Best/quickest place to pre-order 3P

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by olevelo, Jul 15, 2015.

1. olevelo

olevelo Supreme King of All Transformers Earth Wars

For US shoppers, who seems to get the 3P releases the quickest? I'm specifically looking at FT-03 and FT-07. It seems like Toy Dojo has a decent relationship with FT, and I like supporting someone who frequents this site, but Chosen Prime is a little closer so shipping might be a little quicker, plus I'm intrigued by their point system. Right now I have everything with TFsource, but it seems like they're way slow even getting the TT releases. Comments about how quickly they get TT releases are also welcome!

2. dragontype

dragontype Well-Known Member

Toy Dojo is effin awesome. That's a for sure thing.

I also use TFSource. They get a lot of flack but have not done me wrong in the past. Their "rewards" program is lacking though.

I haven't had a problem with stock availability at either place. I personally like to shop Toy Dojo if possible because of customer service.

3. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    Quickest/fastest and sometimes months ahead of others (heh, Warbotron) .. Then that would be BBTS.

ToyDojo and Captured Prey are also good.

4. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    if you are talking about when the product will actually be in stock, not sure. it's all over the place when it comes to retailers.

when it comes to shipping? the chosen prime can't be beat on $150+ orders. they ship same day your preorder comes in stock AND their free shipping on $150+ orders is 2 day priority mail. you cannot beat their ship times on in stock or soon to be arriving preorder product unless you pay the extra for a faster method with another vendor.

and I say that from having used pretty much every vendor under the sun at this point.

5. diecast17

diecast17 Well-Known Member

The Chosen Prime is awesome! 100% recommended!

6. robh

robh Decepticon

BBTS has absolutely amazing customer service. The have helped me out tremendously. Even going so far as replacing figures outside of there standard policy. They also get stock fast. Only downside is no free shipping.

The other cool thing is the have non TFs so I've bought other figures for friends and family through there as well

7. 0ursisthefury

0ursisthefury Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not too many fans of BBTS? I use them exclusively Bc I've had problems with some of my figures and they replaced them right away. I hate that there is no free shipping but they offer me peace of mind when it comes to their products

8. timcrook

timcrook Well-Known Member

I'm not in the US but I'd like to say it feels pretty good to be able to drive to the mall after work and pick up a 3p toy. Thanks a3u :) 

9. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

BBTS is my default place to buy most anything i collect. Sometimes i order new MP cars from Nippon-Yasan, even with shipping, it's cheaper. But, i notice sometimes BBTS hets certain things sooner than others.

They have all the 3P stuff up, i already got my 2nd run Apollyon, some others are still waiting on stock.

10. The Crow

The Crow ARK BUILDER!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    BBTS for me. Amazing customer service!

11. dmond31

dmond31 Well-Known Member

The Chosen Prime is awesome!

12. jream

jream PRO DESIGN

News Credits:
    Ed's done right by me on all my orders!

13. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

BBTS, it's the only online retailer that hasn't screwed up an order on me yet.

14. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Toy dojo.

15. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

I haven't used everybody but TCP is aces. I've heard the same about Toydojo and CP. I think a lot of it comes down to geography...namely which online store's home base is closest to you.

16. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    Honestly, unless early bird pricing is in effect or extremely limited to low quantities, I don't pre-order any third party products these days. Only a few of these have a small window of availability, most are readily available even months after release.

17. olevelo

olevelo Supreme King of All Transformers Earth Wars

Thanks guys. I was mostly referring to wondering if any of the retailers end up getting stuff in significantly earlier than others. For instance, CW Devastator is in stock and shipping on BBTS, but TFsource is still showing August (which worked out for me, because it gave me time to reconsider UW Devastator and find that I'd be able to get him imported!). All of that said, I have $300+ credit on BBTS due to a cancelled order that I need to find stuff to buy with. :/

18. Megadeus

Megadeus Well-Known Member

Well, since you mentioned him, BBTS has UW Devastator up for pre-order as well. They also carry a lot of Japanese exclusives, such as UW Defensor. In addition to that and their good customer service, one thing I really like about BBTS is the ability to cancel a pre-order at any time simply by changing the quantity to 0.

Lately I have been heavily considering Toy Dojo though. They're located just the next state over from me so I figure I might get their shipments a tiny bit faster and also just to support the small local retailers. But then I remember how invested I am in BBTS already with the large number of pre-orders I already have and my growing Pile of Loot stacking up. What good would faster shipping do me if I'm just going to let it accumulate for three months anyway?

19. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'll simply plug our sponsors here. Each sponsor here has to be in good standing to advertise with us. Each of these stores get the same preorder solicitations and such. It's simply a matter of picking who you want to do business with.