Best TF G1 fight artwork

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Ganondorftm, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Ganondorftm

Ganondorftm Member

Hi guys!

So I recently saw on a youtube video who had a pretty nice wallpaper on the room of Marvel heroes, and that led me thinking about having one on mine of Transformers.
    I might not do this now since I don't have a place on my own, but maybe once I do I might do it :p .

So, what I would like was that someone could show me the best TF G1 fight picture - an artwork that is - from a comic book or elsewhere, and it must have a good resolution (and if it is to cover a wall, it has to have a very big resolution).
    I've seen some pretty pictures but they lack on resolution and they might not be the best ones. Since I knew I would find here people who know about transformers more than I do, I thought about asking for your suggestions.

Thank you in advance :) 

PS: Here's a good picture with low res:
    [​IMG]

2. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    1985 has the most well drawn of the box artworks.

[​IMG]

These three are my personal favorites.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sadly the quality really went down hill in 1989...

[​IMG]

This is decent though I think.

[​IMG]

3. Ganondorftm

Ganondorftm Member

Hello Bass X0.

Many thanks for the reply :) . I had seen those before and I do like them, specially the one with the god ginrai, but I'm more into the art style of the one that I put there. The characters are still G1 but with an updated look and look more adult.
    I found out that the guy who was responsible for that picture and others alike was Don Figueroa, although I think the painting was done by someone else.

There is another great artwork, although I would prefer less confusion and with just one Optimus Prime:
    [​IMG]

4. mmhand

mmhand Well-Known Member

Both of the pictures you like were drawn by don Figueroa during the dreamwave comics era. During that time, they also released some posters and lithographs. I am not sure if high resolution versions exist but I recommend searching for those.

I would actually love high resolution versions of the box art scenes. Anyone know where I can find some?