Best Combiner in Combiner Wars

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by smf2045, Nov 7, 2016.

?

Which combiner in Combiner Wars is your favorite of them all? Vote for three:

1. Superion

2. Menasor

3. Defensor

4. Bruticus

5. Devastator

6. Optimus Maximus

7. Victorion

8. Sky Reign

9. Computron

10. Liokasier

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    favorite CW gestalt = Bruticus
    favorite UW gestalt = Computron with a huge lead

• Like Like x 1
  2. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

I wanted it to be Bruticus, but Superion is just the better figure because of how amazing Silverbolt is as a figure.

• Like Like x 1
  3. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    I picked Devastator for the sheer Christmas morning sort of joy I felt while opening the set. It felt like I was a kid all over again opening them. If I could bottle that feeling, man I'd never have bad days. Having said that, I don't think I have a favorite set altogether. I like bits from all over. Motormaster is my favorite from the line. The Aerialbot molds probably fill out the rest for me.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like everything in the line I've bought, and I agree with the general sentiment that Superion and Bruticus are both pretty great. But I've got to give my vote to Victorion. It's five strong molds spread over six characters, with an amazing unified color scheme.

I've also got to give very strong props to Liokaiser, though some of that rests on the amazing head sculpts for the limbs and their paint jobs.

• Like Like x 1
  5. flik68

flik68 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1. superion
    2. defensor
    3. bruticus

6. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    Superion is the most aesthetically pleasing to me, especially with the fourth jet instead of Alpha Bravo.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dramatic Spoon

Dramatic Spoon Well-Known Member

Honestly?

Galvatronus.

• Like Like x 1
  8. cirecire88

cirecire88 New Member

Too bad no Predaking

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Superion is the best of what's on the list... everyone else either has flaws that detract from them being worthy of a vote or are overshadowed by their superior Unite Warriors counterpart.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Superion is easily superior.hes a very well put together Combiner.

The six Protectobots deserve a special mention though. If Hot Spots ratchets weren't just a bit off he'd be an excellent Combiner and he illustrated how a six man team could work well and still feel really G1.

• Like Like x 1
  11. combinerlover

combinerlover MONSTRUCTOR's BFF ;)

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If this had been any thing , It would be UW COMPUTRON , but in this case ... Devy , DEFENSOR , BRUTICUS all equally fill number the one slot , Not much of a SUPERION fan ....

• Like Like x 1
  12. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    this is harder if we are not discussing Unite Warriors ~ i still think Superion and Defensor are hands down the best, and i'd probably have ranked UW Computron 3rd, but i can't vote for red Superion (featuring Red Streetwise and Brown Brawl)

CW Bruticus loses to me for his mold reuse (Onslaught just doesn't work for me anywhere near the level of Hot Spot with his Combiner parts just stacked on top, and i was so bored of the helicopter mold by the time the Combaticons arrived, i can't believe it didn't get reshelled at least once between all the uses). Not to mention BOINO (Blast Off In Name Only) and while i like Menasor, he's got issues. (dos' hips)

None of the Prime/Autobot Car sets even register to me.

I guess, STRICTLY from CW, i'd rank Liokaiser 3rd, from a combination of excellent new head molds and the shear unexpected audacity of Hasbro going there.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  13. JoshFinn

JoshFinn Getting real sick of your shit starscream

1)Devastator(Too big for a classics shelf but looks great on a Mp shelf)
    2)Bruticus(military vehicles nuff said)
    3)Menasor(weakest of the decepticon combiners but still a great combiner)
    4)Defensor(made up of some of the best figures in the line, Hot spot and Rook)
    5)Superion(great figure but just like the other 4 a little too a lot more)

• Like Like x 1
  14. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

The one I want to vote for wasn't on the list. Tripredacus. I love Beast Wars, it was nice seeing something that wasn't all just G1 combiners, they never had toys that actually look like their animation models before, and I think it was smart to include Ravage and Tarantulas as part of the set considering they're both agents of the Tripredacus Council.

Magnaboss was kind of cool too but considering the main three, Prowl, Silverbolt, and Ironhide, were achieved by just putting stickers on their G1 inspired toys and adding two characters who make no sense to include with the set, that's kind of the worst Combiner team. Magnaboss would have been better if Prowl, Silverbolt, and Ironhide were repaints not just sticker sets. Unit-3 is just totally random and a stupid name for a character. The only reason Tigatron is there is because for some reason every time we get a BW Ravage there's a white repaint not far behind. I think Ikard and Cohrada should of been the other two members of CW Magnaboss cause they both had an already established connection to Magnaboss similar to Ravage and Tarantulas with Tripredacus. They also could have not made Terrorsaur so that the budget for that could have gone into actually painting these guys. Why have a CW Terrorsaur when he's not part of any combiner set? I mean you can still use the gimmick if you want to but he's not really made to go with anything, he's just there.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    The Takara Devastator is probably the most impressive to me. For the size, detail, accuracy.

Bruticus is probably the update of a G1 combiner in the regular CW scale I like most.

The Takara Optimus Maximus is probably the one I'd most want to own, if I was buying any of the combiners. Almost more for the fact I like them as updates of the Ark crew than for them as a combiner. I don't have any of those characters in CHUG form other than Optimus. But the price is beyond what I could justify.

16. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Superion, UW Computron, Victorion

17. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I picked Bruticus but really they're all pretty great. I get the Superion love, cohesive set and Silverbolt is probably the best torso IMHO.

I also agree with the opinion that the Stunticon limbs are really nice. But Motormaster is flawed, even with the revised hips the shoulders are still sucky and they shortchanged him paint wise. With some custom apps he's better but the gestalt still has issues because of him.

Devs is awesome but I own the UW set. And I have a hard time lumping him into this comparison.

Back to Bruticus. I simply love the character but I have to admit that many of the figures needed custom paint apps to make them shine, especially blue guy. And Swindle is just way too greeble-y.

18. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

Still like Devastator the best. I've never even seen any of the others at retail.

19. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    It's hard for me to compare Devastator to the other Combiners...very apple to a bunch of oranges so I'm leaving him out.

Overall, I'd say Computron is my favorite. Aside from a few nagging issues, he's simply the best of the bunch so far.

20. Latooni

Latooni Terrorsaur enjoyer

I have a tremendous soft spot for Menasor, even despite his shortcomings as a torso.

I really like Bruticus given how his chest plate firmly locks Onslaught's shoulders into place, so I can move the arms around without them coming free.(One of a few things that I found was a bit of a letdown with Defensor, aside from part of his ladder assembling getting in the way of his legs...)

I don't own any version of the Sky Reign torso at this time, unfortunately.

And... The Superion torso, regardless of version or remolded parts. It's just a generally solid, stable torso without parts that hinder articulation of the limbs unlike other torsos.

Overall, I feel like Bruticus and Superion/Computron/Galvatronus/etc are probably the best for updated(and new) Scramble City gestalts.