Better Hulk movie

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by ErbFan28, Jun 30, 2012.

?

Which film is better?

1. Hulk (2003)

11.8%
  2. The Incredible Hulk (2008)

88.2%
  1. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    I honestly liked the 2003 film........at it's time, if you know what I mean.
    Eventually I got bored of it and when the 2008 film hit, I liked it much better.

2. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

A classic example of sucking. It was terrible.

3. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    They both have their pros and their cons. Personally, I think that The Incredible Hulk is the better Hulk movie. Back when I first saw Hulk, I thought it was fantastic. I loved it. It was fun, it had action and it had the Hulk beating stuff up! Heck, I'm not afraid to admit that I loved the Hulk dogs! :D  Then slowly the realizations came on. I started realizing things about the history of the character and the film in general. People's criticisms started to sink in. And now, what has been seen cannot be unseen. I just don't see it as a good Hulk film anymore. I still find it enjoyable, but if we're talking about which movie is more "Hulk-y", then I'll have to go with The Incredible Hulk. Simpler, more to the point. More "HULK SMASH!", rather than "but what does it mean to be a human? What if we're all trapped in some sort of existential hell within ourselves, man?".

4. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I think both have quality and flaws.

Hulk 2003 showcases the character of the Hulk and Banner himself more deeply than the 2008 Movie, ending up pretty interesting character-wise. That's the movie's greatest strength, the character of Hulk-Banner. The origin of Hulk also wipes the floor with the origin presented in the 2008 movie.

But it has one pretty damn big weakness: The movie is really, really, really goddamn slow, a Hulk movie should never be that slow.

The 2008 film is on the exact opposite of the spectrum, the pace is quick, there are tons of goddamn awesome action [hence, ABOMINATION goes all out on the Hulk's ass], even when there's no action, the movie has a DANGER feel.

However, as I said, it is the opposite: the movie barely spends half-a-second on anyone's character, Hell, the richest character of that movie was General Ross, and that's more because of William Hurt than anything else.

As a result, the 2008 movie is absurdly shallow, you can barely remember anything from the movie 3 minutes after you watched it, it's a mess.

In my opinion, the ideal Hulk movie would combine traits of both movies, the action and danger feel of the 2008 movie with the character analyzing and drama from the 2003 movie, without overdoing either.

And Jeffrey Combs would be The Leader, but that's another story...

5. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    This.

Double This with Jeffrey Combs= The Leader....:) 

6. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

The 2003 Hulk movie was just plain horrible. The madder Hulk gets, the taller Hulk gets? WTF?!

7. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    The 2008 film is a better movie overall, but it feels like a very straightforward superhero movie to me, which is why I actually kinda like how the 2003 film tries to achieve something more than just being a superhero movie. Granted it doesn't succeed very well at that, but I give it props for tying anyways.

8. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    TIH just because Norton is awesome, and it had the better cast. I still am bitter Norton didn't get to be in Avengers.

9. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I enjoyed them both but liked the 2008 version more.

10. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    The Incredible Hulk. The plot flowed better and the Hulk was not 16 ft tall.

11. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The old live action TV series was better then the films and I'm not a big Hulk fan so thats a bad thing.

12. JackHammer

JackHammer Me, no, I would never

I never like the 03' film I found it boring and very confusing (then again it probably didn't help that I was like 8) and the 08' film is one of my favorite hero films (and I'm not much of a Hulk fan)

13. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Hulk Poodles vs Abomination? Incredible Hulk hands down :D 

14. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The biggest problem with the '03 film is the horrible villains. They were boring and, in some cases, just mind-mindbogglingly stupid.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Nah, Mark Ruffalo is perfect as Bruce Banner. My mom is not a fan of Ed Norton at all (Don't ask why) but Mark I swear nailed it.

16. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    I prefer Incredible Hulk, though I think if they'd cut the stuff with his dad, expanded the parts of a few other characters and just ended with his transformation back into Banner at the end, it would have been a far better movie. Nolte just ruined that movie for me, especially the whole part at the end.

Or else just go all the way, and have Gary Busey in the Nolte part instead. =p

17. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    2008 by a country mile. The 2003 movie holds my personal record for "most number of times I cringed during a movie".

18. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Ang Lee's Hulk doesn't even come close to TIH.

19. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    The better Hulk movie will be the one that stars Mark Ruffalo post-Avengers.

Hulk and Incredible Hulk felt like they were imperfect halves of a single movie. Bar Tim Roth, I feel if the characters/actors and depth of narrative of Hulk was married to the superior pacing, basic outline, villains and pacng of Incredible Hulk then we'd have been sweet.

20. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    The Incredible Hulk manages two things that Ang Lee’s Hulk never does; it’s fun and it makes sense.

Ang Lee’s Hulk is not only a bad Hulk movie, it’s not only a bad superhero, it’s a horrible movie.
    For a movie that aspired to make you look inside yourself and consider what it means to be human, it certainly wanted you to turn your brain off about everything else.

The plot makes no sense at all.
    • Dad does something to his blood which is apparently bad, but displays no adverse effects.
    • Months have passed and Dad’s wife is pregnant which makes Dad apprehensive because he’s done something to his blood which is apparently bad, but has displayed no adverse effects after all these months.
    • Years have passed and Dad now decides to check his son, Bruce’s blood because he’s done something to his own blood which is apparently bad, but has displayed no adverse effects after all these years.
    • Because he’s nervous that Bruce has tainted blood Dad ignores the fact that he himself is completely healthy and Bruce is completely healthy and decides the best thing to do is to kill the four-year-old with a knife but instead kills the mom. All the while young Bruce watches in horror. Hey kids, let’s go get some popcorn and watch Ang Lee’s Hulk!
    • Decades pass and Bruce has never had anything bad happen to him because of whatever mystery thing is in his blood; in fact, he is amazingly smart and successful. He’s a doctor and a researcher.
    • Bruce has an accident experimenting with gamma radiation and ‘nano-meds’ -the combination of those two things plus his mystery blood situation turns him into the raging monster The Hulk.
    • Meanwhile his Dad, whose ‘blood experiments’ haven’t done anything to him in over 34 years is hiding in the background just waiting for all this to happen.
    He just knew that Bruce was going to be a doctor who would experiment with medicine and radiation, and he knew that he would have an accident that would interact with his modified blood, and he knew that all of this would turn him into a monster or something.
    I guess…

So, for the viewer to make sense of all these facts in front of him:
    Blood experiments + Gamma Radiation + Nano-meds = Raging Hulk Monster.

Except, then the movie decides to do this:
    Blood experiments + Gamma Radiation + Nano-meds = Incredibly Smart, Incredibly Obedient Hulk Poodles.

And then this:
    Blood experiments + Gamma Radiation + Nano-meds = Absorbing man.

Then if you’ve managed to sit through all off that incredibly slow moving stupidity, you get to witness the US Army put Bruce and his Dad in the same room together.
    They know that Bruce turns into an unstoppable force of destruction when he gets stressed and they decide to put him in the same room as the man who killed his mother.