Best Comic of 2005

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Primal, Jan 9, 2006.

?

Best Comic of 2005

Poll closed Jan 16, 2006.
  1. Green Lantern: Rebirth

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Countdown to Infinite Crisis (One shot)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. JSA Classified: Power Trip

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. The Ultimates 2: Gods and Monsters

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Batman: Under the Hood

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. The OMAC Project (including Superman: Sacrifice)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Primal

Primal Veteran

News Credits:
    After counting up all the nominations from last weeks thread, we're down to 6 titles to choose from.

From these 6, select your favourite... Voting ends in a week!

Here's the tabulation of the nominations.
    Note: Some just listed series (Conan, Invincible, Planetary, Walking Dead) so I did my best to find the story arcs from 2005.

<table><tr><td>Title</td><td>Nominations</td></tr><tr><td>Green Lantern: Rebirth</td><td>9</td></tr><tr><td>Countdown to Infinite Crisis (One shot)</td><td>5</td></tr><tr><td>JSA Classified: Power Trip</td><td>5</td></tr><tr><td>The Ultimates 2: Gods and Monsters</td><td>5</td></tr><tr><td>Batman: Under the Hood</td><td>4</td></tr><tr><td>The OMAC Project (including Superman: Sacrifice)</td><td>4</td></tr><tr><td>Astonishing X-Men: Dangerous</td><td>3</td></tr><tr><td>Captain America: Winter Soldier</td><td>3</td></tr><tr><td>Young Avengers: Sidekicks</td><td>3</td></tr><tr><td>The Flash: Rouge War</td><td>2</td></tr><tr><td>JLA: Crisis of Conscience</td><td>2</td></tr><tr><td>House of M</td><td>2</td></tr><tr><td>New Avengers: Breakout</td><td>2</td></tr><tr><td>New Avengers: Sentry</td><td>2</td></tr><tr><td>Conan - any from 2005?</td><td>1</td></tr><tr><td>Ferro City: The Medusa Key</td><td>1</td></tr><tr><td>Gold Digger: Oblivion/Black Gate</td><td>1</td></tr><tr><td>Grim Jack: Killer Instincts</td><td>1</td></tr><tr><td>Invincible: Facts Of Life</td><td>1</td></tr><tr><td>JSA: Black Vengeance</td><td>1</td></tr><tr><td>Planetary: Leaving the 20th Century</td><td>1</td></tr><tr><td>Superman/Batman: Absolute Power</td><td>1</td></tr><tr><td>Tales of TMNT Volume 2 #9</td><td>1</td></tr><tr><td>Teen Titans/Outsiders: The Insiders</td><td>1</td></tr><tr><td>Ultimate Fantasic 4: Crossover</td><td>1</td></tr><tr><td>Villains United</td><td>1</td></tr><tr><td>Walking Dead: Hearts Desire</td><td>1</td></tr><tr><td>Walking Dead: Safety Behind Bars</td><td>1</td></tr><tr><td>Wolverine: Enemy of the State</td><td>1</td></tr></table>

2. Frequency

Frequency Formerly Berserker Prime

Well, of that list, the only thing I read, and the only thing I'd bother reading, is Green Lantern Rebirth.

Edit: Except for Ultimates, which I'm catching up on right now. Great series so far, but not up to part 2 yet.

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    JSA Classified: Power Trip!

Yay Power Girl! :rock 

4. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    I loved Ultimates 2. Great art, and great story.

GL Rebirth is a VERY close second place. I wish I could have voted for both of them.

5. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

"Green Lantern: Rebirth"

I hated the concept. I didn't want to see it happen. I mean no disrespect to Hal Jordan or his fans, but it just felt way too late to be bringing him back. Especailly after Kyle had found his place in the DCU.

But GODDAMN did it ever freakin' ROCK! :rock 

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hal Jordan: "Get the HELL away from them!" < :rock  Best page of last year IMO.

7. Primal

Primal Veteran

News Credits:
    Just a reminder that the poll is ending soon... still a chance to vote if you haven't yet.

8. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

Lots of support for DC here (which I cant stand). This was a really down year for marvel in my opinion, the big event House of M was a total dud. I cant say I look forward to 2006 with the way things are shaping up at marvel either. The biggest letdown has to be that Milligan is doing Apocalypse's comeback, ugh...

9. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was a banner year for DC. Infinite Crisis is one of the most enjoyable comic events I've read in years (10 years to be exact, going back to the Age of Apocalypse).

Marvel, on the other hand, centered their year around an abysmal Big Event where absolutely nothing happened for six issues. Meanwhile, Astonishing X-Men, before disappearing completely for six months, took a huge nosedive in quality. At this point, it really seems like Marvel's only consistent strategy is to stick Wolverine and/or Spider-Man into as many comics as possible and trust them to provide sales. I've been a loyal Marvel fan since I started reading comics, but I came really close to dropping Marvel and going exclusively with DC last year.

(And I like Milligan on X-Men. He's not the best writer the book's ever had, but he's really grown on me since the Decimation started. The last issue was great. And to be honest, I trust him with Apocalypse way more than I'd trust Claremont or Whedon.)

10. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

Ultimates 2 with JSA Power Trip as a distant 2nd.

11. Primal

Primal Veteran

News Credits:
    The results are in! Thanks to everyone for participating again this year :) 
    [​IMG]