Best Voyager Movie Optimus Prime Mold?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by JohnRedcorn, May 24, 2014.

?

Best Mold

1. 2007 movie mold

7 vote(s)
    2.9%
  2. ROTF (Battle Blades)

112 vote(s)
    46.9%
  3. DOTM mold

3 vote(s)
    1.3%
  4. AOE Evasion

114 vote(s)
    47.7%
  5. DOTM Ultimate (not technically voyager)

3 vote(s)
    1.3%
  1. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron Unicron Herald BladeZero

News Credits:
    gotta say hftd battle blades
    and im going to say why
    1- although not feature heavy as the premium ultimate, it still has everything one needs in a voyager sized figure(two guns, two sword, and a matrix)
    2- no partsforming(not even the weapons, only when you are going to use them)
    3- articulation (except for no wrist rotation, everything else is just awesome)
    4- paint (except for the evasion rusty(either the takara or the hasbro rusty versions) the original battle blades is more accurate to the version it represents, obviously the takara battle blades(hooks actually) and the dotm with commetor(except the stars and moon) and the lost age advanced, are the best verisons but from the beggining the figure has way more paint than even the evolution pack or the other 2 pakc verisons of the evasion)
    5- IT IS FUN, just, not for everyone(i have the evolution evasion, and i had in hands the hftd, and i gotta say, it is way more rewarding the hftd, it isnt easy, it isnt possible to do it quickly, thats for sure, but it feels AWESOME)
    6- no fake kibble for the most part(except....the pieces where the windows tab in, yet is such an small piece compared to how much they actually managed to not replace with fake parts, veasion elbows are where the actual front windows are, the abs are not his actuall grill but the other side of the piece and part of the front windows, his chest windoes are his cab BACK, he has fake smokestacks hidden in part of the grill and front bumper and his wheels are in his g1 configuration instead of the reversed movie(2 on each hip and one near each foot), that because even being the subline of the movie for collectors, they decided skipping like...everything to make it EASY
    7- integrated weapon( they are his gas tanks, isntead of a gun that is not even his own, nor does it look good when holding it, like evasion)
    8- engineering (already said all but again, it compared to evasion optimus' is a work of art, they managed to downscale the leader class which is something to write about)

i is not perfect(his toes are too small, his guns except the tip of the barrel, look just like gas tanks unlike buster prime though it would have been a pain to make it smaller, not impossible, just very difficult, the blades while accurate would have been better if they had a red part where they rotate so they wherent so OBVIOUSLY an added part)

dont get me wrong, i like my evasion but battle blades is superior

2. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I tried to like Evasion Optimus Prime over HFTD Optimus Prime, but there's something "un-Alpha" about the alt mode of Evasion mode. The HFTD alt mode just seems more aggressive and tough looking, but most of all more modern looking.

3. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Evasion.

4. 2ndSndWve

2ndSndWve Hen... Shin!

News Credits:
    My vote goes to the mini masterpiece that is Battle Blades Prime (it's HFTD, by the way, not ROTF).

5. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    The first movie voyager is Ok but dated. The Automorph in the legs is very well done. I actually prefer the ROTF "Chinese" release over the original. Not too fond of the weapons however.

Battle Blades is great in theory but the actual execution of the downsizing of ROTF leader Optimus doesn't really lend itself to voyager size, and is overcomplicated as a result. Do like the Matrix and the fuel tank guns tho.

DOTM Voyager is IMO a very underrated figure. The proportions are strange for some but I like the aesthetic. The amount of detail and sculpting on this one really sells it for me, though I'm not a big fan of the solar panels,clear plastic and exaggerated fuel tanks. The truck mode doesn't hold together well on mine unfortunately. Mechtech weapon is one of the better ones in the line.

AOE Evasion is perfection. Transformation, articulation, proportions, sculpt, everything. Except Paint. Get the Takara or the Platinum releases over the standard Hasbro.

6. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree the DOTM Voyager is underrated. I have the Takara version with the trailer but I wish the paint job was a tab bit more accurate in the alt mode.

One thing I don't get ...Isn't Battle Blades just as "complicated" as ROTF Leader class?

7. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Cant wait for the mp01 sized upscale ko aoe evasion prime.

8. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i've always had the most fun with the 2007 voyager prime. i especially love the battle damage paint. after that, i like the 2007 leader one. to me they are the ones that are actually fun to transform, fiddle with, and ect.

while the revenge of the fallen leader class is the most accurate, i find it to be the least fun of all of my optimus prime toys. i mostly just keep it combined with jetfire these days. combining it is a chore that is not much fun. and i love combining optimus primes. i miss those.

out of all the ones i do not have, i think the one i'd like the most would be the ultimate one, that combines with his trailer. he looks to be the one that is the most fun, out of all the other ones i currently do not have. then maybe evasion optimus.

9. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    Honestly it comes down to Rotf Battle Blades, and AOE Evasion Prime for me. Both showcase ingenious engineering, but I'm leaning more towards Battle Blades. RoTF Leader Prime is easily one of the best molds of the 2000's and having him in a condensed Voyager Class height is great for collectors with limited display or storage space like myself.

10. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    From what I've seen, yes it is. If anything BB could be considered more complex since it's smaller.