Best Free MMO

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Tigran, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

Currently I am under finanacle issues I am unable to pay subscription fees for MMOs right now.

So I'm looking for good Free 2 play MMOs.

Any suggestions.

Trying Star Trek.. But ship combat kinda bothers me so far.

2. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Champions Online has some fun to be had with the character creator and the game play isn't too bad either, in my opinion.

DC Universe Online has better game play and voice acting but the character creator isn't amazing.

What I played of Neverwinter was interesting.

Oh, Star Wars The Old Republic. It actually has an interesting story and decent game play. Plus grab some friends and it's a blast.

3. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

I've tried Champions.. But every time I try to log in, it says my information is incorrect, and when I try to reset it.. it doesn't send me any info.. But I shall try again.

I just can't get into it.. I have it on my PS3, PC, and PS4 and just can't get into it. :( 

[/QUOTE]

I have no friends. x.x;

4. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Old Republic is worth soloing through for the story, but after once on each side it's super repetitive.

5. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Just to clarify, are we talking free-to-pay after purchase of base game, or free-to-play base game with a cash shop and/or premium content.

6. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

Either/or

Yes I have GW2.. but again, it kinda gets boring without friebds.

7. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    if you have a 3ds you might want to check out monster hunter 4u bud.
    it's not gonna be a huge massive open community like some games but if you've ever played the phantasy star online/universe games it works a lot like that.

a really good offline/solo system with free online multiplayer in case you get bored of soloing. you can party with 3 others at a time, and either play with friends or join open games (again, a lot like PSO here). there's also a decent discussion community here on tfw for it so yeah.

it's not quite that mmo setting but it's cashshop free, free dlc, free online mp. has a lot going for it at with just a $40 entry fee, and you can take it with you wherever you go.

8. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    For just generally free to play games, Smite and Nosgoth are both fun to me.

9. Zathras

Zathras Vive le Quebec Libre

Elder Scroll Online is now F2P

10. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Really?

11. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    ESO goes free to play starting March 17th for PC, and sometime in June for PS4 and XBO. You just need to buy the game to play. There is going to be a new version called Tamriel Unlimited out around that time that has like all the digital DLC stuff and all the patches up to then for the F2P release.

Then it's going to be like other F2Ps, where extras like cosmetic stuff is either in a payshop per item, or you still pay the $15 a month for everything. I'm going to finally jump in once the PS4 version comes out.

12. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

Warframe is one of the best F2P games out there and has TONS of content. There are micro transactions but I don't believe any content is behind a pay-wall.

World of Tanks is also lots of fun.

13. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Well, if the fantasy MMO thing is up your alley, Tera is actually pretty fun to play if you can tolerate the fan-servicey style of costumes and character design. Hell it can even be played with an Xbox Controller, and the combat is extremely dynamic.

14. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

I've tried terra from time to time, but never put much into it. I may take a look at that one.

15. Frozen_Primal

Frozen_Primal ???????????????????????

If you like ARPG with a slice of MMO, you could always try Marvel Heroes. Not all characters are available at start, but you can buy them with ingame currency.

16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Lean Mean Angry Machine

News Credits:
    This, pretty much. The premium currency - Platinum - skips the grind for individual things if you want it NOW, but generally the only things you can not get in the game without Plat that really become necessary in the long run are storage slots for more weapons, Warframes, and kubrows. Which you can easily get a lot of with less than the amount you would pay for a single tank of gas since $20 gets you like, 370 Plat, if you don't use an in-game awarded plat discount (anywhere from 10% to the ultra rare 50% to the mythical "we give you plat for free" discount) coupon.

17. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    One that's really nice is Dragon Nest. There's no pointing and clicking. It's all action. There's several classes, which all have vastly different play styles. Later on, you start fighting huge hordes of enemies, and giant bosses. It even has a pretty decent story, with cut scenes that your character actually participates in. This one is on Steam.

While not really an MMO, it's more of a multiplayer shooter, SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online is pretty fun. It has a massive number of mobile suits to collect. You also really don't have to pay just to get good stuff. It sets you up with some reasonable units early on, and you can get nearly everything with earned points. OGPlanet | SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online

18. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Lean Mean Angry Machine

News Credits:
    I tried getting into that, quickly ran into the problem of needing the premium currency in order to get more than 18 units without selling any of them off. This is a significant problem if you're trying to combine multiple suits since even the early ones require four different suits for mid-tier things like some version of the Blue Frame Astray

19. Menasor

Menasor Jibba Jabberin' Automod

Lord of the Rings Online is f2p and has a pretty decent setup for it. I've been playing the game off and on for the past 7 years and it has been a lot of fun. Definitely worth checking out.

20. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    Path of Exile is a good f2p Multiplayer ARPG. Due to get a big update in a few weeks and no pay-to-win, cosmetic micro transactions only.