Better scale? all mp, or some mixed?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by tactikill decoy, Jun 22, 2015.

1. tactikill decoy

tactikill decoy Well-Known Member

i have a few mp characters, Optimus, Soundwave, Grimlock, Starscream. but for my other autobots, I have generations and classics such as sideswipe, jazz, prowl, wheeljack. ive been debating to start collecting the other mp cars but in vehicle mode they seem a little too big next to mp Optimus. im about to get mp22 ultra magnus in the mail and when I see video reviews of him they always put mp cars in the trailer and they look a little too big to be with him to. what do you guys think? im planning on getting mp ironhide and rachet when they come out. the new pics showing him in optimus' trailer and his bot mode reflex the original look and size I remember.

2. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    I would say it depends on how much you care for cartoon accuracy.

3. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

From an exact scale, you're right: they're too big.

All Masterpiece figures are scaled in robotmode (with the sole exception of MP Magnus who's too large in robotmode so he's the same scale as Optimus in truckmode), but they do try to make them look good together in altmode.

So, no, they don't scale together as cars. For example Optimus and Magnus are roughly 1:35 scale, Sideswipe/Prowl/Wheeljack are as cars roughly 1:29 scale (the same scale as MP-1, btw), while Bumblebee is ridiculously undersized (so he's the right size in robotmode) and is somewhere in the 1:35-40 scale -- Bumblebee's real life altmode is actually larger than Wheeljack's.

(And Soundwave is 1:1 and the seekers are 1:60ish.)

If altmode scale is important then either use MP-1 and 2 with the MP cars, or use alternity (1:32) or classics deluxes (sometimes 1:35ish) with the MP trucks. However, that will look strange in robotmode (the cars will be too small) and with the classics not being real cars it also looks strange in altmode.

Scale and Transformers...you can't win.