to do it, IIRC preorders came though like that, with the note slipped in that TFSource would accept returns.

Which is kind of ass. Well, not even 'kind of'. It's ass. TFsource need to... I dunno. Promote more Customer Transparency.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.