Best ultra magnus?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Itas, Aug 1, 2020.

1. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Of the ones in your image, Animated followed by Siege or Combiner Wars.

If you include those not shown, I like MP-22 and the Beast Hunters Voyager as well.

Throw in 3rd Party and I like Iron Factory.

As much as I like RID Magnus, I never view him as "Ultra Magnus". Still a good toy though.

2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty much all KO manufacturers operate out of China or Indonesia. And if they're going to cut corners on toy development, they're probably cutting corners elsewhere as well.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    I'm personally quite partial to RID01 Magnus. He may not look like the traditional version of the character and he's a bit of a partsformer, but the robot mode is nice and intimidating, the gun is incredibly cool, and the vehicle mode is gorgeous and can carry practically any three deluxe class cars you can think of. Plus he makes up 1/2 of Omega Prime, far and away the coolest Optimus combination ever designed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

I'm sure the comment will get some hate, but back in the day, my younger son had the TFP figure of Ultra Magnus and I thought it was fantastic. My older son's Animated figure was pretty cool too. I've never been a fan of the original G1 design, so I'm sure that influences my opinion.

Honestly, I prefer "White Optimus" Ultra Magnus better than the thick-legged, red-white-and-blue behemoth that was introduced in the '86 movie. No offense to the purists intended, as I'm typically a very G1-leaning fan myself.

• Like Like x 1
  5. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 Figure Enthusiast

News Credits:
    I had considered replacing my combiner wars version if the earthrise magnus was better but I was mistaken. If you have the PE core upgrade tho on that combiner wars magnus, it’s perfect

• Like Like x 1
  6. evenstaves

evenstaves you maverick renegade

Can only comment on the Magnus's that I have:

- G1
    loved it when I was a kid, but it's a brick w/ arm articulation
    yes it carries cars proper

- Animated
    absolutely badass, pulls off the additional-parts-count mouth/jaw better than Megs imo
    also 1st incarnation of the Magnus Hammer to my knowledge? wicked

- Takara Legends
    didn't grab the CW when it first came out, later when saw all options, opted for the Legends
    this thing a f*ckin' beaut, looks amazing, wish he could hold his guns slightly better
    Magnus Hammer secret mode is neat-o
    Got the PE inner-bot, though never actually installed it (inner bot too much fun)

- Siege
    was gonna skip it, but found it on heavy discount @ DirtCheap, figured why not
    For all the flak this guy gets (siege battle muck, too short, etc) he's fun as hell to play with
    Nice & sturdy (feels like you can really shake him around), and being able to actually piece-meal his armor parts on?
    Means you can put on "only some of them" and get lots of fun looks
    My personal fave is "only wearing the gauntlets & sh*t-kickin' boots"
    Plus if you picked up Galaxy OP (found later at the same shop, NICE), all the armor parts are completely interchangeable, for added fun/baloney
    idgaf that he can't carry cars proper - don't know if I would have paid full price, but for the money I spent, he's a really fun toy

in summary, TK Legends is the beautiful display piece, Siege is the "tableside fiddler" with added play value if got Galaxy OP
    like another guy said, Animated is basically in a category by himself, but still awesome

• Like Like x 2
  7. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Not to start anything or derail the thread since this has been discussed elsewhere, but where do you think Hasbro and Takara have their figures made? Yep, it's China. And they don't own those factories, but contract them. So when they're not making toys for HasTak, they could be producing KO's. (Not saying they are, but they could.)

And back in 2011 there was this report about the factories used by Hasbro and Takara. It was called "Holidays by Hasbro, Transformers from hell" and described in detail how Hasbro allowed Chinese factories to exploit their workersL underpaid, beaten, threatend...

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the second TF Prime Magnus is probably my favorite to pick up and fiddle with. I like siege and CW...but they just don't do it for me.