Better Call Saul

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Tekkaman Blade, Jun 19, 2014.

1. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The problem is Chuck was a really bad human being and it rubbed off on his cohorts. They, in turn, became just like him and here comes Jimmy reminding people that they're human and not machines.

It didn't compute. They tried to hold onto what made them awful, he made them see their flaws and humanity and surprise, surprise! They're all awful!

When the guy who admits he's the con artist is the only one telling the truth, you know there's something wrong with this picture.

Kim's the biggest villain, though. She treats Jimmy the same way everyone else does, but she actually "loved" him and that... that's what wrecks him and creates the Saul Goodman we've come to know.

I know Jimmy created his own bed and will have to lay in it, but I still feel bad for him. I think there's a person who wishes to do good buried in there.

2. The Kup

The Kup Heavy Metal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Haven't been able to watch 409 since Google Play slacked off and didn't put it up until today, so that was a tad annoying.

Anyways, super solid episode. Hector getting his bell and ringing it repeatedly was so great. :D 

3. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Now that's just not true. Just look at her back in Season 2 after Chuck told her what Jimmy did. She knew what Chuck said was true, but she still stood up for him and defended Jimmy in front of him, telling him that absolutely was not true despite she knowing it was.

It doesn't look like that at all. In fact, it looks like he becomes Saul Goodman through her encouragement. He needs to be something different from Chuck, and she is going to help him get there, and using a different name is the first step towards doing that.

4. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

The lab plot is showing how Mike became so trusted by Gus. How he becomes The Cleaner. He has good people skills, he knows when to give folks leeway and when to be strict. That's very valuable skill set for gus.

As for the Jimmy stuff.... That board is despicable! Why should Jimmy have to always be about Chuck? Why can he not be about his own person, his own individual? I never liked kim in the early seasons but i mellowed on her. This just goes to show i was right all along. She does see herself as above jimmy. I don't want her to die, but i do want jimmy to leave her. Especially after the whole shooting down their office stuff.

5. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Damn. Lalo is a scary ass ninja..

6. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Lalo is dangerous as shown at the money transfer place and catching on way to quickly, they are going to have to take him out and likely Fring will make Nacho do it.

7. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    Well this is when Kim finally starts to realize who Jimmy is.

And this is when Jimmy really becomes Saul.

8. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    One of the BCS podcats i listen to always jokes "and THAT is when Jimmy becones Saul.." at different plot points. Now he is going to be Saul. Guess that joke is over now.

9. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Man, what an episode. I'm still processing everything that occurred, especially since I'm trying to place how Mike's single day story could have happened during Jimmy's couple of weeks. Or could it be that it was the German plot that was ahead of the game? Well whatever, either way, what a brilliant end to a brilliant season. It's just a shame we're going to have to wait probably another year and a half for the next season.

The opening with Chuck and Jimmy was a really good send off for the brother plot as I'm sure we are finally done with that. I do have to agree with Jimmy's anger towards HHM when it came to the scholarships. In fact, Kim was quite right that Jimmy was going to have no input on that part back at the beginning of the season, he was just there because he was Chuck's brother. Having him tell that girl that she shouldn't give a damn about HHM was quite touching and so true. People like that don't care if you redeem yourself, one mistake and it's over for you. There are no second chances in their eyes.

I loved how he played everyone in the room, including Kim when it came to his hearing. It was great because he gave them the story they wanted to hear since that is all they care about. The ending bit though was priceless. YES!!!!!

Damn, Lalo ain't playing. That dude is badass. Now I'm curious as to what the hell he was doing during Breaking Bad. Hell, let's get a Lalo spin-off. Gotta wonder if he killed the dude or just knocked him out. It could go either way.

Poor Werner. He was straight up told what was going to be the outcome if he fucked up again and still he thought he could get away with what he did. It sucks for him, but even moreso for Mike. That shot of Mike in the dark lab was quite nice. Furthermore, that camera shot of when Mike had to shoot Werner was down right gorgeous. Just perfect in every way. I've got to wonder if this is the reason the lab doesn't get done until just before Walter steps into it.

Overall, this season was fantastic. If there is any complaint I have it is that there has yet to be a scene that has managed to top the border patrol scene from Season 2. Nevertheless, this was superb with a lot of growth going on with the characters from Jimmy dealing with Chuck's death to the realization that he needs to be his own person, Kim's walk along the darkside, Mike becoming Gus' most trusted assailant, and the introduction of a wild card during the last portion of the season. The next season is going to be epic!

10. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    He was dead or died during during breaking bad. He'll be dead by the end of this series. Fring is out to kill all Salamancas and Lalo is catching on too quick. At some point Jimmy becomes involved and all this is going on behind the scenes in season 2 and 3 of breaking bad. We will likely see Lalo and Nacho get involved with Jimmy next season or the season after. And starting next season Walt or Jesse will be able to show up if they want them too as he's Saul now.

11. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    Now that, that was a season finale done right.

I hope they show in this series what it was that pushed Mike into what he becomes in Breaking Bad. That scene with Werner p!$$ed her off so bad. It was all she would talk about. And honestly, up until that point, Mike had a past but he wasn't horrible for the majority of the show. Last night, all bets were off. (I'm guessing we'll see him get a lot worse.) Glad Walter took care of him by the end... After seeing he'd go this far, yeah. Gotta go.

And Jimmy... Bob Odenkirk gave a masterclass performance, last night. Absolutely spellbinding performance. Enter Saul. YES!

12. Domino

Domino Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly, I had almost the complete opposite reaction to Mike. I felt very sorry for him, and was mad FOR him, not AT him. He didn't want Werner to die, and told Fring as much. When Gus overruled him, that was it. Werner's fate was sealed. Mike let Werner contact his wife to get her out of harm's way. Had he not done that, I think she would have met a similar fate. And considering how they took care of Nacho's friend a few episodes back, who knows what kind of torture (however brief) Werner would have suffered if Gus' goons came to do the job. I think Mike's was an act of mercy, and it tore him up to do it. At the end, when he looked down at Gus, to me it looked like he was confirming to Gus that the deed was done, but that he was beyond pissed at him that it came to that.

But that is one of the reasons this show is so amazing. That we can be watching the exact same thing on the screen and come away with 2 very different interpretations of the character. Man, this is going to be a long wait...

• Like Like x 3
  13. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    I see it your way as well, don't get me wrong. I also see why my wife is so upset. Mike could've found a way, he's been in the business of being awful for so long, he should've known a way around Gus. That said, the show was fantastic and it shows just how twisted this whole thing will become. Honestly, it's showing more of the world of Breaking Bad than Breaking Bad did.

I'm starting to see that both shows are equally incredible in their own rights and how impressive the casts are. They're not given enough accolades for their work and efforts. Absolutely fantastic shows. Though, I will say that Breaking Bad is more of a rewatchable show than Better Call Saul is. BCS is good, really good, but it's so slow burn that it's hard to rewatch a second time when BB was so...exhilarating. So twisty. So violent. So fun.

That said, I'd sit through it all again just to take it all in one more time.

14. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You lost me if your first post, but by "her" you mean your wife? And the Walter, you mean Mike?

Man, that ending with Mike was pretty depressing. I had no idea that was the finale. What a great show.

15. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

First time through Breaking Bad my wife and I both swore we'd never want to watch it again, even though we were enjoying the ride. It wasn't until the last few episodes that we started to get the hankering to do it all over again. Now it's one of our most rewatched shows. I have a feeling BCS is gonna be another one where, after the final curtain call, we're gonna be clamoring to run it back over again.

Looking forward to watching this week's episode, but seriously sad it'll be another year+ wait for the one after.

16. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I rewatch BCS a month before the next season starts every year and I've been rewatching every episode from this season on Sundays.

He did his best though. He told Werner straight up after the bar incident what would happen if he screwed up again and Werner didn't care.

17. Domino

Domino Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, I definitely see where you're coming from. My wife was almost in the exact same frame of mind as yours. But...

^This. Mike warned him, and he still went AWOL. This is all on Werner. Could he have made it look like he'd taken care of Werner and found a way to get him out of the area? Sure. But if Gus ever found out, Mike's head is on the chopping block. And Gus is a smart man with a ton of resources. Werner, despite being extremely intelligent, clearly doesn't make very smart choices. So if I'm Mike, no way would I risk my life for someone who brought all of this on himself, especially in spite of my explicit warning what would happen.

I can't seem to get my wife into watching BB again, even though she enjoyed it the first time around. So I may be running through it solo this time. But I have a feeling when I start them up that she'll get hooked again. But she absolutely loves BCS, and we started watching it again from S1 a few days ago.

18. The Kup

The Kup Heavy Metal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Wow, just watched the finale, and it was a fantastic one. It's going to be tough waiting about a year now for season 5 to come out.

19. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Amazing finale. Again.

Kim's "WTF?" stunned reaction to Jimmy's announcement: priceless. Couldn't have been a better final shot.

20. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Agreed. Kind of fitting since the couple are kind of in this weird place right now for their relationship. It's kind of weird because we as the audience knows exactly what Jimmy feels no remorse for Chuck's death but Kim doesn't.