better ending: Deadlock Vs. PR

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Hotshotprime43, Oct 6, 2013.

?

Better ending...

1. Deadlock (Episode 65)

34 vote(s)
    50.7%
  2. Predacons Rising (TV movie)

18 vote(s)
    26.9%
  3. undecided/tie

15 vote(s)
    22.4%
  1. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

Now that Predacons Rising aired Transformers: Prime is now 100% completed (In TV anyways) so was the movie worth it or should we have just left off with Deadlock as the ending.

I liked both. Both had their pros and cons so I'm undecided, well Predacon Rising had tons of pros and cons which makes it difficult to decide.

2. AgentAlabama113

AgentAlabama113 Wily Old Buzzard

I can't decide. They were both good.

3. Storminator

Storminator Well-Known Member

I voted Deadlock. To me, it just had more sense of Finality- Megatron's death, the restoration of Cybertron and Bee getting his voice back. I will say a lot of Predacons Rising felt quite bolted on (Megatron's resurrection was one such thing). It does seem the Allspark was thrown in there as well, like "We've restored out homeworld, but... oh yeah, there's that one other thing we need that I've never really mentioned..."

I know that there's been references to The Allspark previously in the show, but I always took it as being figurative, not thinking it actually existed in the Prime Universe.
    Overall, both were good, but I felt that Deadlock was just a more fitting end to the show.

4. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Deadlock definitely felt more epic and final to me. I did like Preds Rising, but it had very little time to set up its epic battle and then resolve it, whereas Deadlock had a whole season (even 3 whole seasons) worth of build-up. A lot of PR featured the Autobots standing around talking, while Unicron was marching his army across Cybertron. Deadlock was straight up non-stop battle with everyone involved. Hard to top that.

5. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

I really wanted to, but I just can't make myself like Predacons Rising.

6. Breakdown96

Breakdown96 ‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside

Hard one to choose from the both seemed to have the same sort of impact to me, but maybe Deadlock seemed just a little better.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I got to go with Predacons Rising mainly because of Darksteel and Sky Lynx, I cannot have them not exist.

But Deadlock was better written for sure.

8. Thunderjet

Thunderjet Well-Known Member

Predacons Rising. Why? Deadlock felt unfinished to me while it had more action going for it, to me it tied up most lose ends but not all. leaving me with that frustrating unfinished cliffhanger feeling that TF: Cybertron left us with, PR tied up the remaining loose ends thus giving us a true finale.

9. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Predacons Rising

10. FatherDeth

FatherDeth Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Let's look at it like this, really neither was better than the other because Predacons Rising was just used to tie up loose ends. Seriously, Deadlocked was great, but didn't finish off the series very well. Predacons Rising felt just as rushed in certain parts as the actual series did, but it did a good job of ending the series.

11. Barachiel

Barachiel Throttlebot

Ebay:
    It was *really* close, but I voted for Predacons Rising.

While Deadlock was a good end, PR just felt like it tied of the last little bits better (the exception being WTF happened to Shockwave?)

12. Aeronnz

Aeronnz Back in action!

I liked many moments in Predacons Rising, but I'm still not sure about the ending. I always hated all the "resurrection nonsense."

13. ISleepNow

ISleepNow Detrimental Robot

The Sequel, Predacons Arisen

14. LegionMaximus

LegionMaximus Well-Known Member

I liked Predacons Rising, but I do think Deadlock was more epic and less plothole-ridden.

15. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Deadlock (Episode 65) - the "whole" package overall was better

16. SmokeyPrime

SmokeyPrime Well-Known Member

I preferred Deadlock. It was a solid episode as opposed to the s**tpile that was Predacons Rising.

17. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Both were good. Kind of reminds me of G1. You can actually stop watching at the end of season 3 when Galvatron tells Optimus there will be no more fighting and leave it at that. Or watch the season 4 Rebirth and watch the series end with Cybertron being reborn. I hate the headmasters and targetmasters so I like the season 3 ending.

I like Predacons Rising because YOU ACTUALLY SEE PREDACONS and not just Predaking. I also like seeing Knock Out joining the winning side.

18. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    Deadlock functions better as an end to the series than Predacons Rising. Deadlock left fewer loose ends. While Predacons rising did resolve a few of them, it created even more. The fates of Starscream and Shockwave are still unclear. Megatron is alive, though he has renounced his position. Predaking is still at large, has two new bodyguards, and still has good reason to oppose the Autobots. On top of all this, Prime's death was simply illogical and unnecessary.

That is not to say that Predacons rising is not good - it still functions perfectly as a supplement to the series, just not as the END of the series. This is the main problem that I have with it.

19. MrHolister

MrHolister Well-Known Member

I agree, but I liked the headmasters series kinda...

I kinda liked both. I kinda wish it would have ended with Soundwave figuring out how to get out of the parallel dimension.

Either way, both were cool, even if Mega-cron did look like he was wearing a raccoon hat...

20. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

spot on