Best in-scale G1 Looking Long Haul?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Uninvited Ghost, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Uninvited Ghost

Uninvited Ghost Well-Known Member

I've been away from Transformers toys in general, sadly, for a while. One of the last things I bought was Combiner Wars Devastator. And I loved most of those bots to essentially be G1 Masterpieces. But I've always hated the Long Haul. Looks way too different than the G1 Long Haul. Somebody please tell me there's a Long Haul in that same scale made by a 3rd Party that makes for a decent G1-style Long Haul.

2. Megawillbot

Megawillbot Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  3. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Depends on what exactly you consider G1 style. For me a very distinctive feature of G1 Long Haul is the shape of his lower legs, formed as they are from the bed of the truck. The only 3rd party Long Haul who has that is from the Toyworld Constructor set (initially sold as loose figures, now only as a set) and that's Masterpiece scale thus quite a bit taller.

All other 3rd party Long Hauls have not had that feature and are more a modern interpretation. But they are closer in size: Maketoys Green Giant, TFC Hercules (Long Haul = Heavy Burden) and Generation Toy Gravity Builder (Long Haul = Loader).