Best Voyager Movie Optimus Prime Mold?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by JohnRedcorn, May 24, 2014.

?

Best Mold

1. 2007 movie mold

7 vote(s)
    2.9%
  2. ROTF (Battle Blades)

112 vote(s)
    46.9%
  3. DOTM mold

3 vote(s)
    1.3%
  4. AOE Evasion

114 vote(s)
    47.7%
  5. DOTM Ultimate (not technically voyager)

3 vote(s)
    1.3%
  1. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I'll say Battle Blades. I don't have Evasion yet

2. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    AOE Evasion mode Optimus Prime WINS

SEE this comparison picture: http://static.seibertron.com/images/toys/files/206/evasion-mode-optimus-194.jpg

Battle Blades Prime's thigh legs too far apart and too skinny compared to AOE Prime's. The fidelity of sculpted thigh leg detail is also way better on AOE Prime's thigh legs & hips.

Lower legs & feet : again, Battle Blade Prime's lower legs compare as less substantial than AOE Prime's lower legs. The feet, oh the feet ! Seems pretty obvious to me which mold has the most accurate feet.

Torso : even though the styles differ, I think we can all agree, Battle Blade Prime features a more gappy torso, with more kibble showing through the cracks.

The only aspect on which Battle Blade Prime might score points over AOE Evasion Prime, could be the upper arms.

Overal the proportions & detail fidelity, are way better on the new AOE Evasion mode Prime

3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have handled both and BB Optimus in 'striker colours' (Revenge) edges Evasion for me even in TakaraTomy's colours.

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    All the movie Voyager Primes have had decent alt modes but terrible robot modes.

5. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm really tempted to get Revenge (BB) Optimus, but hesitating because basically it's just a downsized ROTF Leader Optimus which I have multiple copies of. What do you think?

6. Fallout

Fallout a dude he can't lose when lives on love

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    tie between DOTM and Evasion.

7. Wuffles

Wuffles Well-Known Member

Yes, and I still stand by my vote for BB. All of the little details are what does it for me. The very detailed Alt mode and robot mode, the weapons, the matrix. Just a slam dunk of a toy. Not saying I dislike Evasion at all, I love that one too. It just doesn't have all of the neat features that the other has. I do like that it gave me a shotgun for DOTM Megs though :p 

8. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Evasion could use a paint app or two but the proportions just rock.

9. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Since that Evolution of Optimus two pack is going to be a Movieverse release, can I vote for the Classics Optimus mold?

10. AoE

AoE MERGE YO POSTS PEOPLE

News Credits:
    I like BB and Evasion, however since I'm a sucker for bladed weapons, I think that BB is the best.

11. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Former Green Kool-aider

I'm going with Evasion. Battle Blades Optimus Prime is still a good figure, and I like its accuracy to the CGI model. It's kind of boring though, and the transformation is fiddly and unfun to me, a problem with hyper screen accuracy.

Evasion Mode Optimus Prime feels more solid and substantial and while the paint apps aren't there, the details in the sculpt are. A bit of customization really brings out the detail in this guy. Plus he's more fun to transform and pose.

12. daddytron

daddytron Your mom is an oversized CHUG

Yeah I had to agonize between BB and Evasion, but in the end I find Evasion to have much better proportions and to be much more fun to transform.

I know this may bother some people that like them, but I Lol'd at 2007 and DOTM Prime even being on the list. Especially DOTM. I have all the versions listed and find DOTM to be a turd in both modes.

13. Bob 121

Bob 121 Well-Known Member

I transformed and compared both earlier today. Evasion is not on par with Battle Blades.

14. Rewind

Rewind Well-Worn Member

News Credits:
    I really love Evasion Optimus, but overall Ultimate gets my vote. There's just something about Takashi Kunihiro's toy designs that always does it for me.

15. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Voted Battle Blades, although I do find the Ultimate to be a fun toy despite the arms (and looks in general), and I don't own Evasion yet (Hurry up postal service) to comment.

16. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dude, you aren't the only one who have mutiple versions of LC Optimus. I think I have all of them except the Premium Edition Striker but IMO the Revenge Optimus is in a 'class' of its own in terms of a voyager.

The only reason why I haven't bought it because of the chrome or is it vac metal a over the windows. I HATE chrome because it tarnishes and fades under the humidity in my country.

But I may get him because IMO TT did any amazing job in terms of paint apps and plastics use. Plus he scales well with ROTF voyager Fallen.

I think Revenge Optimus, Fallen and DOTM Megatron would look good displayed together.

Evasion Optimus (especially the TT version) is beautiful in terms if paint adds and sturdiness but IMO isn't the engineering marvel of Revenge Optimus.

IMO another appeal of Evasion Optimus is that he reminds us of G1 Optimus and proves to naysayers that G1 can 'work' with the Bay designs.

17. Lewa1267

Lewa1267 Well-Known Member

Evasion Prime. Better articulation, better proportions, no obstructive and annoying kibble, no overly skinny knock kneed legs, and overall I just find him more fun.

18. siegfried07

siegfried07 Well-Known Member

DOTM lots of ports, stable, good engineering and articulation

[​IMG]

Battle Blades, complex and accurate but instable an limited poses and ports

[​IMG]

Evasion mode, needs lots of paint,

[​IMG]

19. Aeronnz

Aeronnz Back in action!

I hear a lot of love for the battle blades version. Shame that I don't have it.

20. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    bb prime > evasion > 2007 movie > dotm ultimate >>>>>>>>> monkey poo >>>>>>>>>>> monkey poo set on fire >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> monkey poo set on fire smeared on your walls >> dotm regular voyager

every proportion on dotm regular voyager is bad... super bulky but tiny arms, small head, chest, then super long legs. ugh. only good thing was the weapon he had.

dotm ultimate was simply, and had a nice headsculpt. too much arm kibble though

2007 was, eh. nice in both modes but could be better, big backpack. good weapons though.

evasion is cool, but the gun is kinda eh as he cant hold it the way you'd hold a shotgun.

bb is everything. guns, blades, detailed, and articulated. he's even got a little matrix!