best toy series?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by HyperD00D, May 25, 2009.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i like Animated and the Movie, but the Movie was really what got me into being an Avid collector, so...

the best is probably Masterpiece, but to get all that have come out so far... hope you have an extra arm and a leg to spare

2. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    My two faves so far, Animated and Movie. (mainly rotf)
    I just havn't really gotten into much else real much. I'll get some classics/universe form time to time, but, they just don't do it for me, idk how to really explain it...

3. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

G1 all the way :thumbs2: 
    MP, Alternators and Encore are all awesome too.

The rest, as most of you know= Junk to me. If I had tons of Animated, I'd unload all of that for G1 stuff-------- OR

I was thinking about making a video of me burning Animated figures that I buy for $1.00 in flea market junk bins, have a fire with Marshmallows and make plastic smores :lol 

Non edible of course. Just have to toss 'em in the fire barrel with some fire crackers in the end. It would be fun though.

4. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Cybertron and Animated are my favorites. Classics is close. Beast Wars and G1 are my picks after that. Alternators is up there as well but it's just too heavy on Autobots, and the nature of the line makes everyone a bit samey.

I really love Robot Heroes and Heroes of Cybertron too. I like Transformers because I like the characters, not just because they're robots that turn into things, and those are some fun representations of them. The low prices made em fun and affordable to collect as well.

Last edited: May 25, 2009
  5. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    G1 is great for what it was, an 80's toy line. If you want the best modern toys with good scale go with this mix: Classics (minus seekers) + Universe Classics (new molds) + Masterpiece Seekers and Gimlock + FansProject City Commander. IMO that line up fits as one unit representing the popular G1 characters.

6. Darth Rodimus

Darth Rodimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well, for G1 you are better to go for Classics/Universe, but I much rather prefer Animated and Movie, If you go Animated, I'd recommend Shockwave(ether version), voyager Prime, Leader Megatron(first version, not the repaint) and Starscream, and for just the connivence, Classics Magnus w/ the FanProject City Commander, it is too awesome to pass up.

7. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

How can you say G1 is best? No disrespect meant, but they're not that great. I'll admit there is a certain charm to them (I WAS thrilled when they reissued Prime, Magnus, and Hot Rod at TRU so I could get some of the toys I never could... being born in '88 and all xD) but still, there are better lines.

Like R.I.D. and Animated. Two best lines ever (well and the Masterpiece line, but there's really only 4 different molds so far lol).

But yeah, go with R.I.D. and/or Animated. Great show-accurate characters and great articulation.