Best online store for pre-orders

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by shunOptimusPrime, Apr 12, 2020.

1. shunOptimusPrime

shunOptimusPrime Member

I'm looking for opinions on the best online store to pre-order from. I've only pre-ordered one figure, but it hasn't been released yet (Azalea recolor from BBTS). I prefer not to pay until the item is in stock and ready to ship. Also would be great to get estimates on shipping ahead of time. Seems like BigBadToyStore.com is a safe bet, but their prices are $5-15 higher than sites like ToyWiz.com. I'm mostly interested in Transformers Masterpiece figures, but also collect Marvel, DC, Star Wars, etc, on occasion. Thanks for the advice!

PS: Would be interested in opinions on pre-ordering 3rd party new and reissues from overseas, too. Like XTransbots Kup or Scourge, which could be a ways off from production.

• Like Like x 1
  2. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

BBTS hasn’t done me wrong yet. But, lots of people love Toy Dojo and The Chosen Prime as well. Hasbro Pulse should be reliable (and have been for me) but they seem to get stuff in later than many places. For 3P stuff, BBTS, Toy Dojo and The Chosen Prime are good choices...as is Show.Z (there is a Show.Z thread in the 3P forum in which one of their managers is very active...Show.Z seems to consistently get high praise from its customers).

3. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    BBTS is great overall but they seem to have trouble with 3P legends in my (limited) experience.

For 3P legends I usually go with Robo Toy Base and ShowZ.

4. mikequillm

mikequillm Well-Endowed Member

News Credits:
    Depends on where u live. Showz does free shipping to USA.

• Like Like x 2
  5. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

Only currently they charge $7 shipping fee because of the airlines being so restricted, but it will go back to free once flights out of China start picking back up.

I am using ShowZ more and more these days as they often have all the same 3P content others do, not so much the mainline stuff. But their customer service gets 12 out of 10 stars from me. They price-lock you into the lowest cost when you put down the deposit, their deposits are usually $1-$3, and usually they even discount the same amount of the deposit off the final price (you put down $3.00 and they shave another $3.00 off the final tag).

Their only drawback is China snailmail shipping but hey, you've waited this long, what's another couple of weeks?

• Like Like x 1
  6. bigwhitey21

bigwhitey21 Well-Known Member

I love The Chosen Prime. No issues when canceling and you can make payments on preorders. Also their customer service is top notch! I used to use BBTS almost exclusively, but their shipping takes sooo long. TCP usually ships same day or next day.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Hawkwave

Hawkwave Well-Known Member

US sellers: Chosen Prime and Toy Dojo (Prefer Chosen Prime due to their point system, which is better than TFsources) Both are great though
    My preferred store however is Showz.

Pros:
    • Usually cheapest price
    • Double deposit discount
    • Point system for increased savings
    • Great customer service
    • Very active presence in their forum thread, answers questions daily

Cons:
    • Slow, you wait longer due to shipping and sometimes figures hit the states before they hit China (Fans Toys), Right now there is a huge bottle neck at the airports for shipping (corona)
    • If there is an issue you have to wait for items (repair parts) to be shipped from China.
    • Right now charging shipping ($7) due to increased cost (corona) its usually free.
    • This is not really a con but if you wait on pre-ordering cost can increase.

The pre-order cost increase can be somewhat disheartening. You feel like you missed out on a great deal. For instance I pre-ordered studio cell for around $250 and now its $320. Its still not the $400 they are charging in the states. But $70 more than if you had jumped on it early.

I order a lot of my figures directly from Taobao. Showz is often charging a very small mark-up with shipping cost factored in. So if the prices are close I will always op to go with showz (especially on pre-orders) because I trust their customer service and know I don't have to worry. If something goes wrong with a taobao order its harder to get it resolved and I just don't want the headache. On taobao there is almost always a discount given to people who pre-order. Its usually a couple dollars, but its nice to have and I think it might be coming from the factory. Showz seems to be the only retailer who sells directly to the states who passes on this discount through their double deposit system.

• Like Like x 1
  8. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bbts carries a lot less 3P than they used to. If they don't list a 3P release, don't assume they'll get it. They also seem to be the last to get anything in and shipped anymore (not always, but frequently). Their customer service used to be exceptional, now it's a bit of a crap shoot (I've had multiple problems with it).

I used to use them almost exclusively. Still use them, but less than half the time.

Chosen Prime has become my most used US seller. Finding a good seller for chineee 3P and KO is a bit dodgy. But I seem to end up with either showz, TF-direct or sirtoys (mostly for kos- he carries more than anyone else and is slower than he'll, but very reliable with outstanding customer service).

9. Kevin Iaquinto

Kevin Iaquinto Saving the World, 1 VPN at a time...

News Credits:
    Chosen Prime is the best for in the states. I’ve met Brandon and he’s a great guy. For less than official figures, ShowZ is the best site.

• Like Like x 3
  10. shunOptimusPrime

shunOptimusPrime Member

This is all super helpful, thank you for all the replies!

I like seeing similar answers from multiple people. Added notes to my Google doc and pre-ordered some figures from ShowZ.

Follow up question - I'm eyeing the Wiejeng Omega Supreme and Jinbao Oversized Devastator. Seems like eBay is the only place to find those. Even there, it's tricky to weed through all the offerings. I guess... start with bababobo, and take a chance elsewhere if necessary? Not sure if I have room for them on the shelf, but those are my preferred big boys for sure.

11. RustyScreamer

RustyScreamer Lurkin everyday, rarely postin

I truly hope they go back to free shipping. If their current their current rates figure price/shipping continue, I’ll most likely start purchasing from NA retailers again.