Better Liokaiser/UW Liokiser Ideas (Image heavy)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MastaBlasta, Jan 3, 2017.

?

Is it possible

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    56.3%
  2. Maybe

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. No

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. MastaBlasta

MastaBlasta Knight Industries Two Thousand

So this started as a discussion on the Combiner Wars appreciation thread. We where talking about how a UW liokaiser would look like if it where done. So here's my take. Remember these are just my ideas, so no need to get upset over them. Ill add more members as I go on.

SO without further a due, lets start with Jallguar or Jaguara
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    His alt mode is a racing buggy, not specified what kind

So most see him being made from the swindle mold which some people have already done. I also saw him as being from the Swindle mold until I saw this:
    IMG_1338.PNG
    So I decided to fan mode a Mirage and found it looks alot more accurate in vehicle mode that swindle would.
    IMG_1340.JPG

Now it doesnt look like too much, but if the wheels are made bigger, the cockpit closed, and the arm sidepannels redone, and the back legs totaly remolded to be thicker and fit combiner port receivers in it, it could make a great Jallguar.

IMG_1349.JPG
    This is the combiner mode I came up with. It really homages the orignal toy, while adding in points of articulation being a modern toy.
    IMG_1351.JPG
    Alternatively, if the swindle mold was used, this would make a good lower body

IMG_1354.JPG

Attached Files:

2. combinerlover

combinerlover MONSTRUCTOR's BFF ;)

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Interesting , I imagine a set of brand new molds . If done , I`m sure we will be surprised by the level of awesomeness .

• Like Like x 1
  3. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Never mind :lol 

4. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think T-Hybrid said this in the other thread, but that could work in a "Chromedome from Dead End" way (completely redesigned figure w/the same transformation scheme). The necessary hip ratchets and wider leg stance (for Liokaiser) on Jallguar and shoulder locks on Leozack (to hold them in place) would require a completely new set of molds - you can't do a UW Nosecone from Rook level remold. Really, I'd prefer something designed from the ground up w/Skyfeather and Heatrock remolds pre-planned rather than trying to turn a limb mold into a torso mold

• Like Like x 4
  5. MastaBlasta

Yes I've also mentioned that in the CWAT. It could also be used as big rescue force with two new members.

Guyhawk and hellbat will be next, once I get some pictures

• Like Like x 1
  6. ultraman zoffy

ultraman zoffy Out here making whatever whenever

The issue isn't whether it's possible; of course it is, anything is possible. The issue is whether it's likely to happen given the fact that it'd require extensive or completely new molds and a big departure from the basic construction of all the deluxe/voyager CW figures we've gotten in a basically finished line almost completely centered around repaints and slight retools. With that in mind, I vote nope, and I ain't talking about Leslie. =)

7. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Well, I had an odd idea, It would basically involve making a Voyager-sized "Shared Combined Altmode" Ala the micromaster combiners or Dreadwing. But also have the individual Jet (Leozack) and Buggy (Jallguar/Jaguara) modes that form Two Deluxe-Sized figures. Of course they have to end up being Gang-Molded so Jallguar might end up having some extra teal on his body.

8. LSyd

LSyd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    what i'm planning on doing for some kitbash:

Jallugar - Blackjack
    Leozack - Silverbolt

CW/UW homage done.

-

9. MastaBlasta

So Since I couldn't get images of the jets, killbision is up
    [​IMG]
    Heh

Killbision.PNG
    Alt mode: Gepard anti-aircraft tank

Killbison's vehicle mode should have a spinning turret. All of the ones with this mold should have. A tank that can only point up and down gives the enemy a huge advantage as they could just attck from the back (yes I know its a toy). New cannons would be in order, since it was an anti air tank, and not a typical one canon.

IMG_1353[1].JPG

Robot mode would need a huge waist fix. If you dont already know the brawl mold's waist is a terrible mess, and needs to be fixed.
    Another good think to make it more accurate would be to have the lower arms and hands rotate all the way down into the tank tread. Like this:

Killbision new.jpg
    This would also make it feel alot different from the original brawl mold

As a leg, it would be nice to have some new combiner joints that allow you to put the legs sideways to be more accurate

[​IMG]

As you can see, the leg bots are sideways. It wouldnt have to be like that, but alot of people want cartoon accuracy AND articulation.

Drillhorn is next :) 

10. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Is it possible? Yes.

Would it be better to just start from scratch with a whole new set of figures, considering Combiner Wars has concluded? Yes.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MastaBlasta

The point of this thread is to make ideas for a UW liokiser that wouldn't require starting from scratch. It is however to build ideas from existing figures using the same engineering. Like Chromedome and dead end.

12. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Wouldn't you rather have molds intended for they are supposed to be as opposed to otherwise? Not only would it be better for the collector, it would also cost Hasbro the same amount of money within their budget to do it that way. Now, that's not to rain on this customization exercise you're doing...but if it were a retail Hasbro release, I'd rather not use Combiner Wars as the starting point and let Liokaiser be it's own thing.

13. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    I don't think anybody is arguing against this. We know it won't use existing molds, but we also know it's gonna be more than a "retool" to get the job done. Even basing the torso bots on existing molds wouldn't work without heavy modification because the stability wouldn't be in place unless they could both attach to other with firm connections (like how Long Haul connects to Hook in CW Devy).

Here's what Takara is going to change, in order of likelihood.

1) CW Drillhorn replaced with a version using the UW Nosecone mold.
    2) UW Liokaiser turns the legs sideways instead of displaying them head on.
    3) UW replaces Dezarus with a new dual-bot torso.

They're not going to retool all four limbs *and* create a new torso. Aside from the obvious potential changes (Nosecone mold and new torso) you might see them give Killbison a new weapon that plugs in where his gun goes to give him a different looking turret, but that's likely it. Unless they go crazy and *also* change how Guyhawk and Hellbat transform to point the nosecones out.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  14. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    On the contrary. Any combiner Hasbro or Takara releases in the near future should include CW compatibility if it follows the basic concept of a central torso with individual limbs.

That would include Liokaiser, Monstructor/Dinoking, Landcross, and I'd argue Road Ceasar as well. The conceit being any two members of a dual-bot torso would *only* work with each other. This would allow them to focus on building stable torsos rather than interchangeable figures that aren't as stable or as viable individually. The reason Road Ceaser could work is he's a central torso (that provides his own arms) that can then accept two legs (which could be any two CW compatible limbs).

Where you could do something different would be guys like Landfill, Rail Racer, even Magnaboss and Tripredacus...where the team is not the standard combination scheme of individual arms around a central core. (Although in the case of Magnaboss, look for that to come as a repaint from SOMEBODY should we see a Combiner Wars Predaking.)

• Like Like x 2
  15. MastaBlasta

Their already is a third party liokiser, so if it needed to be its own thing that's available. If Takara was to release a "Unite warriors" liokiser, it limbs would have to be compatible with previous sets.

Heres hoping if they do do a two bot torso, They would release a CW version of leozack and jallguar.

• Like Like x 1
  16. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Not discussing third party, since your thread is about Hasbro or Takara.

And Unite Warriors seems to have concluded, BTW.

And, again, this is not anything against your customization exercise of existing molds.

But personally, with both CW and UW more or less done, I'd rather have 100% new molds. If they were to somehow engineer in CW connectors, then so be it. But I'd really rather see a brand new set in "Power of the Primes" than using bits or whole pieces of molds we've already seen upwards four to ten times over already.

17. Donnie707

Donnie707 Well-Known Member

According to every takara fanboy in the Combiner thread, they are still awaiting announcement on a brand new super mold for liokaiser coming from takara. In fact, a lot of them are stating this as fact. They should probably let takara know though as I'm guessing they don't even know they have a brand new liokaiser mold coming out.

• Like Like x 1
  18. MastaBlasta

More or less concluded. But Id be pretty surprised if they didn't do liokiser at all, considering he was a Japaneses exlusive

Really... :redface2:  Why bring that here.

• Like Like x 1
  19. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I'm sure they'll do something eventually. But there's probably a reason they are skipping him in Unite Warriors. A reason we'll all look back and say, "Yeah, that makes a lot more sense than Hasbro's attempt to shoehorn Liokaiser into Combiner Wars".

• Like Like x 1
  20. ultraman zoffy

ultraman zoffy Out here making whatever whenever

This thread should be moved to Radicons. It's really just a thread about a hypothetical custom that is giving out unofficial, unjustified hype and hope to make folks more "sure" that a 2-bot Liokaiser is coming. If that seems mean, sorry, but it's just sad to see at this point. No amount of fan mode-ing the existing molds will make the situation more real or "likely" to happen in the CW/UW lines.

• Like Like x 1