Best Buy Canada Exclusive Pics - No Robot Heroes

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Batman, Oct 16, 2007.

1. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    yeah... for canadians or whoever in Canada , don't feel upset... cuz' it is a stupid joke for BB to have so few of them and even if they got some... only 1 figure each left by 10am opening at the store I went to this morning... What a stupid joke from Bestbuy too.. and if the corporate customer service can't do anything about it... consider Hasbro is stupid enough to let BB to screw us by making such limited edition which is better than their mass production voyager megatron...

Wondering who in the Hasbro is responsible for this madness ??

2. jbowman

jbowman Member

At the Best Buy I went to here in Jacksonville, FL, They had 4 cases (4 figs per case 8 megs and 8 rachet) which were not brought out unitl about 10:15 and they were all gone not to long after that. They didnt limit you either.

3. JonnieHardcore

JonnieHardcore Member

I got the Transmetal finished Ratchet and Megatron. I was there 5 mins before they opened and everyone was waiting in their cars.

I walked up to the door and made the line start. it ended up being pretty damn long and I got the two figures.

They only had 2 megs and 1 ratchet. although, the manager said theyd gotten 2 of each in the truck.

4. benzo

benzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I so wanted the Robot Heros! :(  oh well, I do like that 32 page book it cames with though!

5. Freyabeads

Freyabeads TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

ummm some of us real fans were there early too.

6. JDM_EK3

JDM_EK3 Well-Known Member

Atleast I got the 3" Titanium Optimus Prime when I just opened my Best Buy Gift Set.... otherwise I think I'd be even more pissed.

7. cuguy

cuguy Member

seems my local best buy only got 4 total of the metallics... two ratchet, two megs... they broke the release date and sold them last night. I found this out this morning. I work nights and decided to stay up until BB opened at 10... went there and was the 1st through the door and back to the DVD's.. guy said, oh we are sold out!! I freaked! I was 1st damnit! Anyway, I got them to put a ratchet on back order and one of the guys came out holding a megs... so I bought it! Just gotta wait till next week for the ratchet...

8. Elvio

Elvio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My local Best Buy had 5 of each. I only snagged Megs since I didn't have that mold, and I wasn't impressed by the Ratchet paint job.

9. BingoBrown

BingoBrown Well-Known Member

Probably not, considering that no one had any clue how many of these were being produced. So it's not like scalpers would have even known to go out and buy all these up. Heck, I wasn't crazy about Ratchet, considering the variation in the paint looks pretty minor, but I probably would have picked him up if I knew how rare these things are.

Anyway, we don't know that they won't be shipping more waves of Ratchet and Megatron. However, it would seem pretty stupid not to heavily stock every Best Buy in the country for DVD release day if they were already made.

10. Talathia

Talathia TFW's Cool Little Heathen

After I went to Target this morning, I passed by Best Buy, there was a line and people waiting in their cars.
    When I walked up to the door some guy smiled widely at me ":D  they open at 10!" >.> I was wearing my 'Con shirt. Wondering if he was a fan. I waiting in my car a bit, but.. seriously.. didn't want to spend 30 bucks for a Litho, and I'm not terribly impressed by the Megs BB edition- so I went home. But I imagine... there was a lot of fans there early in the morning too, not just Scalpers.

11. mikull

mikull Active Member

my local Best Buy had a line, and 2 of each figure. No one even seemed interested in the toys.

12. Jetfireinthesky

Jetfireinthesky Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm don't know how to feel about this. The greater New Orleans area has had some pretty crappy distribution over the years but around noon I went to Best Buy to get Megatron and they had serveral of him and serveral of Ratchet. When I got in the car I had a funny feeling like I shouldn't open him. Now I'm one of those who doesn't have any figures in package. So after a sec of that weird feeling I riped that sucker open. He is currently standing next to Robovision Optimus Prime. So anywho. If these two do turn out to be rare I'm just going to be amazed that New Orleans got so many. If anyone wants one because they are in fear this will end up being rare PM me and I'll see if I can pick one up for you.

13. Optimus Matt

Optimus Matt Well-Known Member

the book is nice i'm disappointed i got thundercracker.

14. Optimus Matt

Optimus Matt Well-Known Member

did the 2 disk dvd have a scene selection card insert or does it only have the camero ad and the thing on the outside of the box? i know dvds arn't including them as much anymore.

15. urbs16

urbs16 Member

....yea unfortunately canadians didnt get any robot heroes but...bestbuy in vancouver, BC decided to throw in a classic deluxe figure. Some of the options were ramjet, cliffjumper, starcream and mirage. Not sure if there was others..but thats what I saw. Im pretty content with that!

Free classic deluxe figure, lithograph with exclusive DVD set! BOOYAH

16. ranoobu

ranoobu I like fried chicken

News Credits:
    Do Canadians always get screwed when it comes to crap like this?

I don't understand why they couldn't do the same.. what the heck is the difference??? we're connected by a continent!

Edit: ooo some bestbuys had classic deluxes?.. starscream?! that's sweet!.. I think that beats out robot heroes :lol 

17. Icetron

Icetron Well-Known Member

Sometimes we do get screwed for exclusives/preorders and stuff, it happened quite a few times for those preorder bonus goodies for games from EB (no Gamestop here).

I'd rather have a free deluxe classic than those 2 robot heroes though. :lol  I didn't stop by Best Buy today so I guess I missed the chance.

18. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    Dang I pre-ordered mine from Best Buy, I wonder if they will include the Classics Deluxe figure in my shipment? Guess I will have to wait and see...

19. Incepticon

Incepticon Snowflake Melter

News Credits:
    Hells yeah, that's probably the best combo deal I've heard about anywhere. I can't believe they have enough Starscream's kicking around to just give out for free.

Hmm... I need an extra Cliffjumper... might have to check out one of my local Best Buy's tomorrow :) 

20. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No scene selection card. Just the 2 things you mentioned.

Canada always gets screwed. We never get exclusive toys because Hasbro has to legally put French (Canada's second official language) on the package for it to be sold here at retail (that goes for everything). I guess they do not feel it is worth the time and money to pay a designer, translator etc. to make a few people happy.

This also results in main lines having generic packaging. All movie deluxes, same cardboard back with the con symbol on the front and same 6 figs featured on the back. No tech specs, they are on the back of the instructions, which means if you collect MISB you are screwed. All tits have the same package, Marvel Legends no specs, Star Wars same package. Every thing comes in the same package. They even put it on our damn movies. They have to go through all that trouble for this:

Transformers
    Transformers - Le Film