Best TF comic to start with and your top picks must-read TF comics

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Forever, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Forever

Forever Well-Known Member

What comic would you recommend to someone who has never read any TF comics to start with?

Your top picks TF comics that are must-read?

2. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

Season 1 of MTMTE and Last Stand of the Wreckers are generally considered to be the best thing to have come out of IDW. I don't know much about Marvel or Dreamwave though, read a bit from both of them, nothing stood out as strongly as MTMTE and LSOTW did

• Like Like x 1
  3. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    Marvel G1 is a good starting point IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Agamus

Agamus Not an Iguana

The Enemy Within (Transformers UK #13-17) - The first issues Simon Furman ever wrote. A good introduction to TFUK overall.

Icarus Theory (Transformers UK #45-46) - A personal favorite. The introduction of the character Professor Morris AKA the Centurion, who I think is deeply underrated.

Target: 2006 (Transformers UK #78-88) - Commonly recommended. The first installment in the Time Wars arc, which lasts for most of the Marvel UK run.

Infiltration #0-6 - The definitive beginning of the IDW Transformers 2005 continuity.

Spotlight: Shockwave - The first Spotlight oneshot, and the first issue Nick Roche drew. Introduces some important lore while still being relatively self-contained.

Megatron Origin #1-4 - The first prequel arc in IDW. Not necessarily the best writing, but required reading if you want to understand this version of the character.

Last Stand of the Wreckers #1-5 - Commonly recommended. The first writing credit for MTMTE author James Roberts, co written with Nick Roche.

Chaos Theory (Transformers 2009 #22-23) - The first issues James Roberts wrote solo. Just a conversation between Megatron and Optimus intercut with flashbacks, and somehow two if my favorite issues.

More than Meets the Eye #1-22 / Vol 1-5 / Season 1 - The most common recommendation, probably. This is where I started with IDW, and even detractors of the series overall still gush about the early issues of MTMTE.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy There's no power, greater than X.

• Simon Furman's "Itions" series.
    • All Hail Megatron
    • MTMTE Season 1
    • All the Spotlights prior to MTMTE and RiD
    • Last Stand of the Wreckers

• Like Like x 1
  6. urrutiap

urrutiap Banned

Me personally, the old 1980s Marvel Comics Transformers was and will always be the best Transformers comic book. Period. Back then it was just that main Transformers comic besides the short companion G.I. Joe Vs Transformers.

These days, theres too much crap going on for Transformers comic books even dumb crossovers such as My Little Pony crossing over

• Like Like x 1