Best seekers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Malakhov, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Malakhov

Malakhov Well-Known Member

I have starscream potp and would of liked skywarp and thundercracker exactly like it, i absolutely love that figure but sadly there isnt.

I was wondering what is the best seekers collections out there?

I was maybe thinking about combiner wars thunder/skywarp and even add some like acid storm from legends that has the same mold.

Other options?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

Uh... why not wait for the Siege ones? The new Starscream decimates the PoTP one, which is probably the worst Starscream ever made.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Malakhov

Dont like the spaceship form, has to be a jet.

4. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Best jets? OG G1, in my opinion. Those jet modes are awesome...bots are dated for sure...but the jets are excellent. As for modern CHUGs with actual, you know, articulation, I'm sure someone can offer suggestions as I don't own any of them.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Malakhov

Maybe i could get more potp starscreams and paint them... For me he's perfect.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Honestly, the Classics/Generations line Seekers are the best. They have decent articulation and are fun to transform. If you're willing to shell out for some of them, it will be worth your while.

There are:
    Starscream (white and grey versions)
    Starscream G2 (TFCC exclusive)
    Thundercracker (Either retail or Botcon; though the Henkei version has trouble putting his guns in in robot mode)
    Thundercraker Action Master/G2 (TFCC exclusive)
    Skywarp (Henkei has same problem as Thundercracker)
    Thurst (Either retail or Botcon)
    Dirge (Either retail or Botcon; Botcon one is repaint of Ramjet)
    Ramjet
    Acidstorm
    Nacelle (TFCC exclusive)
    Rainmaker Seeker 3 pack (TFCC exclusive)

• Like Like x 7
  7. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    Can't forget G2 Ramjet.

• Like Like x 1
  8. atomD21

atomD21 Not made of sterner stuff...

If you want bigger figures, the three CW ones are about it. For deluxe, there's the Classics ones.

• Like Like x 1
  9. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's all about what makes you happy, man! And, you ought to be able to get your hands on more of them at fairly reasonable prices. If you like that mold, I say do it.

• Like Like x 2
  10. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Sadly, they don't really exist.

Classics is probably the best design, but is too small and lacks refinement and articulation (ironically i love the Coneheads from the Seeker mold)
    WFC/FOC are just horrible design in both modes
    T30 is kinda cool, but obviously, they're legends. Good for a city bot display.
    Combiner Wars leader class aren't terrible, but they lack the pillars beside the head and have a weird headsculpt. I also hate the hollowed out wing look since they don't invert to the upper part of the wing. They do have nice shelf presence and go well with CW Megatron and the TR 'con leaders. It's what i'm using for the time being. If you are displaying with a full range of figures, they're pretty cool in the back like that. (CW Megs center, Starscream and Soundwave on each side, then Skywarp and Thundercracker flanking them)
    Power of the Primes finally gave me the Voyager Starscream i'd been waiting for since Classics... and he sucked horribly in all 3 modes. Just awful in every regard. Terrible proportions in robot mode, awful jet mode, and the most awkward torso in modern combinerdom. Oh, and those stickers.

but WAIT!!! What's that??? ANOTHER voyager Starscream??? oh, hold on. This one has the entire robot mode hanging off the bottom of the blocky sci fi jet mode with zero attempt to hide it, isn't even accurate to what it's going for in alt mode, and has the entire GIANT alt mode hanging off the back of the robot??? and bad as all that robo kibble is hanging on the bottom, FOR SOME REASON his entire chest is awkwardly stuck to the back of the alt mode??? and he's got one of the worst cases of greebles an the entire line full of too many greebles.

...all they've ever needed to do was take the deluxe and remake it as a voyager with some of the design niceties from the Masterpiece mold. I'd have made it a F-22 for bonus points and a subtle movie tie in.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

I would recommend doing what I'm doing - waiting for a new Earth-Jet Seeker in Generations. It's gotta happen sometime.

Though it doesn't exist yet, a Studio Series version of the Blitzwing/Seeker design also has potential.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Riddler87

Riddler87 semi-retired transformers collector

Honestly I brought the R.I.D. Skywarp over the summer and it is one of my favorite takes on a seeker mold. I'm probably going to pick up the Starscream version of the mold soon because there is just something about the mold that works for me. I gave mine a weathered paint treatment and put him with my Siege figures. Just a pity that they never made a Thundercracker out of this mold.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  13. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Even though it's an outdated mold and a deluxe size, to me nothing beats the Classics Seeker mold in terms of sheer variety of characters made, from official and KO:
    [​IMG]

There's even more beyond the ones in my photo, like TF Collector Club G2 Starscream, Nacelle and KO Gold/silver/black Chromed variants - have to take a new group photo someday!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 9
  14. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

Iron Factory and Mech Fans Toys made some awesome Legends scale Seekers.

• Like Like x 1
  15. maker43

maker43 Member

My biggest issue with the seekers is scale. F-15's are massive. So much bigger than a firetruck, or a semi, etc. And so the seekers should really tower over most Transformers (animation accurate or not). So in that line of thought the masterpiece seekers and maybe the igear air raptors as a modern take are probably the best versions imo.

As far as just good figures go, the recent RiD versions are pretty great. Not looking forward to the Siege Starscream, the alt mode looks pretty weak.

16. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    One of the reasons I like the CW Leaders...

...when it comes to scale, I tend to take a “relative scale” tact, I.e., truck should be bigger then car, jet should be bigger then truck, etc. so deluxe jets kinda bug me.

I like the diaclone cars = Deluxes, Jets = Voyagers of G1, but sadly we’ve never gotten that perfect Voyager seeker to pimp out 6 or 8 or more times...

17. halo4361

halo4361 Float like a butterfly, sting like a manta ray

I personally prefer the FOC mold. I think it's better than the classics seeker mold because they can aim their weapons out forward without getting in the way of the wings. That, and the articulation is great. I don't see myself breaking them either. I'm scared to death of snapping Acid storm's wings.

• Like Like x 3
  18. King Glurch

King Glurch I’m gonna miss you when I’m gone

YouTube (Legacy):
    Honestly there isn't a whole lot this is good officially, beyond the Classics mold, but I plan on getting the new Siege Starscream when he comes out and attaching his limbs and head onto POTP Starscream.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gaigaan Dnok

Gaigaan Dnok King of Daikaiju

Word.
    I still love those figures.

Until they make a new seeker mold that is as good as this one in both modes (preferably at the voyager scale) my classics seekers aren't going anywhere.
    Aside from esthetics, another one of my biggest problems with all versions since, is the lack of options. I don't need all of the ones pictured above (or so I keep trying to tell myself) but I do have the three mains, three coneheads, then Acid Storm, CHMS yellow Sunstorm, and CHMS purple clone. If I replace one, I'll need to replace them all, and I have yet to see an option that would let me do that, regardless of which mold is being used.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thatsjustkreo67

Thatsjustkreo67 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Note to self: buy Universe Starscream

Going with Classics on this one, but My POTP has so many QC Issuses I wouldn’t know. Shame really, I love his combined mode.