Best Megatron design

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by KeatonBale, Jun 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Well, the ISU is a tank destroyer, which is design to hunk and kill other tanks, that why it earned the name of "Beast Slayer", because it killed Tigers and Panthers dead. It was also used as a support infantry vehicle, design to take out bunkers and other fixed emplacements.

Tank destroyers arenĀ“t a thing now because ATGMs can do what these did in WWII for cheaper (tho a direct hit from a 152 mm shell would still cripple most medium tanks of the day). It still is an imposing design and quite fitting of Megatron with the huge 152mm gun.

2. NathanS

NathanS Well-Known Member

I was mainly looking at through more modern terms. Where assault guns, tank destroyer, and the different classifications of tanks have all been brought together into the MBT.

3. TFan2013

TFan2013 Energon Seeker

Erm... that's a toughie.

I'm going to say TFP's Megatron is best. He looks like a guy who could be gladiator from the pits of Kaon. And he's jet built with armor like a tank. Only downside is he's got corny "evil guy" sharp teeth while most everyone else doesn't seem to suffer such dental problems. :lol 

4. Ghilz

Ghilz Derpticon

And Somewhere, Shockwave Cries.

In all seriousness, Megatron being a gun is lame. At least as cannon Galvatron was badass. And if you had to make him a gun, make him an intimidating one, like a shotgun, Assault rifle, mini gun, rocket launcher, something big. Not a dainty peashooter like a Walter p38. That's just sad. Sure, there's the nazi connection, but you could make him a Mauser C96 for the same effect and he'd be more memorable and iconic looking. Even Shockwave was more intimidating by virtue of that unique cyclops head, and a future gun mode that looked threatening.

I do wish we'd get more cannon Galvatron sculps. Seriously, where's a CHUG or MP Galvatron (That is a cannon).

I do have to add Animated to my beloved Megatron designs. He is shweet!!!!!

5. darkunor

darkunor Banned

Hahahaha, my bad, I just never cared for Shockwave, I always totally seem to forget about him, my bad!

To each his own, really, I guess the point I was making earlier is the hypocrisy of the whole mass shifting thing, whereas NathanS also pointed out that it was due to him being held by someone else and if this is the case, any of those weapons you mentioned will still come under flak from the majority of the TFW that are interested in half-truths.

To each his own, like I said Megatron being a gun doesn't affect me in the slightest given all the hoopla that goes on the TF universe!

6. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Here's a muse; what if DOTM Megatron's shotgun IS G1 Megatron, lost in another dimension and disguising himself as an alternative's gun to gain information?! :bay 

7. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    It doesn't help that the (earlier) comic and animation designs for Megatron were based on this other far cooler toy design rather than the one we finally got:
    [​IMG]

Ten seconds into this toy advert:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  8. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I know it's the nostalgia talking but I love gun mode the best.

9. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Beast Wars Transmetal Megatron is my second favorite. Being able to transform into a dinosaur isn't as lame as a tank or cybertronian jet which is what most Megatrons turn into.

10. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    You know I totally want to see a G1 inspider/looking Megatron that turns into a white T-rex or a Spinosaurus or something. Megatron rocked the dino mode better than any dinobot and it wold be wicked cool to see that again in that mode imho.

11. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    Very, very early TransTech Megatron concept art.

[​IMG]

This is awesome looking and I would love to see something like this in a future series.

12. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Wow, he looks so sinister.

13. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I love this idea, I quite adore this idea, Spinosaurus is so cool, I want to see this idea, take my money already.

14. AAarcher221

AAarcher221 NomDePlume: Jimmy Rustler

Personally, I love the Galaxy Force Megatron design. Mainly because David Kaye can make it sound good.

15. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just WFC.

Just WFC.

16. Vaikyuko

Vaikyuko Transmetal

Transmetal Megatron is easily the best, IMO. Represents all that is iconic about his character while reinventing the design aesthetically and palette-wise.

As for classical styling, it's hard to say -- I adore War for Cybertron's oddly chunky and triangular body, but the head leaves something to be desired. I also very much like Prime's rendition, though I wish the vehicle mode looked a little more vehicular and less "I am a bunch of knives taped together" (although that's cool in its own right, hah).

17. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

It's based on Megatron's movie design so what do you expect? Animated was the best so it's a mystery to me why they chose to go back to the movie one.

18. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    Money.

19. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    It's a toss up between Cybertron/Galaxy Force and G2 for me.

20. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Hmm....favorite Megatron......

G2
    Animated
    Transmetal
    and maybe DOTM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.