Best Movie-Verse Villian?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Starker, Sep 19, 2014.

?

Best villian

Poll closed Oct 19, 2014.
  1. Megatron (TF1,TF2,TF3)

10.1%
  2. Sentinel Prime

16.8%
  3. The Fallen

0.8%
  4. Galvatron

0.8%
  5. Lockdown

71.4%
  1. Starker

Starker Well-Known Member

After 4 films of Transformers, there have been several interesting villains; today I ask you, for you, what has been the best villain, and the worst villain?Personally, I think that Lockdown is the best and that the Fallen is the worst

2. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    All but The Fallen are great characters and villains. Gonna go with either Sentinel or Lockdown.

3. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Can't decide between Sentinel and Lockdown...

4. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Megatron was cool, I liked him in DOTM. He should have been his 2007 self in ROTF and DOTM though because he was quite strong.

The Fallen had a good menacing evil back story, but sucked in the end.

Sentinel was quite good. He was a very well drawn out villain and we know why he betrayed Optimus. He was strong, quick and very powerful, It took both Optimus and Megatron to take him out, well probably just Megatron :3 He's not my favourite though.

Galvatron, whom we haven't seen much of is cool, I love his design, voice and his ability to not give a shit about 'fear'. I'm looking forward to more of him. I suspect he's quite like his 2007 self again.

Lockdown. Lockdown doesn't need an explanation. Lockdown.

5. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Love them all, but have to go with Lockdown...

6. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    They are all great but I gotta go with Megatron.Lockdown is badass but he is just not ......Megatron

7. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lockdown followed by Sentinel. They were exactly that: villians. Not necessarily 'evil' or 'baddies', but credible villainous adversaries.

8. Autobots14

Autobots14 I'm pregant Trevor

Does Creators count? I choose Lockdown and then Sentinel.

9. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

My opinion on all from worst to best.

#5 for me is by far Megatron. He doesn't even deserve to be compared to the other villains, not even the Fallen. Megatron should have been the next big movie villain in pop culture, compared to the likes of Vader, Terminator, Joker, Loki, etc. Instead, like everything else in the films, everyone forgot about him, despite being in every damn film. Why? Because he's terrible. He's a generic monster who's always unimportant and fighting others for screen time, not even being his own master. He's not good at tactics and gets weaker every film until it got to the point where he simply chooses to sit out of the final battle then gets killed in a matter of seconds. Not to mention he let a human talk him into defeating his own side. They play him as being a black and white villain despite trying to save his own race, which just wastes potential.

#4 is the Fallen. He had some great build up and back story. I love ROTF's world building, although the idea that the original Transformers were around at the same time as humans is stupid. Unfortunately, he doesn't have much in terms of personality. He has a weakness to Primes that makes no sense. His telekinesis was awesome but wasn't used much. Not to mention, this power is forgotten in his big battle, where the one who could stand up to all the other original Primes, is beaten by Optimus in a Seeker's corps in less than two minutes. While he did end up being an anticlimax, at least he wasn't the main villain of the franchise.

#3 is actually, Galvatron but only because this thread's poll doesn't count him as Megatron. Galvatron wasn't totally weak but still didn't seem on par with Optimus. His voice was less monstrous as well as his design although that was incredibly generic and his chest hole is a cliche for modern robot designs. He also sat out the entire final battle, in which he only gave the order to flank the Autobots.

#2 is where Lockdown is stuck for me. He was incredibly cool and doesn't deserve to be compared to the previous three because he is so much better than them. He had a tool for every task. A binocular thing, a hook, a blade or two, a gun, rocket launchers and a rocket sniper, the last of which he was unbelievably skilled at, disabling opponents but never killing them. He was really good at stealth and made himself distinct by being very calm and restrained. Unfortunately, his dialog is absolutely terrible and while Mark Ryan's voice isn't as bad as that of a Decepticon, it's nowhere near as cool as Lance Henriksen's. I don't like his design either. It's too generic and his little legs and big head look strange.

#1 is Sentinel for me, partly because he's great, partly because of personal opinion. Sentinel is who Megatron should have been. He has the same motives as him and the Fallen but they're played up more, making him less original but giving him more depth. He just wants what's best for Cybertron. It also helps his dialog makes sense. Not to mention, he is a great combatant and given a lot of focus, unlike Megatron. You could say he stole it from him but Megatron wasn't given much focus in any of the films and was already suffering villain decay. For me, the only good fights scenes in all of DOTM are the ones involving Sentinel. This all makes him a great rival for Optimus Prime. Plus, for anyone who didn't have his reveal as a villain spoiled, it must have been a great twist. Then to finish it all off, he had a pretty awesome design. However, I will admit, as great as he was, I can see how Lockdown could possibly be considered better.

10. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    I'm 90% sure this is the third thread about it. But my vote goes to Lockdown for the sheer coolness factor.

11. Skyclaw

Skyclaw 6 Types of Madness!

For me, I would have to go with Lockdown. Bounty Hunters have all tricks of the trades to get the job done. Then followed by Sentinel Prime, quick and powerful, but yet he let his own weakness get the best of him. Otherwise, I believe Sentinel Prime could have taken out both Prime and Megatron. That's me.

12. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    Lockdown would be indeed the one I would call the best. The instant he first appeared he was awesome and just moments after that we have the event that instantly displayed him as a villain, that being we he took out Ratchet.

As for worst villain, I'd probably say The Fallen. He didn't really do anything noteworthy. He only had one fight with Optimus. But he was absent throughout the majority of the movie.

13. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hhmm as much as I love Lockdown I really gotta go with Sentinel Prime. He gave the bots hell on earth and even after death still cause problems. Outta all villians he actually managed to do good damage while the others didn't do shit.

14. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Lockdown because he's the only one that's been done correctly.

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Best movie-verse villain?

I'm going to have to go with Michael Bay since I can't think of any other force in Transformers to divide fans so bitterly that the Autobot/Decepticon war seems to be just a minor misunderstanding in comparison.

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Lockdown.

and he's not really the big bad type. Sentinel is a close second.

The rest meh.

17. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

:lol :thumb 

So now the question is: Who could be the Hero to Bay's Villain? :tongue: 

18. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I voted Lockdown. He was almost everything a villain should be. If you ask me who would be second, I really couldn't give you one. For me, Megatron should be numero uno, but was relegated to a poor sidekick after the first movie. The Fallen had a lot of potential, but was anti-climatic in the end. Sentinel was just an all around douche nozzle even though the wonderful Leonard Nimoy voiced him. I know others liked him and I respect that. I just never found him all that intimidating. Galvatron didn't have enough focus for me to really make a solid opinion on. Of course, this is all just my personal opinion.:) 

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Pretty much.

20. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    Lockdown wins immediately for having clear motivation, character-driven dialogue, and straight-up style points.