Best Large Scale Movie Figures

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    So I just pulled the trigger on Jetwing Prime from Amazon cause the price was too good to resist.

I figure I want to give him a good partner or two, so I was wondering, what is the best mold to get for the movie guys? I want to get them in the largest size possible, since I only plan to have 3 or 4 figures in total.

What I was thinking was:
    - Costco Bumblebee
    - Leader Class Ironhide

Are those correct? Like I said, I don't want a huge collection of these, just the best of the best in the biggest size possible.

2. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Costco Bumblebee? Whats that?

Best large scale Bumblebee was HFTD Battle Ops Bumblebee, bar none.

Another fantastic Movie Leader was '07 Brawl, but I think he's quite pricey these days.

Personally I would think about getting HA Bumblebee, HA Jazz and that ilk, because they would be (roughly) in scale with your Jetwing Optimus.

3. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Costco Bee is a gold chromoe version of Ultimate Bee that came with a couple legends figs. It was floating around teh discount store last Christmas.

And jeez, how do i say no to Jetwing Prime at that price????

4. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wasn't the Costco one the Cyber Ops/Battle Ops Bee with a shiny paintjob? That one looked cool, definitely.

Do you only want Autobots or also Decepticons? Leader Starscream is a great figure, my favorite big movie mold together with ROTF Optimus. Sentinel Prime is also pretty good if you can look past his terrible paintjob (or lack of).

I don't agree with Brawl being that good. Most people really like him, but I think he's very blocky and off-putting. But decide for yourself, of course. :) 

I like Ironhide, although he is slightly less cool if you own the HftD deluxe version, which for some reason is much more accurate. I will tell you this though: the blue 'pants' are not as awful as they look on photos.

5. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah that costco bee is too big compared to leader IH and jetwing. I'd go with the HA one and get a couple of bad guys- HA soundwave, HA Barricade, Leader Brawl and Leader ROTF Megatron are my favorite large scale guys (and HFTD starscream and Leader Sentinel are nice too). Voyager ratchet also scales pretty well with this group

6. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Leader Brawl is probably the second best leader mold next to the ROTF Prime. If you have the means to get him I would.

I know I'm in a minority here, but I still feel the '07 Premium Leader Megatron is a great figure.

7. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Maybe going for the first movie 5?

Costco Bee is fantastic:

[​IMG]

Bad pic, but Leader 'Hide is awesome:

[​IMG]

8. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have that one, I agree it's pretty cool. Not great, but decent enough, and the paintjob fixes what was a really terrible looking toy before.

Still, he has a pretty visible crotch-pack and wings. Choosing between the 07 one and the ROTF one, I'd probably pick ROTF.

9. Bossguy

Bossguy Banned

HFTD Starscream.

10. Smashs

News Credits:
    Agree with both. I've been trying to procure a Premium Megs for a while now.

11. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    If you're looking for a Con,

Leader Starscream....

12. Alucard77

News Credits:
    TBH, I really don't care about scale in this line. Like I said, I was just trying to showcase the best and what kinda meets my sensibilities not being a big movie fan or movie figure fan. However, there are definately figures that attracted me.

Seeing pics of Costco Bee and Ironhide is good. They look real good. They maybe it for me. I am trying not to spend more then like $25-$30 on some of these guys.

How is Leader Class Mechtech Bee?

Also, more pics would be appreciated. I just hate the look of so many movie figures, IH and Bee don't look like aliens as much to me. The Decepticons look very alien.

13. JDK

JDK Seen Your Member

News Credits:
    DO NOT bother with Ironhide. The vehicle mode doesn't quite fit together and the kibble on the arms isn't as excusable as I'd hoped. It's a great figure to put on the shelf with the others, but if you're trying to grab the best big movie guys, Ironhide is going to be a waste of your time and money.

Human Alliance Jazz is obviously not leader class, but he scales with the leaders and is easily one of the best transformers of all time, movie or not. Intuitive, logical transformation with no wasted steps and no irritating kibble fiddling, an absolutely luscious dark silver paint job, weapon that transforms from an in-scale motorcycle which is completely screen accurate, all the articulation you could ask for (he can even do a hand stand), except maybe a waist swivel, and his car mode is so compact, it's hard to believe that whole robot is in there.

I'm sure Costco Bee is fine, but the electronics are a nightmare, it's about as posable as a log, and he doesn't scale for shite. The paint job looks great, but 1. It's not screen accurate and 2. it's pretty paint on a dull figure.

Oh, Leader Starscream is also a masterpiece. I won't do a write-up about it, but basically if you enjoy Movie Screamer's design, that toy delivers it with a perfect 10, or perhaps a 9.5 for lack of a wrist swivel.

He's never talked about, but that's another great toy. The only better representation of Bee/overall Bumblebee toy would be DOTM Deluxe Bee, who has all the best parts of previous Bumblebee deluxes without the crap parts (and you know how many previous Bees we've had... it only makes sense that they perfected it at this point). It's an efficient transformation with two very attractive modes... but it's not big, and certainly not quite in scale in robot mode. Leader Bee scales well, has an interesting and unique transformation, and has NO INTRUSIVE ELECTRONICS. I've been a fool throughout the movie line and purchased many more Bees than I care to admit in pursuit of the ultimate representation for my shelf, and Leader bee is the one I kept.

14. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Leader IH sucks ass if u ask me. I dispise that mold.

Leader starscream kicks ass. Leader bumblebee is very, very underrated. I have 2. One custom for bot mode, and one to display in its stealth force mode. I LOOOOOOVE that stealth force mode.

15. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^^^^ Hahahahaa....we were typing that at the same time.

Yes...ha jazz is one of the best transformers of all time.

16. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Yeah, but HA Jazz is a fortune now isn't he?

17. Smashs

News Credits:
    He's pretty neat. He has a fairly complex transformation, and goes from quite tall to a HA scale vehicle.

I just prefer RotF Bee, mainly because of the vehicle deco.

HA Jazz is one of the best figures I own. I occasionally see him on Amazon for <$40.

18. JDK

JDK Seen Your Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, for whatever reason he was just released the once, and it's a crime that he hasn't gotten a single repaint. He goes for top dollar if you're looking to point-and-click buy, but if you don't mind a hunt and a little waiting, he can be found for under fifty (which he is absolutely worth).

19. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, and it's the reason I sold mine.

20. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    heh, like I said in the other thread, people are going to love or hate leader ironhide. no middle ground with him :lol 

forgot about hftd starscream though in addition to costco bobb and dotm ironhide. starscream is pretty badass. even if you're not a fan of his bot mode, he has an excellent transform and a great alt mode.

here's some ironhide I took awhile ago

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm not really a stickler for the blue on his legs, it is what it is. I still dig the figure though with it's flaws. It's big, simple and fun. FWI-02 kit makes it though. I need to snap some more pics of him with it.