Best Movie Villian

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by hyruk, May 6, 2015.

?

Which Movieverse Villian is the best?

1. Megatron /Galvatron

13 vote(s)
    11.0%
  2. Starscream

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  3. Lockdown

62 vote(s)
    52.5%
  4. Sentinel Prime

33 vote(s)
    28.0%
  5. The Fallen

3 vote(s)
    2.5%
  6. Shockwave

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Devastator

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Driller

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Brawl (Not-Devastator)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Blackout or Grindcore Guy

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  11. Ooh...Almost Forgot SOUNDWAVE

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  12. Other (You name it)

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

Can't argue with that logic. Unless you like the films.

2. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

When did he say "our race and our home"? Before shooting Ironhide, he says "for the sake of our planet's survival" and just after transporting the Decepticon invasion force, says "Cybertron, our home". The only time he mentions his race, that I can find, is just before his death, and even then it doesn't match your quote. Plus, by that time, he clearly established he wanted to save his planet. The race he wanted to save was the Cybertronian race, not the Autobots specifically.

The Decepticons still needed him at that point. Only Sentinel could control the pillars, and transport Cybertron.

3. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    I got that he was a mercenary. All the other stuff about him taunting Optimus during his capture was a bit more ambiguous. *shrug* Way to get worked up over the small stuff.

4. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I only remember him mentioning the planet once, maybe twice during that whole movie. The rest of the time he was constantly talking about saving their race while killing them.

Also I never gave an exact quote. If I did I would of put it in quotation marks. :p 

5. soundwaverulls

Oh, that wasn't an exact quote. Well, I suggest you rewatch the film and refresh your memory on the exact quotes (or if you can't stand it, like me, just look up the clips on YouTube). I've found three clips where he mentions Cybertron, while only one that mentions his race.

6. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I can't stand it because of him. You may of only found one clip but I'm sure if you watched the whole movie he mentions their race way more often than their home.

7. soundwaverulls

Oh, no. I ain't rewatching the film. I hate everything about it but Sentinel. Besides, almost every scene of his, after his betrayal, is on YouTube. Watching more of them, I've found two more mentions of Cybertron, but still no mentions of their race. Plus, the Autobots are a faction, not a race. Even if the 'Bots die, and the 'Cons win, his race still survives.

8. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

That's not entirely true. In the G1 Cartoon they specifically refer to them as different races. They've also been refereed to as races in the Unicorn Trilogy with the Mini-cons being introduced as a third race. That hasn't really be stated specifically any other time that I know of but it is entirely possible that in the movie universe the Autobots and Decepticons are different races. It would explain why there's such a drastic difference in their designs if they were intended to be different races.

9. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

I've seen the entire movie recently enough to know that he mentions Cybertron three our four times, but I don't recall him ever talking about his race.

G1 and the Unicron Trilogy... which are a completely different continuity than the movies... Optimus even mentioned in the first movie that everyone lived in harmony before Megatron betrayed them, and I believe even stated that they were once a peaceful race. As in one.

10. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I did say that I was using the examples just to show it was possible as it's been said before. Also I'd like to point out that "race" has a dual meaning. Like we all belong to the human race but there are several different races among us. The same could be said of the Transformers. Even in G1 and the Unicron Trillogy they are all the same race meaning they are all Cybertronians however they are also different races meaning Autobots or Decepticons.

The second meaning doesn't really apply to humans in the same way it applies to Cybertronians. Mainly because of the fact that they can change where as we can't. Caucasian and African are two different races but they are also both part of the human race. I'm not sure how the different races applies to the Unicron Trillogy but in G1 it could be said that the Decepticon race are the descendants of the original Gladiator robots built by the Quintessons while the Decepticon faction are those who actually believe in the cause despite what function they were originally built for. So basically consumer goods would always be considered part of the Autobot race even if they join the Decepticons giving both Autobot and Decepticon a dual meaning as well.

It depends on the context they're being used in as to which of the different meanings they're actually talking about. Optimus saying that they were a peaceful race, meaning one would only mean the Cybertronian race which they are all a part of even if Autobots and Decepticons are two different races due to the dual nature of the word.

Now having said that, I don't really like the idea that the Autobots and Decepticons are different races because it kind of makes them sound racist when they're always fighting each other. However weather I like it or not that's how they've officially been described. Though again they don't really go into much detail about what the actual difference is between the two races beyond G1 when Autobots were consumer goods and Decepticons were gladiators. Also the Mini-cons are obviously a lot smaller which seems to be their only defining trait as a race but then there's no clear difference between Autobot and Decepticon other than the insignia which they could easily just change.

11. Exocyte

Exocyte Jaeger

Lockdown. His cold demeanor just exudes the real villian in him - the bounty hunter who kills without question or conscience.

12. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you told me two years ago that Lockdown would become one of the best Transformer Villains ever, I wouldn't have believed you.

But honestly I prefer Galvatron, he has that sort of 80's villain aspect that G1 Megs had.

13. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    I could have believed it until the part where they mentioned it would be without Lance Henricksons lungs! :) 

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Mark Ryan exceeded all my expectations as Lockdown. I thought this was almost a miscast and he ends up giving the best performance well tied with John Goodman as Hound of course.

15. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Putting the ‘Bi’ in Bionicle.

News Credits:
    I personally don't care for those "cold and calculating" type baddies. If I had to pick someone who wasn't megatron, it would be Galvatron. Shame he was wasted potential.

16. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Sentinel Prime has to be. He didn't just show that he was allied with the Decepticons, but he went and killed Ironhide from out of the blue. A massive shock, and no doubt the best twist in Transformers history!

17. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

Optimus Prime is not there.

18. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

Of the movies I've seen, I'd say Sentinel Prime...he was the only big bad of the first three NOT to be a snarling, frothing lunatic.

Haven't seen AoE, so I can't really judge Lockdown's merits, such as they may be.

19. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

Bay.

20. Lord Tron

Lord Tron Well-Known Member

This isn't a hard question at all first i honestly think anyone who puts bay, the actors or the writers should just have their comment deleted sorry but one it's not original, two it doesn't further the topic and actually delays maybe even throw it off completely and three it could eventually cause an argument that could overtake the thread just answer the question or don't reply.

As for the answer undeniably Megatron no questions asked, why read my first post and you'll see but in short everything the decepticons have accomplished since his resurrection in Revenge has been solely because of his cunning and planning dark he manipulated Optimus with ease and executed most of his plan with minimum effort Age he played everyone for saps

he also has quite a few accomplishments under his belt, killing Jazz, Optimus and Sam, nearly killing Sentinel and convincing him to betray the autobots in the first place and the manipulation he pulled in dark tricking Optimus into reviving Sentinel and Age using the humans to build him a new body, army and deliver the seed directly to him with all parties in both movies being completely oblivious to his intentions

Megatron is simply the most dangerous villain in the franchise whenever he shows up the end of the world isn't far behind and there's a 100% certainty that people are going to die and a pretty good chance autobots are going to die

he is also the most interesting and fleshed out villain with a complete character arc across all the movies and some real character development Megatron is probably the second most interesting character in the movies second only to Optimus as it should be

I guess that really wasn't short anyway whenever i hear he is going to appear in a movie it excites me and i wonder where they are going to take him now because each movie his role is completely different for me that is really exciting so Megatron comes out on top and from my perspective was there ever any doubt not for me, All Hail Megatron!