Best transformers game(on current consoles)

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by transformervic1, Jul 2, 2014.

?

which game best?

1. TF the game

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ROTF the game

16 vote(s)
    32.0%
  3. WFC

15 vote(s)
    30.0%
  4. FOC

19 vote(s)
    38.0%
  5. DOTM the game

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    Kinda tough but, I have A TON of fun with ROTF the game vs the glitchy WFC and even FOC...even though FOC is addicting at times.

2. Menasor

Menasor Jibba Jabberin' Automod

I voted for WoC. I really enjoyed the movie based games that came out before it, but there was something about that G1 type aesthetic that I really loved. Not to mention the characters you can play as, being on Cybertron, there was just so much there for TF fans that it will always be one of my favourite TF games.

3. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    FOC, it's darker tone, it's story was more focused, guns were better looking, just a damn good game.

4. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    ROTF is still fun and I get it out from time to time even now. In fact, it is the only game that I bought for both my PS3 and Xbox 360. What a fun game.

5. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    For the size of the IP there should be more games to choose from.

ROTDS is a pretty crap attempt, they should have just released a pure escalation game and worked on a tight experience.

6. skynet1O1

skynet1O1 Well-Known Member

I loved the interactions in WFC between the 3 playable characters. I still play it a lot.

7. HeyPiRon

HeyPiRon Well-Known Member

It's WFC for me. Co-op campaign, excellent multiplayer, changeable escalation, great TF's design, noir ATMOSPHERE of Cybertron. I just LOVE this game.
    And I don't like weapons design from FOC, WFC is more better, and weapons system are better for me.

8. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    ROTF for me. The gameplay is fast and frenetic and makes transformation a key part of combat.

I find WFC/FOC's generic-over-the-shoulder-shooter-with-occasional-driving-sequence gameplay sluggish and dull in comparison, and the endless TFTM fanwank does nothing for me either.

9. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

WFC easily, the controls were fast, fluid and responsive making for a fantastically competitive multiplayer, the 3 man teams made for great interactions between characters, epic boss battles, it was just vastly superior to FOC, that only improved it on graphics and character customisation, otherwise it was a huge step backwards.

10. unicronic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yes.

I think FOC was a case of being victims of your own success. FOC had a superior story line but if felt more 'on-rails' and the online appeared to have suffered too.

WFC was superb.

I'd love to see a future high moon MP only TF game. Would be easier to accomplish.

11. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I haven't played the first two movie games, so I can't judge them. Hearing so many people pick RotF makes me want to try it, although I'm sure it's aged a lot by now.

I wanted to like WFC best, although in some ways, I enjoyed DotM more, which I was not expecting.

12. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

I still can't understand just how they managed to get it so wrong, I mean surely when looking to make a sequel that improves upon its predecessor, the formula should be incredibly simple - take everything that worked before and add more of it, anything that didn't, first try tweaking and seeing if it can be fixed, if not then get rid of it and try something new. They tried to make each characters role in the story and missions feel unique, but as you say, it simply made the game feel more linear, and also excluded many characters from playing a proper role - a big problem when dealing with a franchise that features HUNDREDS of them.

The big problem was Multiplayer however. Now, I played WFCs for well over a year, and can honestly say that overall it was fast, flexible and a great deal of fun, barring some issues that could easily have been tweaked and fixed, the character classes were for the most part well balanced and all felt competitive, there was a counter for almost everything. All HMS needed to do was add a few more weapons, abilities and killstreaks, and it would have been a great follow up, instead they did the opposite and gutted it, leading to a multiplayer that felt flat and bland by comparison.

I very much agree.

13. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    FOC had the best campaign, with some epic set pieces and some actually quite emotional, moving moments.

ROTF was really fun for it's gameplay, and I love the multiplayer. WFC was a lot of fun, and the Multiplayer and Escalation was great.

The TF1 DS games were great too. The Decepticon side in particular had a great story about what it meant to be a Decepticon, with the power struggle between Megatron and Starscream, plus some great performances from Steve Blum and Keith David.

14. Flaming Matrix

Flaming Matrix Murder claw master

:lol  I love that ROTDS isn't even an option! Part of the reason I came here was to yell at that one guy who would've voted for it! Saying things like "ROTDS was the best! it took everything FOC did, and expanded upon it! 5 new characters? WOOOOOOOOOOOW! The campaign was amazing! I can really relate to Lockdown, because when I was
    out of work
    I too used my reality-warping powers to
    get a job
    ! It ended up getting me punched by a semi truck, JUST LIIIKE HIIIIM!!!

Anyway, my favorite was FOC, but I think they should make more games like ROTF. FOC was great, but it wasn't uniquely Transformers like ROTF. Also, for some reason, no Transformers game dlc since has been able to match the one ROTF had.

15. davidargile

davidargile Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I liked the transformers armarda game that was on the ps2. I think overall it was the best transformers game i played. I know it does state that it be on a current console but i thought it was worth a mention

16. unicronic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    For a future MP TF game add races, famous storylines to reenact eg SOS Dinobots

17. ComfyDeathshot

ComfyDeathshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FOC for me, I prefer having a great campaign over good MP.

18. mrcaino9

mrcaino9 Leakin' Lubricants!!!

WFC for me... but i do have luv in my heart for ROTF & i did enjoy FOC for awhile. The Armada game was really cool too (although on ps2) & from time to time i still play it. These are (imo) the best Transformer games ever made & sadly from the look of things, we'll probably never get anything better (really hope i'm wrong on that)... but anyway, yeah... WFC's my pick.

19. Mechafire

Mechafire Tarnished Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    For campaign: WFC.

For multi: ROTF.

20. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme One of the longest handles in the fandom!

Ebay:
    I voted WFC as I find it the best rounded overall package. Online 3p co-op campaign, multiplayer PvP. I'm also a big escalation fan and this is where it was introduced and done best so far.

RotF seems to have become more popular as time has gone on, or at least I see more people talk about it favorably nowadays. I think the only thing it really lacked was a solid campaign mode. Combat was great though, and I really liked the spring-loaded transformation attacks.

I still need to finish DotM. I remember becoming bored with it. Maybe I'll pick it back up now that I'm thinking about it. I just finished RotDS and it was ok. Its strength is the escalation and single player Cybertron levels. Although it didn't have anything like the set pieces and levels like in WFC with Omega Supreme/Trypticon or in FoC with Metroplex. The storytelling could have been a lot better too.