Best Beast Wars Action Figure Poll

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TM2 Dinobot, Jul 26, 2020.

1. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    6 hrs left on Round 1.

2. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WOW! For the first time ever, every single character I voted for moved on to Round 2! That's amazing. I didn't have very strong feelings about most of them, but that's still pretty cool. And none of them were exceptionally close matches.

This time we're seeing two BWN face offs. That's never happened before. I don't see things going well for Transmutate. She's going up against one of the OGs himself, Waspinator. Probably the days are numbered for Animated Blackarachnia as well. But we shall see if there are any surprises in store.

The Deluxe Waves sure are interesting!

Round 2 is live. Go vote!

Polltab - Best Beast Wars Deluxe 1

• Like Like x 1
  3. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Question... Why is Grimlock listed as an Armada figure? That was an entirely different unrelated toy line.

I assume because Armada started in 2002 and the Dinobots figures were released in 2003 but they were actually a Robots in Disguise subline that carried over into Armada's release. Though since the figures were technically only marked as "Dinobots" not RID or Armada they don't really belong to either of those toy lines. The main clue that they were intended for RID is the packaging style minus the title change matches the RID toy packaging and not Armada's... plus Armada figures all come with Mini-con which the Dinobots did not.

4. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Um... Oversight?

They were released along side the Armada line, in Armada-style packaging, so that's just where I placed them. The only reason people put them in RiD is because some up-jumped fan-wank on Facebook said so.

I never thought to look into the matter before now. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

5. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

It's not Armada style packaging though... it's RID2001 style packaging... I didn't even know about FaceBook back then and I still assumed RID... but honestly... since Dinobots was a separate toy line anyway I don't think it really matters that much as they didn't have much to do with either one other than similar packaging or being released around the same time.

6. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    For some reason I wasn't getting notifications for this thread...

7. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, here's the Dinobots
    [​IMG]

Here's RiD
    [​IMG]

And here's Armada
    [​IMG]

It doesn't really match anything, it's unique in its own right. But the colors and style of the packaging seem closer to Armada for me than the RiD. And RiD had ended a year previously, and we were almost into Energon when the Dinobots were on the shelves. It just never occurred to me to put them in RiD.

I think we can all agree that if they had recycled Beast Wars branding, we would have been happiest.

[​IMG]

EDIT: You can really see the crossover against the boxed figures. Tri-lingual packaging, trading cards, double arrows. It's pretty clearly Armada to my eyes.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  8. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Looking at the side by side again... I can see that now... I was more thinking of the way "Transformers" is printed on the package as they seem to slightly change the font every few years but looking at it again... they didn't even change that from RID to Armada...

But I still stand by my reasoning that since Dinobots was a subline with it's own brand it really doesn't need to be associated with either of them.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fair enough. I didn't really give it much thought. I haven't really looked at them since I bought them... 17 years ago (sob)

10. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just a few hrs left for Round 2. This is gonna be close!

11. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good morning. Monday morning!

What an exciting round that was! Saberback pulled all the way through. And also, Gimlet! How odd. Sadly Transmutate didn't stand a chance against the Juggernaut that was OG Waspinator.

Here's the results:
    Saberback 14 / Guildart 11
    Blackarachnia 14 / Air Attack Drone 13
    Waspinator 19 / Transmutate 7
    Gimlet 15 / Hard Head 11

This ween, in a surprise, random twist, we once again have... Gimlet! Ha! The Telemocha versions of these characters are generally considered to be the best around, and IMO, Telemocha Gimlet is no exception. Telemocha is a Japanese compound word meaning "TV Toy" and some of the characters do look like they stepped right off the screen. Released for the 10th anniversary of Beast Wars, they generally put the American releases to shame. But they also command a much higher price point. The only two Tele figures not in the polls are Cohadra and Arachadis, because they didn't actually get any new paint apps. Much like Hasbro's 10th line, they are slight variations, but otherwise straight reissues. Come on, Japan. I expected more from you.

Other things happening this week: United Megatron, who is a significant recolor of his Cybertron appearance. Torca vs Rhinox I expect to be a close match, as well as Cybershark vs Ramulus. Those are all fan favorites. For me, though, the Frostbite vs Iguanus fight is going to tear me apart. I love them both so much!

As always, Round 1 is Mon-Wed, and Round 2 is Thu-Sat. Be sure to cast your vote then come back here to check the results.

Polltab - Best Beast Wars Deluxe 2

• Like Like x 1
  12. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    6 hrs left for Round 1

13. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Alright, that was interesting. I truly thought Ramulus was more popular than that. I guess that's what I get for listening to specific voices. United Megatron just dominated, and I agree, he's got good colors. Frostbite and Iguanus was really tough for me. I'm glad to see some obscure Universe figures get some love though. Gimlet won. Again. Ha! That's amusing.

Round 2 is going to be a lot tougher in some instances Cybershark vs Waspinator I see being a close match. Maybe Cohadra vs Longrack too.

Round 2 starts now. Go vote! Polltab - Best Beast Wars Deluxe 2

• Like Like x 1
  14. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Happy Monday! We are not onto wave 3. I can't believe how time flies. This week I think we somehow managed to get a figure from every single sub-line. That's incredible! You really get a chance to see the change and evolution in characters and styles. Also, clearly Mecha-tron is the best character, and you're all racist against Beast Riders. :p 

Go vote now. See you on Thursday! Polltab - Best Beast Wars Deluxe 3

Wave 2 poll results:
    Frostbite 14 / Gimlet 9
    Cohadra 13 / Longrack 8
    Cybershark 19 / FK Waspinator 4
    Torca 14 / Megatron 9

• Like Like x 1
  15. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man that was a close round! Wow, we had several tight fights, but ultimately the winners prevailed. We may end up with the battle of Airrazors. That would be neat! It's still a nice spread of characters. How do you feel about the results?

Round 2 ends Sunday. Go vote! Polltab - Best Beast Wars Deluxe 3

• Like Like x 1
  16. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is it Monday? It's Monday. Why is it Monday? What happened to my weekend? Did anyone see where it went?

Airrazor certainly didn't see that coming. She got her cute little butt handed to her. Twice! Optimus had a double win. And Bighorn managed to pull all the way through. The only one that didn't surprise me was Tigatron. He's so pretty.

Optimus Primal 14 / Armada Airrazor 6
    Convobat 11 / Fox Kids Rattrap 6
    Tigatron 13 / Blackarachnia 7
    Bighorn 11 / Airrazor II 7

I was really sad that neither of the Airrazors made it. That Botcon one is a thing of beauty if you've ever held it.

This week, I'm going to make a prediction. Legends Waspinator makes it all the way to the semi finals. I just don't see Huggy or Autolauncher beating him. We're also going to have to contend with the possibility of Transmetal Tigatron vs X-9 Ravage. That's going to be tough for me, if that works out.

Deluxe Wave 4. Fight! Polltab - Best Beast Wars Deluxe 4

• Like Like x 3
  17. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's Thursday. Did everyone enjoy their week? Let's take a look at the contestants.

Tonbot and Shadow Panther was out closest race. I suppose a lot of people went for SP out of nostalgia (I know I did) But let's see if fan favorite Scylla can beat him.
    Tigatron and X-9 is going to be one toooooooough fight. If you've ever had a pony in this race, do it now. I forsee this being our most hotly contested vote of all time.
    Botcon Dinobot made it through. Good for him. He'll be facing off against Cyb Megatron.
    And then there's Waspinator and Powerhug, the little bugs that could. They both just want to be loved. Life is so unfair for them. Someone give them cuddles!

And that's it. See y'all on Monday. Polltab - Best Beast Wars Deluxe 4

• Like Like x 1
  18. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Look at this boi.

[​IMG]

Look at this beautiful boi. So huggy. So cute.

[​IMG]

Look at this crazy, mixed up boi

[​IMG]

Isn't he just the most horrid thing you've ever seen?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Once again it is Monday. Once again we awaken in a world where the Best Beast Wars Figure Poll is a bright spot in our lives. How sad is that?

Friends, I come to you with grave news. Huggy didn't make it. Alas, he was undone but Legends Waspinator. I'd like to say it was a valiant fight, but alas, we all know it wasn't. The ugly boi didn't stand a chance. I dislike that Waspinator figure. I don't understand why they made the beast mode mechanical? It makes no sense.

Scylla has also fallen. The last home for the squid lady has vanished. A moment of silence for our beloved best girl.

Also, the Tigatron/X-9 fight wasn't even close. At all. I was completely shocked. I thought it would have been a slugfest, but it wasn't.

Results:
    Waspinator 11 / Powerhug 6
    Shadow Panther 14 / Scylla 4
    X-9 Ravage 11 / Transmetal Tigatron 7
    Dinobot (BC) 12 / Megatron (Cyb) 6

This week we have Wave 5. It's a real mixed bag, and it could be anyone's game. But I don't see Transmetal Tarantulas losing. I expect when we get to the semi-finals, that guy has a real chance of taking the championship. We also, again, have the battle of the Snarls. Man, Hasbro just loves calling characters Snarl. Reptillion is a personal favorite of mine. I will be eager to see how he does.

Ready? Fight! Polltab - Best Beast Wars Deluxe 5

• Like Like x 1
  20. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That was an interesting race. This is going to be a Universe-strong wave, I can tell already. There are so many classics in here, so many dear to my heart. I don't want any of them to lose! Don't make me chose between Skywarp and Reptillion! I can't take it! :(  Also, Prowl's image stopped working, but it's still there if you click on the expansion box. Odd.

Round 2 is live now. It's gonna be a tough one. Do your civic duty and go vote! Polltab - Best Beast Wars Deluxe 5

• Like Like x 1