Better Autobot Combiner Groups

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Soundlips, Jul 31, 2021.

1. LockdownTF

LockdownTF Well-Known Member

My main issue was that their all the exact same character each in slightly different colours. Well the limb bots are anyway

• Like Like x 3
  2. Trooper028

Trooper028 Well-Known Member

Militaries have Combat Engineers. The Decepticons are a military therefore they have combat engineers in this case the Constructicons.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  3. SonicConvoy05

SonicConvoy05 Well-Known Member

I love the Protectobots but I gotta agree that they could use more development. I'd be down for a mini-series about them vs the combaticons.
    Im glad someone else remembers Build King/Landfill! Autobot builders make so much sense, and the 4-man scramble combination he does is something I dont think we've seen before or after, which is a shame.

JRX/Railracer is an awesome design but I dont think he'd work in a more serious setting. No one will notice 3 more cars in a city, but 3 bullet trains dont come out of nowhere. Also, they cant just up and leave the passengers when its time to combine like they do in 01, public transportation is serious business.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm kinda fine with what we got. Protectobots are maybe my fav team.

Don't get me wrong I'd be down for more but what we've gotten is great.

5. ThrustJan

ThrustJan Well-Known Member

When I was a child I had thought that Constructicons were too amazing to be in the bad guys but at same time I never consideded them in the wrong faction because true are creators ,but always in those years I associated them with a lot of excavators that in town ,in Scavenger style always destroyed roads before proceed to repairs,in this way I saw them the vehicles that destroy what cars(Autobot)love :D  .And their origin in "Secret of Omega supreme"perfectly agrees,they were not Decepticons but a military faction needed someone to create plants and fortress.
    For Autobot combiners ,don't like Defensor but Computron is very beautiful and has interesting weapons against other combiners,are techonbots that I find bland,instead Aerialbots have very cool personaly but as soon as i saw toy I was surprised that were Autobots but they were the first step that convinced me that both factions could have everything they neeeded to compensate.
    And for Predacons,I was child and all,but event then only later I undestood that those toys were Decepticons,their bright colors had confuse me.
    Edit:sorry for previous grammar mistakes,I hadn't time to check them.

• Like Like x 1
  6. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Completely agreed.
    Also, I thought the cartoon itself explained it clearly the existing of the Aerialbots/Stuncticons for their respective faction as both side either need the air support or ground support. So I'm fine the way things are....one side is fully military and the other side is fully consumer wouldn't put the war in a fair fight.
    I'm in the opposite approach. I actually like those little mini-jet backpack on the Aerialbots....making the entire team looks uniform yet different from the rest of the Autobots.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Trooper028

How I break it down

Constructicons: Combat Engineer Unit
    Stunticons: Urban Warfare Unit
    Combaticons: Special Operations Unit
    Predacons: Jungle Warfare Unit
    Terrorcons: Terrorism Unit
    Seacons: Naval Warfare Unit

Dinobots: Heavy Infantry Unit (with Swoop for Air Support)
    Aerialbots: Air Force Unit
    Protectobots: Emergency Response Unit
    Technobots: Technician Unit

• Like Like x 1
  8. Soundlips

Soundlips Defending Reactivate since 2020 loves Tinfoil Hats

News Credits:
    Honestly that's mostly my beef with them is that some teams feel completely out of place, especially the Aerialbots and Stunticons. I mean come on, an entire army of seekers and do you know what combiner groups they have, race cars. And for an army of sports cars primarily, what combiner do you have, that's right, flyers! I mean I get the know your enemy principle, but it logically just feels out of place. That and pretty much every single combiner group is underdeveloped besides the Combaticons.

9. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos New Holder of the Matrix of Leakership

News Credits:
    You know, had they been looking to be really in depth about it they could have done it that both teams originally started on opposite sides but changed due to events in the series. The Stunticons chaffed under Optimus' command, feeling their were superior to humans, and decided to defect. And the Aerielbots didn't like how Starscream treated Silverbolt and were shown kindness by the Autobots.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Trooper028

I have no issue with the alignment of the Aerialbots or Stunticons since they were specifically created to be the exception to the rule “the Decepticons fly in the air” and “the Autobots drive on the ground”. Motormaster’s goal is to even take Prime’s place as the King of the Road. They were made to be rivals to the Seekers/Prime and the Cars.

Nor do the Constructicons bother me regardless of their origin since militaries have combat engineers and that’s what they are.

• Like Like x 3