Best of the best MP 'cons?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by batfan007, Nov 16, 2016.

1. The New Guy

The New Guy Well-Known Member

DX9 Gewalt (Astrotrain) is an amazingly impressive figure. Really interesting and not overly complex transformation, with an amazing robot mode and really nice alt modes too. Pretty much ticks all the boxes for me in making a great figure.

I really like Takara Shockwave as well. i own Quakewave and Quakeblast too and enjoy the chunky ascetic which feels more like the comic book Shockwave who i always liked, but the Takara version is far more fun for me to transform and I think the lower body is a clear improvement on the other two. Plus, the eye has the best light piping I've yet seen.

Still very happy with MT Visualisers and DX9 Chigurh too.

Oh, and can't forget about Takara Laserbeak and Buzzsaw. The way they engineered that transformation to fully integrate the guns is just genius.

2. Weezie

Weezie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't recommend the MP-11 mold for the prices that Takara is asking for it anymore. Get the KO if you can, or wait for Maketoys' Howling Meteor. If TT is putting out products that match Thrust in quality, it's just not worth it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Large

Large Currently blablabla

News Credits:
    Also, the MMC DJD guys are all kind of awesome.

[​IMG]

And masterpieces to me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DR3ST4

DR3ST4 Vaudeville Villain

My list of cons to own in my opinion...

XTB Apollyon (i realy want to like mp-36 Megs but need to see him in hand, if i do Apollyon will probb be transformed for the first time and will stay that way or gets a premium spot from the others).
    FT Spotter.
    FT Insecticons.
    BC Insecticons (for alt mode).
    Has/tak not MP Insecticons (for alt mode also ya cant have enough insecticons imo troopbuilding ftw, hurry up with that kickback tho and hoping takara wil chance him abit not a fan of the yellow wings).
    MP-29 Shockwave or FT Quakewave (duno i like mp-29 better for some reason but the other is good for alt mode).
    MP-13 Soundwave.
    MMC Jaguar (hurry up with the others plz!)
    BB7 YM Seekers (hoping Starscream wont take to long hopefully somewhere mid december the other two are extremely good sofar and outshine my MP-11s Sunstorm).

For the rest i'm probb forever waiting on FT to come with there Blitzwing and hopefully Astrotrain at some point and also waiting for the FT Constructicons and hopefully the Combaticons and Stunticons at some point from FT.
    I'm a Fanstoys fanboy nothing can compare imo, and would like FT Sky/Jetfire as a buddy for Starscream like in the toon. :) 
    As you see my list is all pre movie i could not get into the whole Galvatron bla bla etc and missed Megs, thank god they implemented zombie Prime and Starscreams ghost.
    MMC Sphinx could be cool as a cerebro shell minion for Bombshell tho also like in the toon :D  and the MMC Insecticons ofc to further strengthen my swarm!
    my 2cents...

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  5. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    As already said, THIS IS NOT A THREAD for pointless arguing about the merits of what you personally think is MP quality, take that shit elsewhere man!

If someone wants to recommend something, then that is good enough for me, and that is why I started the thread.

If this sort of thing continues I'll just ask a mod to lock the thread because THAT IS NOT WHAT IT IS FOR.

So please the for sake of SANITY, everyone play nice.
    If you like something, recommend it, and stop hassling other people's choices.

Thanks to everyone so far for their suggestions, amended first post asking people to please recommend the toys they like, and stop bagging other people's choices, I have less than zero interest in that pointless tangent.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  6. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    Ohh, is THAT who that is. I was starting to think it was some kind of steam punk Rung.
    DOH.
    and to think I was just reading those comics a few weeks back.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Large

Large Currently blablabla

News Credits:
    This is very much the one and only him indeed!
    And who knew Murasaki ninja improved this much as disguise ?

[​IMG]