Best Optimus Prime origin

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Lucas35, Oct 26, 2015.

?

Best Optimus Prime origin

1. Optimus Prime was originally Orion Pax, a young dock worker with a girlfriend named Ariel

36.1%
  2. Gladiator champion of Iacon he shared a sporting rivalry with a champion from Tarn called Megatron

5.3%
  3. Optimus Prime started life as Optronix, Hardwired a data archivist at the Vaults

10.2%
  4. Optimus Prime was originally known as Orion Pax, a police captain from Rodion

40.2%
  5. Optimus Prime was created along with your brother Ultra Magnus by Alpha Trion

4.9%
  6. A washout from the Cybertron Elite Guard , Optimus Prime was reassigned to space bridge repair duty

23.4%
  7. He are last surviving descendant of the Dynasty of Primes, he was the leader of Science Division

7.0%
  8. Trained by Scavenger and Landmine he ascended to Autobot leadership

4.5%
  9. Orion Pax (an of Thirteen) was a clerk in the Iacon Hall of Records by Alpha Trion

25.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TF rocks

TF rocks Try and stop me!

I prefer the original origins, but if I put in other origins, I get a hybrid of sorts.

What I tend to think is that at one point Optimus was a simple dock worker who had his girlfriend Ariel, but after a while, he decided to move into police work when Ariel was attacked by a few mechs and nearly left her for dead. He gained a reputation in Rodion and got a recommendation to join the Elite Guard Academy, but after a certain incident with his rival Sentinel, got expelled and was forced into the ranks of the regular army as a grunt.

However, Orion Pax gained the interest of one old warhorse, Landmine, and began to train him because the new grunt had potential to be a great fighter, if not leader. Orion rose through the ranks and eventually became a commander. During this time, he found Scavanger and befriended him, only for said mech to turn against the Decepticons and become an Autobot spy as well as Pax’s mentor. As the war goes on, Pax becomes the Autobot Commander not just because of his exploits on the battlefield, but also because he pushes through the ranks and shows a talent for leadership that his rival doesn’t have.

• Like Like x 1
  2. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    I hate all the aligned universe related origins.
    Animated OP has a good origin, but he ain't no Optimus Prime.
    I haven't seen the other origins apart from G1.

I like G1 the best.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Eclisses

Eclisses Communication is a funny thing...

I'll have to go with IDW OP as well. Just another street beat climbing to his current status with his ability and personality. Great version of Optimus.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Sunbow or Animated but I lean more towards Sunbow. Blue collar hero.

• Like Like x 2
  5. raindance773

raindance773 Well-Known Member

Like @Haywired said, a blue collar guy who became something more because he was needed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    I prefer the ordinary Archivist, and non-divine, origin. Though Optronix isn't a good name; I prefer Orion Pax.

7. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

I don’t think you do

And please don’t think me presumptuous but based on your hybrid it seems you completely dismiss the original

This is what I mean
    This in no way reflects the original

Which G1 do you like best?

• Like Like x 1
  8. gibdozer

gibdozer Love Gun

I'm also a fan of the original mysterious warrior from Iacon origin. I'd also like to see an homage to his original alt mode in toy form someday.

• Like Like x 1
  9. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

Ebay:
    Decades ago late at night Chuck Norris was having sex with a woman close to a tractor trailer. When the magical moment arrives and Chuck climaxes a splash of his seed lands on the exposed engine block....this tractor trailer is now know across the galaxy as Optimus Prime.

That is the best origin.

• Like Like x 4
  10. crystalarcee

crystalarcee i exist i guess

:thumb 

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dark Starscream

Dark Starscream w/Powermaster Cobra Cmdr.

Spoiler alert: IDW Prime is the Arisen, one of the 13 Primes.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dark Starscream

Dark Starscream w/Powermaster Cobra Cmdr.

I preferred this origin too, especially because it doesn't establish Optimus Prime as "the One." Transformers the movie established Hot Rod as "the One", and at the time, Optimus Prime was never going to be brought back, and was never going to open the Matrix.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Reask

Reask Predacon

My god that's an old ass quote of mine. XD

While he claimed to be The Arisen to Arcee in the final issue of Unicron, he never explained that properly, and she didn't believe him because she knew the Thirteen Primes. My quote aged badly at the end though because while he didn't want anybody to worship him as a god specifically, he still exploited that belief in people that saw him as The Arisen.

The point of the Arisen plotline wasn't to add an origin in for Optimus, but rather to show us how he used that identity, true or false, to achieve his goals.

• Like Like x 2
  14. streak2

streak2 Well-Known Member

I prefer Optimus with a more humble background as a dock worker or as a librarian/data archivist, but as a cop is fitting too.

• Like Like x 1
  15. CountDrunkula

CountDrunkula Sturdy Beard

News Credits:
    All of the OP origins are equally valid*.

*excepting anything to do with Kiss Players.

16. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I like Orion Pax, the clerk, but would want to keep other aspects of the dockworker origin like Ariel.

17. Whomps

Whomps Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Orion Pax as a Clerk/Librarian, I think it helps explain his wisdom and where it came from

• Like Like x 2
  18. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

Optronix FTW. Although I never liked that name. OP's name originally having "tron" in it just seems so darn wrong. He coulda been called Optix and I'd be happy.

19. MishMash

MishMash Well-Known Member

After reading through the Transformers: Exodus novels many times when I was younger. The Aligned Optimus is just my favorite origin and the one I'll default to. We have many different interpretations of Prime, such as the Animated Prime. And as good as that origin is for that version of Prime that they try to portray, there's just something I genuinely enjoy about the portrayal of "The Optimus Prime" that I always enjoyed being portrayed as a simple "librarian" in the Hall of Records, and how it highlights Optimus' character and morals in juxtaposition to Megatron's gladitorial origins. It's a good origin that establishes who he is.

I don't really get the hype for the Orion Pax dockworker origin, since aside from the G1 cartoon, really doesn't add a lot to his character other than being an "Average Joe", which other origins have done as well.

• Like Like x 1
  20. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I'm unclear on what being a librarian adds to his character.