Best Voyager/Ultra Scale Optimus and Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Olymprix, Jan 23, 2017.

?

What line has the best Optimus and/or Megatron?

1. G1/G2

8 vote(s)
    7.8%
  2. Masterpiece

16 vote(s)
    15.5%
  3. RiD

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  4. A/E/C

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. CHUG

36 vote(s)
    35.0%
  6. Movie

5 vote(s)
    4.9%
  7. Prime/RID

4 vote(s)
    3.9%
  8. 3rd Party/KO

48 vote(s)
    46.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Olymprix

Olymprix Moonwalkin' on the Ceiling

News Credits:
    Looking to cap off my collection with a good Voyager or Ultra-scale Optimus Prime and Megatron (to fit in with CHUG figures). Just curious what TFW's opinions on that niche are!

2. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    If you want to collect chug then get chug editions. Classics Optimus Prime is still the best voyager g1 Optimus prime figure. For Megatron get cw leader class or tr voyager.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Olymprix

Olymprix Moonwalkin' on the Ceiling

News Credits:
    Looking less for CHUG figures specifically and more for good Optimuses and Megatrons at that Voyager class/Ultra class scale.

4. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Battle Core Optimus is pretty cool nice and bulky and looks different enough to be cool, and TR Megatron is pretty nice,

5. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    MP-10V by KuBianBao is definitely THE BEST Voyager Optimus Prime ever made.

It's a downscaled MP-10 Masterpiece Optimus Prime with more die cast.

Seriously this is the beginning, middle, and end of the discussion when it comes to Voyager Scale Optimus Prime:

Voyager Sized MP Optimus Prime KO

If you get this one, you won't need another Optimus Prime. Guaranteed.

• Like Like x 8
  6. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    As far as pairs go, MakeToys Striker Manus and Rioter Despotron are incredibly toys and look perfect together. They're a little outside the CHUG aesthetic, but they're probably the best Optimus and Megatron toys on the market right now.

For official figures, Prime First Edition Optimus Prime is a great toy. The Voyager Megatron from the same line is decent, but not excellent. Voyager DOTM Megatron is also pretty good, and works well alongside Evasion Mode Optimus Prime from AOE. I'll vouch for Titans Return Megatron as well, though the upcoming Blitzwing redeco will probably be better.

• Like Like x 3
  7. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Toy wise and only toywise I vote for AEC but specifically the cybertron ones. Megs wouldn't fit in Chug but is still very fun. Get the galvy repaint of the 2

8. Magnahide

Magnahide Maximal Commander

While there are some fantastic Optimus Primes and Megatrons from many TF lines, I'm not sure how a figure outside of G1, CHUG, or 3rd party G1 homages would fit in a CHUG collection.

Official classics figures: For Optimus, my personal preference is the Combiner Wars voyager. He's really beefy, comes with a gun that actually looks like his original G1 gun, and he's easy to transform. For Megatron, I like the Combiner Wars leader. The Titans Return voyager seems to be pretty neat too, but I think the third jet mode kind of detracts from the design, plus he's mostly unpainted gray unlike CW Megs' shiny silver.

KO classics: There's a KO company called KuBianBao (or KBB for short). They have taken the MP-10 Optimus Prime and shrunk it down to voyager size and called it MP10-V, and even threw in extra accessories that MP-10 doesn't even have. I don't have one myself, but everyone that does seems to adore it. If you need opinions, he's discussed on the 3rd party forum, like, every day. Of course, since it's unlicensed, it won't have a faction symbol, so you'll have to apply a sticker to his shoulder if you want it. I've also recently heard of a downscaled KO of a very G1 accurate 3rd party Megatron. He's called "ZhanJiang Mechanic Master." I don't know much about him but you could ask in the thread over in the 3rd party forum. The only catch with these high-quality KOs, though, besides no faction symbols and having to be shipped directly from China, is that they cost at least twice as much as an official voyager figure would.

Non-classics: I personally think both the Energon Super Class Optimus and Megatron are awesome, but they don't really go with anything outside the Unicron Trilogy. I'm a huge movie fan also and I love Evasion Mode Optimus Prime from Age of Extinction and Megatron from Dark of the Moon, although the movie figures are a very unique aesthetic. Evasion Optimus' only major flaw is his lack of paint (although Reprolabels might improve him), but he's a very cool homage to G1 Optimus. The Takara version has more paint apps but, of course, he'll be more expensive. Oddly, he actually comes with a shotgun designed after the one Megatron used in the DOTM film, and it's actually designed to work with the DOTM Megatron figure too. As for DOTM Megs, he's a little on the small side and doesn't have a whole lot of paint, but he's engineered well. In fact, I think he's the only decent movie Megs made to this point, not counting Galvatron.

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Classics or Henkei Optimus and Henkei or United Megatron.

• Like Like x 1
  10. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

If it were a poll about the best figure, I'd choose A/E/C, we have yet to get a Megatron or a Prime figure better engineered or with as much play value as Cybertron Optimus and Megatron. As far as voyager scale Primes and Megatrons, I can only think of the CHUG line. I can't speak for Universe Megatron, but the Universe Voyager Prime mold is quite excellent.

11. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    IMG_3325.JPG
    Optimus Prime and Elita 1
    End of fucking discussion!!!! Megatron is another story. Hegemon for voyager I think. But I went with Granville cause terminator looking future tank.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    The original G2 Laser Optimus from over 20 years ago is still awesome. Solid robot mode, excellent auto morphing trailer base.

• Like Like x 1
  13. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There are lots of good pairs listed above but the poll says voyager or ultra class only so I'll just list those:

Car Robots/RID2000: Fire Convoy and Gigatron are great toys even if they aren't your traditional Optimus and Megatron. I remember clamoring over pics while we received Beast Machines domestically, and hoping to save up the $75-100 or so to import Fire Convoy. Glad I didn't have to as RID Optimus is one of my favorite Primes.

Classics or "CHUG" Voager Optimus and Nerf Megatron are another great pair.

If we decide to go with any size then:

G2 Hero Optimus and Megatron: My first transforming pair of the arch nemesis. They had great articulation for their time period that was on par with the AEC era 10 years later. I think these are technically deluxe size.

Cybertron Optimus and Megatron: Cybertron Optimus is undoubtedly the best Prime released in the AEC trilogy. Megatron's batmobile-esque alt mode is fun and unique. I wish Leader class toys still retained this size today.

I'm sure the new MP Megatron will make me want to add it and MP-10 to the list of great pairs, as well as Rioter Despotron and Striker Manus.

14. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:

yes what he said, i bought four so I could hand then down to my kids and hopefully my grandkids too

• Like Like x 2
  15. INCyr

INCyr Well-Known Member

As others have stated, this. 100% this. Fantastic figure, well worth the cost.

• Like Like x 2
  16. jimimus prime

jimimus prime commander

MP-10V.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Joey_Santana

Joey_Santana Shockwave fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Igear Faith leader O.P. and Megatron CW.
    KBB MP10-V and GT Megatron Oversized

18. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Super Mod

News Credits:
    IGear Faith Leader is my say all - end all voyager Optimus.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Joey_Santana

Joey_Santana Shockwave fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    16002802_10154922839393485_7723579611294427194_n.jpg
    Still waiting for OS GT Megatron to pair up with KBB-MP10V

• Like Like x 1
  20. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    The KBB KO of MP Prime is awesome and well worth getting. Here are some shots I took of the Ultra Magnus version which, as you can see, makes for an excellent prime at voyager scale.

[​IMG]
    KBB Ultra Magnus

[​IMG]
    KBB Ultra Magnus

• Like Like x 3