Best Combiner in Combiner Wars

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by smf2045, Nov 7, 2016.

?

Which combiner in Combiner Wars is your favorite of them all? Vote for three:

1. Superion

2. Menasor

3. Defensor

4. Bruticus

5. Devastator

6. Optimus Maximus

7. Victorion

8. Sky Reign

9. Computron

10. Liokasier

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. smf2045

smf2045 Aficionado of Combiners

News Credits:
    Which combiner in Combiner Wars is your favorite of them all and why? I'm talking strictly about Combiner Wars, NOT Unite Warriors. I didn't include "torso-only" bots that didn't have their own dedicated sets of limbs, such as Ultra Prime, Galvatronus, and Betatron.

Post pics of your favorite, too! I want to see how folks assemble their bots.

Mine is, of course, Superion, because I'm an aircraft fanboy, with Bruticus coming in at second, due to being made up of a cool variety of combat vehicles, and Devastator at third for being the original Transformers combiner and a pretty damn good toy. I don't yet have Computron or Liokaiser.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Battle Blade

I don't have a working camera right now, so sadly i can't take pictures. However, my fav is Bruticus. He's just got so much variety in his limbs while still fitting an aesthetic, and his limbs are great figures in their own right, the combined mode looks good in its own right, and it's just an all around fun figure. Bruticus is also my favorite combiner in fiction, too, so that also helps.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chronix

Chronix Well-Known Member

Which Computron?

4. Taureanstar

Taureanstar Well-Known Member

I've always thought that devastator and superion were the two best, then a handfull of others could arguably be put into third place - each with their own unique issues. I would pick devastator first, but I think there's an argument to be made for superion being first. Then there are maybe 4 or 5 others that are all similarly good and bad.

• Like Like x 1
  5. smf2045

smf2045 Aficionado of Combiners

News Credits:
    As I said in the first post, I'm only taking about Combiner Wars figures.

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Insert Clever Title Here

News Credits:
    Only taking into consideration Hasbro's releases my vote is for Superion.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ljacone

ljacone Decepticon Pretender

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I voted for Menasor for purely fannish reasons. He's my favorite G1 combiner, the Stunticons are my favorite Special Team, Wildrider is my favorite Decepticon, and I played Wildrider and Motormaster on TF2K5 back in the day. The only adder I have on him is a connector piece for Blackjack from Shapeways (CW Blackjack Upgrade "Gun-Axe" by fakebusker83 on Shapeways). He is the only combiner I bought from CW and I am still extremely tickled every time I see him standing tall next to my desk.

• Like Like x 1
  8. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime End of Days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love them all but I think superion came out the strongest regardless of what configuration you use, his limbs are equally good as arms or legs. I can't say that about too many other molds. Silverbolt is also probably the strongest of the torso bots. Next is devy but he was also designed as a combiner first and individual bots seconds. Third is bruticus although I think he ties with defensor. Brawl is an atrocious arm and doesn't hold together but his other modes work barring the waist. Everyone else is very strong.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BlueAngel_Bolt

BlueAngel_Bolt I'M REALLY FEELING IT

News Credits:
    Was gonna vote Computron until I read "not Unite Warriors" :p 
    Devastator is definitely my favorite. The way that all six bots come together almost seamlessly and tightly to form a very articulated and huge bot still astounds me

• Like Like x 1
  10. Blot

Blot Terrorcon Foot Soldier

News Credits:
    Of the ones I have, I really like them all a ton, but if I had to rank them it would go like this (I just voted for the top three).

1. Devastator--he was designed to be the best and cost the most, so it's no surprise he's getting the most votes so far
    2. Defensor--I just find him the most well-rounded of the scramble guys--mold/vehicle-diverse members and a nice, solid combiner robot
    3. Computron--same justification as Defensor
    4. Superion
    5. Bruticus
    6 (tie). Menasor
    6 (tie). G2 Menasor

• Like Like x 1
  11. ultraman zoffy

ultraman zoffy Well-Known Member

Kind of a tough vote for me because while I love combiner wars, I can't stand most of the combiners unless they are transformed into a fan mode of some sort (sky reign being the exception). With that, if we're talking totally stock out of the box and leaving out looseness issues, I'm with Victorion. That unified paint scheme of hers really hits home for me compared to the others.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Sausage puns are the wurst

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Tumblr:
    Of the four Combiners I have, Superion or Bruticus.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Superion & Bruticus, easily.

I like Devastator but it is hard for me to pose him and it was hell Christmas morning trying to get him combined.
    Menasor is the reason I don't combine my CW combiners.
    Optimus Maximus & Thunder Mayhem I don't combine, couldn't even complete Sky Reign since Sky Lynx doesn't exist apparently.
    Defensor is okay.
    And I like Victorion just because she is a new fembot.
    Really want Computron & Liokaiser, in fact I'm pretty sure if I do get Computron for Christmas he'd make the top three.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Markus76

Markus76 Well-Known Member

I voted for Devastator because he's the biggest and he fits in with my masterpieces scale-wise.

Superion was well done.

Defensor and Bruticus are almost as good as Superion, but they do have some standing upright issues.

Menasor was my favorite combiner of G1, but dammit, they just completely botched the hips for him, though Perfect Effects fixed that, although I haven't seen that in person.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    G2 Menasor

16. motorthing

motorthing Carry on you Wayward Son

News Credits:
    I like them all (to a point) and the only one I haven't gone for is Victorion (dose colours!) but I think Superion is probably the most cohesive all round to me - especially with the PE add ons. Computron is solid, but the UW version is way better to me so it's like always knowing there is a better version out there.

Bruticus is also a really solid, cohesive toy to fiddle and have fun with, considering just how much was changed from Hot Spot to Onslaught it's good to see that Brute still works as well as Defensor does.

Menasor get a lot of flak, and I can understand why with that odd torso and poor hip arrangement but when decombined I may love the Stunticons the most of all as a team of Bots. That's something that sometimes gets overlooked with Gestalts, that the overall package can include just how good or otherwise the individual pieces are.

• Like Like x 1
  17. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    alright..i have decided in order!

1. victorion: when the voting results were announced, the only thing i didn't want on her was the color (i wanted orange and blue, to enforce my dbz headcanon to the max) and i enjoyed her the most when it came to messing around! the matching limbs, the original hands and heels, and her massive sword are bonuses to victorion.

2. computron: i remember how bad i freaked out when betashot was announced because i thought the true computron wasn't gonna happen.i was so relieved on the reveal of the boxset...even though i enjoyed UW's incarnation a bit more, CW's computron is amazing in its own right. i also enjoy the fact that he has 7 members if you include cybaxx as his own character. while the placement of scounge was a disappoinment at first (i wanted a captain america shield) i imagine him as a shield generator or something now....

3. bruticus: bruticus...is awesome for so many reasons....that is all....

• Like Like x 1
  18. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I suppose Superion, but I think Menasor is a better set.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Schmegatronis

Schmegatronis Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    No Betatron?

20. usernamedustin

usernamedustin Banned

If it is only Hasbro Combiner Wars, Superior is the best. If we are counting Unite Warriors, Computron is the best.

• Like Like x 2